Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #11
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Hey mamas. Happy belated turkey day, I hope everyone had a great day! We are still in arkansas with family and heading home tomorrow- yay! It's been fun but I am ready to be home. Plus the family who has kept the dog for us has been calling constantly to say he is peeing everywhere. Dallas is potty trained and has been for weeks and we think he is just having a very hard time being out of his elements but DH is WAY stressed out bc of it.

DD is still coughing like crazy but we have decided her symptoms are all teething. Poor girl is having a terrible time . I really need to get some teething tablets asap.

Welllll I am off to bed. It's exhausting trying to entertain three rowdy boys inside someone elses house. Ugh!!

Advertisement

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 10:35 AM   #12
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: thanksgiving and the weekend

Happy belated Turkey Day! We had a huge dinner with a lot of family, so that was fun. DD was completely exhausted. Yesterday, I went to JoAnns and got flannel, among other things. My mom and I also went to Target and I was excited to find the larger SwaddleMe wraps. DS still needs to be wrapped tightly, but he can get out of the bamboo swaddle blankets I have. I did not go shopping until later in the morning, though. I'm not that desperate for good deals. LOL! Today, it's the Civil War, a big deal here in Oregon and tonight we are headed to Zoo Lights.
Have a great day!
Old 11-26-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

taking it easy here today. thanksgiving went well. we made the turkey and mashed potatoes and my parents and wayne's parents brought the rest. it worked out well, although the kids had a meltdown as we were trying to sit down to eat...i think they just woke up too early and were over-excited from grandparents being there.
wayne worked from 9pm thanksgiving day to 6am on black friday. poor guy. then I met him at walmart at 6am and we went over to menards to get some cricut cartridges...on sale for only $13! oh, did I mention I scored a cricut off craigslist for only $100! she had only had it for a month (the box it was shipped in had the date on it) and decided she just wasn't going to use it that much, so may as well sell it to someone who will. so happy I saw it and emailed when I did. and it was in town! most good deals I find on craigslist are in green bay (40 minutes away). so, I'm pretty pumped. new wrap, cricut, a whole bunch of cartridges...I think I am done shopping for me until my next birthday. lol, I never spend so much money, especially on me! so, I guess I better start working on getting wayne a super good christmas present.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

pretty much sums it up today. idk what's going on with me but I feel bipolar today. And the girls were out of control while MIL was setting up xmas stuff. of course they already broke a few things. I really need to get out of here. I think I'm just hypersensitive right now. for real. Plus I'm trying to cut down on the coffee. grrrr. lol ok Maybe I should just go to bed right now.
On a good note almost all the leftovers are gone! All that's left is a ton of mashed potatoes. So I found a recipe to make fried mashed potatoe balls! We'll see how that goes. Dh is smoking some pork butt's tomorrow too.

Glad you ladies are enjoying your family/friend time! I am ready for some recluse time myself.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:32 PM   #15
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Naomi- you are a riot!

AFM: We went to my parents on Thursday morning. DH missed the exit, I didn't realize the mistake until we were 40 minutes from home so we had to go a different "scenic" route & it took a total of 3 hours to get to Mom & Dad's. (normally 1 hr 40 mins tops)

We were there until about 6, got home around 8, did some online Toys R Us shopping (got Luke a trampoline!!) and were OTW to Wal-Mart by 10:15.

We did Wal-Mart, then got in line for Target at 11:20, did Target and went to Toys R Us (one item wasn't available online) around 2:00. By 3:30 we were at my sister's house (in the neighborhood we were shopping in).

We ate a snack, got a drink, regrouped our lists, and nursed Vinnie (who had slept through the last 5 hours of shopping!)

Then we headed out to Sam's club at 10 minutes to 4.

I stood outside of Sams from 4:40-5, got the Blu Rays I wanted for $10 each! and we were on the way to K-Mart by 5:15.

We were there a LOOOOONG time but also got a lot! (4 Laugh & Learn Toys for the price of 2!!)

