Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2011, 10:59 AM   #51
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Is there a support group for c-sections on here?

I was able to shower probably 18 hours later. I could have earlier, but I was a bit dizzy and didn't want to get in the hot water while already dizzy.

Although, I guess technically I don't qualify for the intent of the thread, since I only had one c-section and am not currently pregnant. But, my next pregnancy will most likely also result in a section.

Advertisement

Last edited by hbee; 12-13-2011 at 11:03 AM.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #52
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I am curious how long post csection did you ladies wait to have your next baby.

My doc said 2 years. but did not clarify if she meant between deliveries ie15 months or a full 2 years before conception.

We are moving and I will be looking for a better obgyn, hopefully they will be better at answering my questions.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:39 AM   #53
mom2kaydncolt
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
I understand your points but it did upset me a bit. Though let me start by saying I think you use much more tact then many.

People choose csections for a variety of reasons and not always medical necessity. We all have opinions even those of us who had csections.

For instance me. I strongly feel my c section was a result of too much medical intervention. BUt my brithing experience left me broken. Broken and terrified. And honestly, I do not know if I would choose vbac as I am scared to death and if it came to me choosing a reapeat c section or choosing not to have kids outf of fear and anxiety that that decision be it not medical (though we can argue wether or not anxiety is medical reasoning) is any less a better decision.

I guess I just feel even though you tried really hard that post kind of was a smack in the face. Because not all of use are here just due to medical necessity.

I spend the past year feeling I was lesser or a mom, lesser of a woman. I was even told I was too weak to give birth by ther German midwives.

I just want a place I can go with no judgements. With no opinions. I do not want not want to hear that medically they are great but vaginal birth or vbac is better. Because all that does is make me feel like less of a woman again and makes me ask myself if I even should have more kids if I can not she man my way through it.

I realize it was not your intent. So please do not get me wrong. For a long time I read posts under ttc where posters mention certain things being upsetting or triggers and I guess now I kind of get it. Because I want a place to go with women who are in my shoes, not full of the opinions of what other people who have not experienced c sections thing of us or c sections themselves.

We all have different stories bound by one common trend c section. I will support every womens next birth be it vabc or repeat c. But I am sorry hearing from people that they are ok medically but vbac is better just irks me it really does. To me its like the nursing moms posting about how bad formula is under the formula feeding forum you know.

I hope that makes sense

To the bolded - I have never found such a place, where there are other human beings there will be judgements and at the very least opinions.

I thought that the post you quoted was very nicely said. She can't be responsible for how you or anyone else reacts to her words. That's on the reader.

I agreed with every word she said. Natural, unmedicated birth is by far the best option IMO for a healthy pregnancy and healthy mama. I will continue to share the research I've found that supports such.

But I've had three c-sections. My recoveries with my c-sections were all MUCH easier than recovering from my VBAC. Any future babies we should decide to have would be scheduled c-sections for my own safety and the safety of my baby.

That doesn't make me less of a woman. It doesn't make me less of a mom. It just is what it is. I spend years looking at my first c-section analyzing what I could have done differently. Knowing that if I'd been more educated the chances were good that my first could have been born naturally as I'd intended. But somewhere around the third baby and 2nd c-section I came to realize that how they got here was not a reflection on me. It simply was what it was. No matter how hard I tried to control my births it just isn't something we can have control over. Even with my scheduled c-section she came several days before our scheduled section date. That's just life. It's the nature of pregnancy.

When people say that natural birth is the optimal option it isn't saying that you are bad or less or a failure. It's just a statement of fact not a judgement. The optimal would be a med free, natural childbirth for normal pregnancies. For me though the optimal that is safest for ME is a repeat c-section.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:44 AM   #54
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

I do not think that this was an appropriate place to discuss what one feels is a better option for birth. It was a support thread for people who have or are going to have c sections not a discussion about when one is or is not appropriate.
Old 12-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #55
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
I was able to shower probably 18 hours later. I could have earlier, but I was a bit dizzy and didn't want to get in the hot water while already dizzy.

Although, I guess technically I don't qualify for the intent of the thread, since I only had one c-section and am not currently pregnant. But, my next pregnancy will most likely also result in a section.
HOLLY! This is a thread to support c-section mamas.. mamas who have had.. who will have c-sections.. you more then qualify for the intent of this thread which was to answer questions and be there for support! and answering the shower questions was totally awesome of you!!

Jessica - mama to 3 boys and a girl on the way!

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:51 AM   #56
Juan M
Boo Yah
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Welcome to your new forum!
Juan M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 11:54 AM   #57
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan M View Post
YAY!!! thanks Juan!

Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #58
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenajean1 View Post
I do not think that this was an appropriate place to discuss what one feels is a better option for birth. It was a support thread for people who have or are going to have c sections not a discussion about when one is or is not appropriate.
Yes yes.. exactly.. there is a time and place for everything!!!

Old 12-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #59
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!
Old 12-13-2011, 12:05 PM   #60
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilmeow View Post
HOLLY! This is a thread to support c-section mamas.. mamas who have had.. who will have c-sections.. you more then qualify for the intent of this thread which was to answer questions and be there for support! and answering the shower questions was totally awesome of you!!

Jessica - mama to 3 boys and a girl on the way!
I wasn't complaining or feeling unwelcome. But I think the first post says something about repeats.

Quote:
Sweet!
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote