Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2011, 04:47 PM   #21
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is there a support group for c-sections on here?

so happy to see this thread!!!!!

i am having my third c/s in april...my hospital doesnt allow vbacs...dr doesnt support vbac and so dh says trust the dr...its kinda weird for me...with my 2nd child...i never batted an eye at a repeat c/s...with this baby though I fought hard against DH...and was thinking of trying to do a vbac with a birthing center...talked to them over the phone and had an appt set up...but dh was totally against it...I even thought about changing dr.s and hospitals...which is crazy for me to do...the hospital i would use is not nearly as nice a hospital as the one i go to...and I LOVE my dr...I have been with him for about 6 years now and he totally has had my back for everything...even helped me out with crazy ex-boss and junk with baby #2...
BUT i still had this wild dream to try for a vbac...that if i was going to do one this was pretty much my last chance...

then I remembered what I had said after DD1 ended up coming by c/s...that everything happens for a reason and that the Lord has a plan for me...to let go and let God...I am now at peace with having a 3rd c/s...and like a pp said...its really not about me and what i want...its about getting a healthy baby

thanks for starting this thread!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by Br2me; 11-22-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:14 AM   #22
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Both my babies were born by c/s. They were both well over 9 pounds with heads that were 15+ inches; both flipped OP during labor, and weren't budging.

People can tell me (and have told me ) all they want about how I'm "missing out" because I didn't have a "real birth". They can preach about how my OB only did a c/s for the money, blah, blah, blah. In truth, though, after days and days of back labor with each baby, I was more than ready for it to be over with.

I'll still probably try for a VBA2C with the next baby, but will be OK if I end up having another c/s.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 01:36 PM   #23
ho11yb
Registered Users
seller

I just had my second C section 3 days ago. While I am still having some discomfort & occasional pain, I'm feeling overall pretty good. My experience this time was so much better than last even though it is at the same hospital. Things that made this a much better experience: my arms were not strapped down this time. Immediately after being born, the baby was brought to me and while not laid on my chest I was able to reach up and touch him, see him, stroke his cheek, etc. He was brought to me approx 5 min after I got into the recovery room. He was brought in just a diaper and hadn't had a bath yet. Skin to skin contact was encouraged and he laid on my chest for several hours & attempted to nurse before going for a bath. For me that made the experience so much more rewarding or at least not such a disappointment compared to last time. I was so pleased the hospital modified its policies to make it possible.

Blame the typos on the iPad!
ho11yb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #24
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho11yb View Post
I just had my second C section 3 days ago. While I am still having some discomfort & occasional pain, I'm feeling overall pretty good. My experience this time was so much better than last even though it is at the same hospital. Things that made this a much better experience: my arms were not strapped down this time. Immediately after being born, the baby was brought to me and while not laid on my chest I was able to reach up and touch him, see him, stroke his cheek, etc. He was brought to me approx 5 min after I got into the recovery room. He was brought in just a diaper and hadn't had a bath yet. Skin to skin contact was encouraged and he laid on my chest for several hours & attempted to nurse before going for a bath. For me that made the experience so much more rewarding or at least not such a disappointment compared to last time. I was so pleased the hospital modified its policies to make it possible.
maybe pregnancy hormones.. but this totally made me tear up in happiness! Im hoping that since this is a planned section it will be different recovery wise..my scar is real high up and dr said she will do it lower like its supposed to be (im assuming its high bc it was an emergency and they just needed DS out!) I like how they brought you your baby shortly after in recovery..

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG BEFORE YOU GO TO RECOVERY? I WAS KNOCKED OUT LAST TIME SO I DUNNO.. AND WEIRDLY I NEVER ASKED... I WAS JUST HAPPY BABY WAS ALIVE.. BUUUT IM CURIOUS HOW LONG IT TAKES THEM TO GET ME ALL SET AFTER THEY TAKE BABY OUT..

I really want baby skin to skin..and I havnt talked to her dad about it buuut im wondering if he will do this before she is brought to me.. for some reason..sad to say but dont judge.. I have a huuuge feeling he will think thats weird.. ill have to find a good way to bring it up to him! i its not shortly after she is born that she is brought to me id totally want her on his skin.. if its a matter of 15 min or less she can wait for me.. but i really think thats wishful thinking..

