Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-22-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
reyasunshine
Registered Users
seller

Re: BumGenius Freetime Action Shots...

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Summer* View Post
I forgot to ask....how do you like the Freetime compared to the 4.0?
Well, I guess I like them the same as of now. I mean, I've only used the FT once now. No leaks at all. It did leave bits of red marks on her, and I've never had that with the 4.0, so I think I should have done the leg snaps one snap looser. That's probably my fault and not the diaper.

I think the crotch is more narrow. At least, it looks that way when it's on her. And when I changed her diaper, it looked like if I would have left the poo in there longer (I usually change the second she's done...), it may have leaked out. It was SO close to the edge. BUT... it did hold it all in, so I'm very pleased with that.

BUT... the FT has just one up on the 4.0 in my eyes because i just do *not* like pocket diapers. I don't like stuffing, and I don't like pulling out the insert even more. LOL. Plus, the FT is *soft* on her bum because of the MF. I like that. (I use hemp/bamboo inserts because they're so trim.) I'd really like to add a doubler to the FT and try it for nights. We'll see how that goes.

But if I do end up loving the FT, I'm actually considering selling all my Tots Bots and buying FTs instead. I LOVE my Tots Bots. LOVE them. But they seem to be giving her a rash. I've tried stay-dry liners too, and they're not working. I'm going to give them another month or so to make my final decision. I hope not because the Tots Bots are my favorite, tried and true, go-to diaper.

Advertisement

How about some Sunshine and Wonder ?

Last edited by reyasunshine; 11-22-2011 at 02:06 PM.
reyasunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #22
Caroline162
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sweet, sweet baby! And nice diaper too... actually I just ordered one because of this thread LOL! I wasn't going to get one, because it can't be tumble dried... I'm sure it will get ruined fairly quickly, because DH will end up drying it with the rest of our diapers accidentally. But it'll be cute while it lasts!
Caroline162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #23
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline162
Sweet, sweet baby! And nice diaper too... actually I just ordered one because of this thread LOL! I wasn't going to get one, because it can't be tumble dried... I'm sure it will get ruined fairly quickly, because DH will end up drying it with the rest of our diapers accidentally. But it'll be cute while it lasts!
It can't go in the dryer?
Old 11-22-2011, 03:49 PM   #24
Caroline162
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsalyer View Post
It can't go in the dryer?
Not according to their wash instructions (other BG wash instructions let you tumble dry but these say "line dry")
Old 11-22-2011, 04:04 PM   #25
sdsalyer
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline162

Not according to their wash instructions (other BG wash instructions let you tumble dry but these say "line dry")
Good to know. I may have to pass on these because of that.
Old 11-22-2011, 04:14 PM   #26
*Summer*
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdsalyer View Post
Good to know. I may have to pass on these because of that.
They actually say that for their 4.0's too. I think they just say that to help people extend the life of their elastic.
*Summer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #27
*Summer*
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyasunshine View Post
Well, I guess I like them the same as of now. I mean, I've only used the FT once now. No leaks at all. It did leave bits of red marks on her, and I've never had that with the 4.0, so I think I should have done the leg snaps one snap looser. That's probably my fault and not the diaper.

I think the crotch is more narrow. At least, it looks that way when it's on her. And when I changed her diaper, it looked like if I would have left the poo in there longer (I usually change the second she's done...), it may have leaked out. It was SO close to the edge. BUT... it did hold it all in, so I'm very pleased with that.

BUT... the FT has just one up on the 4.0 in my eyes because i just do *not* like pocket diapers. I don't like stuffing, and I don't like pulling out the insert even more. LOL. Plus, the FT is *soft* on her bum because of the MF. I like that. (I use hemp/bamboo inserts because they're so trim.) I'd really like to add a doubler to the FT and try it for nights. We'll see how that goes.

But if I do end up loving the FT, I'm actually considering selling all my Tots Bots and buying FTs instead. I LOVE my Tots Bots. LOVE them. But they seem to be giving her a rash. I've tried stay-dry liners too, and they're not working. I'm going to give them another month or so to make my final decision. I hope not because the Tots Bots are my favorite, tried and true, go-to diaper.
Thanks for the review. I was trying to decide between the 4.0's and the Freetime for my 6 month old.
*Summer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #28
Caroline162
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Summer* View Post
They actually say that for their 4.0's too. I think they just say that to help people extend the life of their elastic.
Wouldn't they say that for all their diapers then? I have BGEs and they say tumble dry warm... I guess I'll find out soon I'll try hanging my FT up, but like I said, I know with DH it's only a matter of time.
Old 11-22-2011, 05:22 PM   #29
seacat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caroline162 View Post
What?! It can't go in the dryer. Guess what see what happens when it does.
seacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:43 PM   #30
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So you cannot use a hot wash on BG products nor use anything else and these you can't dry? What I up with this company