Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2011, 04:36 PM   #31
slimy72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is there a support group for c-sections on here?

I would join you! I had one due to a huge baby 11lbs 7oz. a 99% head circumference, and a tiny pelvis. Oh, and I didn't dialate or efface at all on my own. And to make matters more fun, the epi didn't work and they had to knock me out. Because of other health issues I fully expect another C although my dr is fine with a vbac (actually encourages them over a repeat for most patients) but told me he was fine tryig but not to get my hopes up.

Advertisement

Last edited by slimy72; 11-28-2011 at 04:39 PM.
slimy72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:27 AM   #32
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Trying to research and decide between a hossy VBA2C or a second elected Csec next July!! I'd love to see this started!
Old 12-12-2011, 01:21 AM   #33
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I think there should be a section for us. The very fact we are talked down to about our brithing experiences should be reason enough to give us that specialplace wheer we can share with one another.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:37 AM   #34
MyLovely
Registered Users

Just wanted to offer to you all! I'm a firm believer that unmedicated vaginal birth is the healthiest option for healthy mamas and healthy babies with normal pregnancies, but it saddens me that my fellow natural birth supporters don't always have tact in realizing that, even with the WHO's conservative standards, c-sections are still a necessity for 10%-15% of women (and that hospital policies are often restrictive, leading to a higher percentage). When a healthy vaginal birth isn't possible, of COURSE c-sections are a good thing! The fact that they are done too frequently in our culture doesn't somehow negate their life-saving benefits for many, many mamas and it's insulting for them to nitpick to try and find that one thing that somehow makes someone else's section unnecessary. Diminishing the joy someone feels about something as incredible as birth is just abhorrant

I'll plan to have my babies at home and go forward with my plans, but were a c-section necessary, I'd be so happy the technology existed and proud of the fact that I brought a baby safely into the world. It saddens me to see mamas not feel that they can share the exhilaration of their births.

Anyhow, I came across this and wanted to share it with you ladies! If I ever had a scheduled section, I would absolutely love to have such a beautiful birth experience. I just thought it might be something some of you would want to show/discuss with your doctors. I teared up! Link!
Old 12-12-2011, 11:56 PM   #35
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
I think there should be a section for us. The very fact we are talked down to about our brithing experiences should be reason enough to give us that specialplace wheer we can share with one another.
I agree.. there is even a section for formula feeding mamas and breast feeding mamas... you would think there would be one for sections...

I just watched the video on the natural section.. ladies.. im freaking out.. the thought of being cut open and organs moved around still freaks me out sooo much :'( waaaaaaa why me..... I want her on me right away.. but the drs have said NO.. i need to ask again bc it bothers me i wont be her first real sent

Jessica- mama to 3 boys and a girl in march

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 01:31 AM   #36
majomama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yay!! I seriously thought I was one of very few on this board!!
DD1 was an emergency c and to be honest the recovery was not that bad for me. I was more terrified of tearing "down there" than a clean cut

DD2 was a planned csection. My OB wad more than willing to do a vbac(girls are 5 yrs apart) but we do not have family around and hubby had to plan vacation and paternity leave. So for us to know exactly when she was coming helped plan dh time off.

Both times the girls were placed on my chest immediately after. My arms weren't tied down. I don't feel as if I missed out on childbirth, a some ladies would put it. My babies got here safe and sound directy into my arms and not too long after, on the boob!
majomama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:49 AM   #37
tryinforthree
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino
Trying to research and decide between a hossy VBA2C or a second elected Csec next July!! I'd love to see this started!
I am a bit shocked your doctor will allow a vaginal after 2 c-sections. I asked all 6 at my office and they all said no way! However maybe some cases are different and with me there is places where my scar is not properly healed since my last was born so they need to repair the areas. I however have had 1 emergency section as I never dilated past 5 and my sons heart would stop with every contraction. They were so concerned to get him out right now that they didn't have time to safely wait for the spinal to take and they knocked me out. His recovery was not bad and they kept my wishes and the nurses let my mom cuddle him until I could nurse him. They did good and didn't give him a single drop of formula even though it was about 2 hours before I could feed him. My daughter was a planned section. It was nice, they took their time with my spinal. My arms were free to move and not only was my hubby in there but my sister got to come in with me as well. It was great being able to share the birth with them both as my sister had trouble conceiving for several years so this meant the world to her. This last baby will be here in late May and will be welcomed be scheduled section as well. My mom will be there and my hubby as they pull baby out. I wouldn't have it any other way! I have no interest in even pretending that a vaginal birth sounds great. I really have no interest in messing up my stuff down there when I already have the battle scars from the previous deliveries! Nothing wrong in my opinion to those who find vaginal rewarding however I don't find the interest in it. I like they hand me a nice clean baby and I don't have to touch a sticky bloody slippery baby. If they put the baby on my as soon as it came out I would likely get sick as thats a bit much for me. Each mama has their own rights and I support doing it how the mom wants it done! Your body, your baby, your decision!

