Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM   #11
Tribro
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Cleaning Mama Cloths?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaJax2010 View Post
I've been thinking about making some. DH is grossed by the idea, but I hate everything about "sposie" pads and I'm a little jealous of DS in his cloth! I planned on washing with dipes.
I just remind my DH that the disposable ones are grosser, they just end up in a landfill, At least with rinsing and washing the liquid just seeps back into our lovely planet and dissapears!

Advertisement

Old 04-20-2012, 10:38 PM   #12
TwistedBranches
Registered Users
Formerly: MommaCrunch82
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know this is an old thread... but wanted to share something I've found that will help get out the AF stains in mama cloth- I wash it out in the sink to get the majority out, but then you can put hydrogen peroxide on any residual-- there's a reaction between blood and the hydrogen peroxide that dissolves the blood! Wash out the mama cloth first, don't just pour the hydrogen peroxide on it. Do it over the sink, and you'll see it all come out-- then just rinse it again!

I've done this with sheets too, as my niece is prone to nosebleeds and used to get them while napping. It also works on most carpet and other clothing! (it has never bleached anything that I've done it to)
TwistedBranches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #13
MommyCaroline
Registered Users
seller

I honestly just fold them up, and toss them in my laundry basket til wash day! Then I was with my regular laundry. They get clean, and I've had no issues!
MommyCaroline is offline   Reply With Quote