Then we headed to Lowe's so Mom could get a couple gifts. It was like 6:30 by then.

I nursed Vinnie while she shopped.

Then we drove home.

Mom went with my DH to JoAnn's, while I unloaded the van, nursed both boys, cleaned up the house, changed clothes, brushed my hair, and regrouped my lists.

Then Mom & I headed back out to Virginia Beach (30 mins away). We went to JoAnn's, Five Below, Michael's, and Ollies.

After Ollies, we were pooped. It was about 1:45 and we just couldn't go any further.

We decided what we had was enough, everybody had SOMETHING and anything we would have gotten at CVS, Rite Aid, A.C. Moore, or D.ick's Sporting Goods would have been extras, plus, it was HOURS past all of those stores deal-busters so they'd probably be sold out anyway.

We drove home. It was a HARD drive. I'd been awake since 5 am on Thursday it was 2:00 pm on Friday. I was chugging soda, singing along to my cds, slapping my cheeks, and tried chatting on the phone. I kept "blinking" for just too many seconds.

We managed to make it home. I gave DH Vinnie and crawled in bed with Luke. He nursed but didn't fall asleep...I was out within minutes & never even knew he got up. :/

DH let me sleep for a few hours but woke me around 5:30 to help him get some dinner made.

I made home-made pizza & then we got the boys ready for bed around 9.

I'm still tired, but the house is clean and we will be going to church tomorrow.

I LOVE Black Friday. I start saving money for it in August. I start planning what I'm going to buy as soon as the ads leak online.

Hopefully next year I won't have any kiddos with me!

(Vinnie slowed me down!)

I did manage to get gifts for EVERYONE on our list though!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:33 PM   #16
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

super shopping steph! my aunts did the all night shopping thing too. i think I would have fun going, but just don't quite have the energy to battle the crowds.

vanessa! do you guys have any time-frame in mind for being able to get into your home? it is hard living somewhere else and having no where to go.

afm - got a bit of organizing done in the craft room...after getting all that crafty stuff I better get my rear in gear and make some room for some crafting!!!
I think we got the kids gifts all set. there are a few things I would like to make them (blanket for elijah, carseat cover for kezia, and some dress up fun things for sydney and elijah), but if I run out of time, it is ok cuz of the other gifts. I also want to make my friend a simple quilt/throw and some greeting cards for christmas...so I really need to get the craft stuff cleaned up.

I can do this!!!!

well, off to bed for now
Old 11-26-2011, 09:18 PM   #17
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

steph- no way I'd keep up- but I'd prolly end up in jail b/c I'm not very good w crowds anymore. nice to knock it all out like that though.

Naomi- Yay for getting the room cleaned up, now get to crafting lady!!! lol I can't wait to get my craft room set up.
Hoping to be in before xmas. hoping... it's getting soo close.

sigh- did you see the 2012 ddc post?? it's really happening.

Evan is sleeping- think I'll follow--
Old 11-26-2011, 09:40 PM   #18
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
Naomi- Yay for getting the room cleaned up, now get to crafting lady!!! lol I can't wait to get my craft room set up.
Hoping to be in before xmas. hoping... it's getting soo close.

sigh- did you see the 2012 ddc post?? it's really happening.

Evan is sleeping- think I'll follow--
being in by christmas would be nice...hope it works out for you! if I were closer I'd come and help paint or whatnot.

yeah, I saw the 2012 ddc post too. dun-dun-dun-duuuun, this-is-the-eeeend. we'll soon be off to the 2011 duedate forum. it feels odd.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #19
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cooking today... hopefully Seni agrees and lets me get everything together before everyone gets here!
Old 11-27-2011, 07:20 AM   #20
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Morning! Feeling better this am, so far. lol Dh is making stuffed french toast, Evan is still sleeping too! He came to bed to nurse sometime after 4am. We are going to the house to paint and work on odds and ends.

Question for you ladies- My nipples have started to hurt while nursing. No color change, and no signs of thrush in his mouth. Any ideas why all of a sudden they are hurting?