I also dont want her brought to be bathed for a while.. i want to be incontrol of everything..this time (like last time) ill bring our own soap and everything... and i want daddy or grandma to be there while she is being bathed..

I know this is alot for one reply but I hope you have gotten through it.. it is a support thread I really was going to shoot for the vbac... dumb me wasnt prepareing this whole time for a secton..I know I have 16w till its time but Im not ready! BF and i havnt talked about anything.... i dont know what to expect in a planned section AT ALL... i cant bear watching it on like baby story bc the idea of being cut and my organs moved around freaks me out! as I sit here and type this i feel so unprepared

jessica

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:23 PM   #25
BBBmOm
Registered Users
seller
seller

This thread makes me happy too

My first was an emergent at 34 (barely) weeks and my second was given until "x" to come naturally, buy was content to stay in there forever...so repeat section. And in MO 2 sections = no further VBAC attempts.
I was major depressed after my 1st was born....a lot to do with her actual birth, but by the time I sectioned with the second, I was at total peace with the situation.

I was awake for both (which is a miracle with the first!!) and I moved to recovery fairly quickly. Maybe 20 min on the table after baby was out? DD (1st) was rushed away to NICU, but DH held DS the entire time in the or, and I got to hold and BF as soon as I wheeled into recovery!

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 11-27-2011, 03:16 PM   #26
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

I'm so glad to see this! I wish it was acknowledged here that sometimes a c-section is the safest way for a baby to be born. I had an emergency c-section with my DS after a failed induction; I spent 3 days in semi-labour, stalled at 7cm for 12 hours, got an infection and DS was in distress (the reason for the induction in the first place). My doctors waited as long as they safely could, but a c-section was the only safe option at that point. I was sick and exhausted and the entire experience was dreadful. I reacted badly to the epidural - I threw up all over the doctor and I was numb all the way up to my face and couldn't feel my arms for hours afterwards. I couldn't hold my baby or even try nursing for hours.

I'm not expecting yet, but we're thinking of trying soon and I'm deciding if I want to try a TOL or just go straight to a planned c-section. I don't want to repeat the same experience next time, but I'd also love to avoid the surgery if possible (anesthetic does not agree with me).
Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 03:41 PM   #27
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ive never had a csection but I just want to say that Im sorry some of the mamas get a hard time for a csection. I personally dont get what the big deal is about them. The baby has to come out somehow and the fact of the matter is that vaginal delivery is not always possible.
Tricia~31 Married for 13 years to Chad~36. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~12, Ethan~10, Jacob~8, Annika~5, Makenna~4, Niko James~3, Cyrus~1 and blessing #8 due 10/10/15
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 08:17 PM   #28
LittleLady8
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ho11yb View Post
I'm so glad that it went well!! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmeow View Post
maybe pregnancy hormones.. but this totally made me tear up in happiness! Im hoping that since this is a planned section it will be different recovery wise..my scar is real high up and dr said she will do it lower like its supposed to be (im assuming its high bc it was an emergency and they just needed DS out!) I like how they brought you your baby shortly after in recovery..

DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW LONG BEFORE YOU GO TO RECOVERY? I WAS KNOCKED OUT LAST TIME SO I DUNNO.. AND WEIRDLY I NEVER ASKED... I WAS JUST HAPPY BABY WAS ALIVE.. BUUUT IM CURIOUS HOW LONG IT TAKES THEM TO GET ME ALL SET AFTER THEY TAKE BABY OUT..

I really want baby skin to skin..and I havnt talked to her dad about it buuut im wondering if he will do this before she is brought to me.. for some reason..sad to say but dont judge.. I have a huuuge feeling he will think thats weird.. ill have to find a good way to bring it up to him! i its not shortly after she is born that she is brought to me id totally want her on his skin.. if its a matter of 15 min or less she can wait for me.. but i really think thats wishful thinking..

