Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #1
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
OPK as HPT! Was freaking out, but now done. LOL. *Update post #25*

ETA - Done freaking out...I guess I should have skipped it. A line is not a line with an OPK. I'm not discouraged at all. It is still way too early and I knew that when I took it, which was why I didn't want to waste a HPT. I found the info here: http://www.peeonastick.com/opkhpt.html

I am totally freaking out right now!!!!! I'm just about in tears! When you take a OPK as a HPT, is a line still a line???? I'm only 3 days out from my transfer which would make me about 8dpo. I've had lots of positive tests because I have 5 kids through IVF with 2 sets of twins. But, this is the first time I have ever used an OPK as a HPT. I've never even seen an OPK without two lines because I've never taken them when I didn't already know I was ovulating. I got an obvious line within about 2 minutes of taking it, maybe sooner, I wasn't timing it. I didn't want to take my only HPT this early, but I had to pee on something. Is this real?? I can't imagine it is so early on. Oh, I why did I have to break down and do this. Now, I'm going to be on a the roller coaster ride already! I was totally expecting negative. Help!! The line isn't as obvious in the photo as I would like, but it is DEFINITELY there and not even a squinter. Here is the pic....

Advertisement

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 12-05-2011 at 12:31 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
jodyrm
Registered Users
seller

For an OPK to be positive, the test line has to be as dark or darker than the control line. Sorry mama!
jodyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #3
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: OPK as HPT!!!!! Help! I just had IVF transfer. I'M FREAKING OUT!!

Hmmmm... I see the line, but I don't know what the rule of thumb is when using the OPK as an HPT. I know when looking for O the line needs to be just as dark or darker, but not sure with using it to detect pregnancy! I would go out and get a regular HPT and post pics ASAP!!

Good luck momma!

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, I just read that. Don't be sorry. I'm really fine with it not being positive. I was really freaking out because it is way too early and I know the roller coaster ride that starts as soon as you POAS. Thanks for telling me!

I'm going to wait to go out and get more HPT's and I'm not going to use my one just yet.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 11-26-2011 at 10:01 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #5
jes750
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With my second ds I had a ton of opks left after I found out I was pregnant with him. So I decided to see when they'd turn pos while pregnant. The opks didn't go positive (both lines equal in color) until I was over 7 weeks along. So don't be discouraged because its not bfp.
Old 11-26-2011, 08:23 AM   #6
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. I'm not discouraged at all. It is still very early, too early for a BFP since my embryos should have only started to happen yesterday at the earliest. LOL.
Old 11-26-2011, 09:21 AM   #7
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: OPK as HPT! Was freaking out, but now done. LOL.

so when are you using your one test? tomorrow? just wondering when to check back lol!
Old 11-26-2011, 09:52 AM   #8
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tina, you are funny! Thanks for checking on me on the other thread. Sorry I never responded. I meant to.

I'm not sure. I *might* do it today because my BFF is coming over and it is always fun to take HPT with friends. But, don't worry, I will get more. I'll probably get more later today. One is just not nearly enough for a POAS crazy IF woman like me. *insert evil laugh here*

I am reasonably expecting to be able to see a squinter on Monday, but it still might be early. Tues, if I don't at least have a squinter, I'll be starting to lose hope because I've had a strong line by then with all the others.
Old 11-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #9
justjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Totally gonna have some staplers waiting to squint!lol
Jessica wife to my sexy soldier SAHM to THE BOSS(9) THE SCIENTIST(8) THE CLOWN(5) THE CRAZY(3) and MISSY MOO(1) and #6 arriving summer 2013!!!
find me on FBmy ISO/IHA
justjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:26 PM   #10
Lanasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

OMG Heather! I know this is early but I will be thinking, praying and stalking you for the next few days! How exciting!