Sent from my sprint evo3d please look past my auto correct!
Wife to an overworked spoiled hubby who is a major brat! DS who is 9 loves to blame the little one DD who is 3 and my drama baby There is always an adventure to be had with them We are currently expecting number 3
tryinforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:02 AM   #38
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyLovely View Post
Just wanted to offer to you all! I'm a firm believer that unmedicated vaginal birth is the healthiest option for healthy mamas and healthy babies with normal pregnancies, but it saddens me that my fellow natural birth supporters don't always have tact in realizing that, even with the WHO's conservative standards, c-sections are still a necessity for 10%-15% of women (and that hospital policies are often restrictive, leading to a higher percentage). When a healthy vaginal birth isn't possible, of COURSE c-sections are a good thing! The fact that they are done too frequently in our culture doesn't somehow negate their life-saving benefits for many, many mamas and it's insulting for them to nitpick to try and find that one thing that somehow makes someone else's section unnecessary. Diminishing the joy someone feels about something as incredible as birth is just abhorrant

I'll plan to have my babies at home and go forward with my plans, but were a c-section necessary, I'd be so happy the technology existed and proud of the fact that I brought a baby safely into the world. It saddens me to see mamas not feel that they can share the exhilaration of their births.

Anyhow, I came across this and wanted to share it with you ladies! If I ever had a scheduled section, I would absolutely love to have such a beautiful birth experience. I just thought it might be something some of you would want to show/discuss with your doctors. I teared up! Link!

I understand your points but it did upset me a bit. Though let me start by saying I think you use much more tact then many.

People choose csections for a variety of reasons and not always medical necessity. We all have opinions even those of us who had csections.

For instance me. I strongly feel my c section was a result of too much medical intervention. BUt my brithing experience left me broken. Broken and terrified. And honestly, I do not know if I would choose vbac as I am scared to death and if it came to me choosing a reapeat c section or choosing not to have kids outf of fear and anxiety that that decision be it not medical (though we can argue wether or not anxiety is medical reasoning) is any less a better decision.

I guess I just feel even though you tried really hard that post kind of was a smack in the face. Because not all of use are here just due to medical necessity.

I spend the past year feeling I was lesser or a mom, lesser of a woman. I was even told I was too weak to give birth by ther German midwives.

I just want a place I can go with no judgements. With no opinions. I do not want not want to hear that medically they are great but vaginal birth or vbac is better. Because all that does is make me feel like less of a woman again and makes me ask myself if I even should have more kids if I can not she man my way through it.

I realize it was not your intent. So please do not get me wrong. For a long time I read posts under ttc where posters mention certain things being upsetting or triggers and I guess now I kind of get it. Because I want a place to go with women who are in my shoes, not full of the opinions of what other people who have not experienced c sections thing of us or c sections themselves.

We all have different stories bound by one common trend c section. I will support every womens next birth be it vabc or repeat c. But I am sorry hearing from people that they are ok medically but vbac is better just irks me it really does. To me its like the nursing moms posting about how bad formula is under the formula feeding forum you know.

I hope that makes sense

Last edited by 2+2macht4; 12-13-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: grammar and cleaned up thoughts.
2+2macht4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:32 AM   #39
GreysBumatomy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think it's awful how we have to be kept silent BC of others condescending tongues. 1 in four women have Ppd. For me, it's BC the other 3 tore me to shreds about my parenting- c section and ff. It would be nice if we could be supportive of each other and not judgmental

{ sent from Samsung galaxy S 2 using Swype }

Last edited by GreysBumatomy; 12-13-2011 at 05:33 AM.
GreysBumatomy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 05:38 AM   #40
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I hope the mods listen.

I think we all need a safe place to go to. People to identify with.

And I also think there are a lot of moms here who are where I was one year ago and they too need people to reach out to who have been there. TO know they are not alone.

A forum free of shame and on topic. That is what I want to see