I also dont want her brought to be bathed for a while.. i want to be incontrol of everything..this time (like last time) ill bring our own soap and everything... and i want daddy or grandma to be there while she is being bathed..

I know this is alot for one reply but I hope you have gotten through it.. it is a support thread I really was going to shoot for the vbac... dumb me wasnt prepareing this whole time for a secton..I know I have 16w till its time but Im not ready! BF and i havnt talked about anything.... i dont know what to expect in a planned section AT ALL... i cant bear watching it on like baby story bc the idea of being cut and my organs moved around freaks me out! as I sit here and type this i feel so unprepared

jessica
Let's see - I think that they showed me the babe right after he came out. Then DH stayed with him (I couldn't see) while he was weighed and dried off, etc. Immediately after, DH brought him to me and we touched him and talked to him but I couldn't quite manage to hold him. DH held him up to my face so that our cheeks were touching and I could kiss him. It was awesome! I'm pretty sure that DH carried him to recovery with us. Either that or he was wheeled right behind or in front of my bed. Once in delivery, he was ALL MINE!! He nursed and did skin to skin. We passed him back and forth. Right about the time I was ready to go to postpartum, the nurse wanted to take him up for a bath and to get 'checked in' to the nursery. We were both ok with that so he and DH headed upstairs and I followed a few minutes later. I have no idea the time frame of things though. It's all very blurry now . My only complaint was that he got cold during his bath and he had to be under the warmer in the nursery for what seemed like forever and I was starting to get angry. I felt like I was begging for my baby . Otherwise, nothing happened that I didn't want to happen.
If you and the baby are both doing well then there is no medical reason that the baby shouldn't be able to stay in the OR with you and BF until you are ready to move to recovery. Make sure you talk to your Dr. and nurse about exactly what you want to happen. GL!
Old 11-27-2011, 11:05 PM   #29
04liquidS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLady8 View Post
I'm so glad that it went well!! Congrats!

Let's see - I think that they showed me the babe right after he came out. Then DH stayed with him (I couldn't see) while he was weighed and dried off, etc. Immediately after, DH brought him to me and we touched him and talked to him but I couldn't quite manage to hold him. DH held him up to my face so that our cheeks were touching and I could kiss him. It was awesome! I'm pretty sure that DH carried him to recovery with us. Either that or he was wheeled right behind or in front of my bed. Once in delivery, he was ALL MINE!! He nursed and did skin to skin. We passed him back and forth. Right about the time I was ready to go to postpartum, the nurse wanted to take him up for a bath and to get 'checked in' to the nursery. We were both ok with that so he and DH headed upstairs and I followed a few minutes later. I have no idea the time frame of things though. It's all very blurry now . My only complaint was that he got cold during his bath and he had to be under the warmer in the nursery for what seemed like forever and I was starting to get angry. I felt like I was begging for my baby . Otherwise, nothing happened that I didn't want to happen.
If you and the baby are both doing well then there is no medical reason that the baby shouldn't be able to stay in the OR with you and BF until you are ready to move to recovery. Make sure you talk to your Dr. and nurse about exactly what you want to happen. GL!
I had an unplanned c-section (I was attempting a homebirth) and my babe stayed in the OR with me and DH the whole time. DH held him next to me except for while they weighed him and such. When they wheeled me out, DS rode with me on the stretcher. They took us back to L&D and I tried to nurse for a while before DS had to go to the NICU for severe hypoglycemia. I refused for him to be bathed until the next day and DH and I were present, video camera in hand.
Delayed/selective vaxing, APing, BWing, ERFing, CDing & non circing SAHM to Owen Rylan born 7/13/11 & #2!

Fur mom to Lucy, Gunner, Pookie and Briscoe.
04liquidS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #30
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you girls are totally awesome!! Im getting slightly bummed there isnt a total section to support for c-section moms (being its a fact of life ya know?) I want to make a birth plan since this is going to be a planned section you guys have brought to my attention that its still necessary.. I really didnt think to ask the dr if baby could stay in the OR room and then be wheeled off with me.. that sounds aaaamazing!!! Im going to start a new thread please join it too!!

Jessica

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote