Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2011, 01:20 PM   #21
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: thanksgiving and the weekend

So against my better judgement I went to dave's families get together thing yesterday..

And yes. I shouldn't of. He was ina huffy about me not wanting to go.. I heard one of his sisters weren't going to be there, and figured there was no way in hades would they get his other one away from the couch, so I figured it was safe.. it would be his 23year old niece, his mom and a couple of her friends.. I could deal with that... even though his mom was going to play kissy face with my kids because her boyfriend would most likely be there and she's gotta act like she cares in the least bit. lol

But.. I was wrong.

My SIL did show up afterall.. and my kids haven't seen her in 3 or so years. (jake was like 3 months old) and what did she do?? walked in the door, barely said hi to Miranda before she PULLED HER OFF THE COUCH SCREAMING ANDSAT ON HER SO SHE COULDN'T GET AWAY!!!!

I seriously freaked out! I had the baby in my lap, I was telling her to get off her, she wasn't moving, thinking it was funny, miranda was crying and screaming for me! Dave told her to get off, but didn't get up and do anything about it. Finally her husband told her to get off her and she did.. this isa 40 year old woman here.. not like she's 15 or something. I ended up having to take miranda outside so she could calm down.. I just wanted to leave. Miranda didn't want to go back in. My child has SEVERE stranger Anixety, and I'm surprised she didn't hit and bite her way out of that situation... I wish she would of.

After all that she tried to go after jake!!! Seriously! GET AWAY FROM MY KIDS!!

Jake saw what happened to miranda and he tried to hit her in the face when she came up to him telling her to go away.. lol Thankfully levi could careless, and for some reason if she's holding a BABY that starts cryings she hands them back instantly.. but if my 7 year old is under you screaming for her mother with tears steaming down her face, you won't get up. UGH.

By the end of the night, all was well, and they had become friends.. But I never did hear a "sorry for holding you down or sorry for not letting you up, I thought we were playing" or anything. I wish she would of just approached her better in the beginning. It was uncalled for. Explaining anxiety issues to her is like talking to a brick wall. she just doesn't care.

I gave dave a look while we were there and I think he knows we won't be going back for any holiday get togethers. We talked on the way home about how pissed off I was that she did that.

Grr.. still pissed off. lol

what a freaking diaster it was.. then the food was gross on top of it. lol

By the end of the night

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #22
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Wow Jennifer. Me & the kids would have left. That is just absurd.

(We actually HAVE left family gatherings like that. Once we left DH behind & he had to find his own way home. Now he knows if I say I'm leaving he better get his arse in the car.)

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:59 PM   #23
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh lordy!! so glad I don't have il's like that!

So happy!!! We painted the upstairs landing and the duys got the tack strips and padding done for 2 bdrms! carpet is roughed in but not stretched yet. All that's left upstairs is that and baseboard, door trim and doors. (but we are moving in before the doors will be done.) We changed our mind on carpeting the stairs,so just going to sand them and paint them for now. Still need to add railing too.

Ok I got home tonight and it looked like Santa barfed all over my MIL's house!! LOL seriously- the tree is decorated, and every flat surface has a nativity scene or xmas thing on it. Plus there's more in storage. omg. We just gave her our tree since hers is so old. We won't have one this year anyways. Plus I want a real tree from now on.

so are you all nursing pn both sides each session? how many oz of formula for ffb's? I make 6 oz bottles for Evan when I'm gone.
Old 11-27-2011, 07:22 PM   #24
heyuitsme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andbabymakes2 View Post
oh lordy!! so glad I don't have il's like that!

So happy!!! We painted the upstairs landing and the duys got the tack strips and padding done for 2 bdrms! carpet is roughed in but not stretched yet. All that's left upstairs is that and baseboard, door trim and doors. (but we are moving in before the doors will be done.) We changed our mind on carpeting the stairs,so just going to sand them and paint them for now. Still need to add railing too.

Ok I got home tonight and it looked like Santa barfed all over my MIL's house!! LOL seriously- the tree is decorated, and every flat surface has a nativity scene or xmas thing on it. Plus there's more in storage. omg. We just gave her our tree since hers is so old. We won't have one this year anyways. Plus I want a real tree from now on.

so are you all nursing pn both sides each session? how many oz of formula for ffb's? I make 6 oz bottles for Evan when I'm gone.
bwahahahaha, that is the most hilarious description ever. soooo gonna steal that. lol

I was able to get kezia nurse on both sides from the beginning and she fed about every 3 hours and would go a long stretch at night. I was always concerned about being lopsided that I never tried one side at a time. now with formula, it is 6 oz every 4ish hours.
heyuitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:29 PM   #25
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Vinnie only nurses on one side each session.

He was consistently sleeping 6 hours a night, nursing, and then sleeping another 4 hours for about 2 weeks.

Last night he slept 9 hours in a row, nursed & slept until 7:30!!

I am nursing my 2 year old too though.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 07:41 PM   #26
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

This baby doesn't nurse well on my left side but she tries. She nurses on both sides about half the time. We don't have a schedule, I just follow her cues.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:23 PM   #27
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, we aren't on a schedule either, but I've noticed that he's still hungry after one boob so I've started giving him the other one in the same sitting. I don't remember how soon this started with my other two. I just ordered more breastfeeding tea so maybe that'll help increase my supply. I seem to be low on the right side anyways.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:59 PM   #28
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Soooo sad to see the 2012 DDC. I have enjoyed our little group so very much.
Anyway, I am so very tired of the sick toddler. First, it was stomach flu last Monday, not it's an upper resp something. We spent three hours in the ER on Saturday because her temp shot up to 103 in two hours. Sigh.....we need to be well. Now.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:11 AM   #29
sugar_crystalz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My gosh, Jennifer- that is CRAZY!

Jacky, hope Kenzie is better soon!

I usually feed on just one unless she's crabby and won't fall asleep on the first one. I favor one more during the day and the other more at night so I think it evens out.
Old 11-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #30
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I feed Ranger on one side per session too. He'll eat every 1.5-3 hrs depending on if he's sleeping or not. He goes anywhere from 7-11 hrs at night.
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote