Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-26-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lanolin and woolies.. the diff kinds QUESTION (teach me!)

Ive only used the lanolin that you get to use on your breasts and then i was given a jar that my friend got from someone that makes woolies on here... Ive for the longest time used the kind for your breasts and had no issues with compression leaks and really was happy with it.. THEN i ran out and went to the wool lanolin and ive done 2 pair with it and they leeeeak.. like ds starts to yell at me thats how bad they leak.. I feel super wetness right when he pees... i didnt do anything different i actually used a little more when i did lanolize then i normally do because it came out in a bigger glob and want hard to get out bc it was in a jar not tube (those tubes are tuff lol) Now im wondering if i just go buy a tube of lanolin OR tell me do i need more if its "lanolin for woolies" ALSO my biggest reason for posting is ive seen mamas use a spray.. is that better then doing a wash and putting lanolin in the water? I want to wait to buy the tube if someone thinks the spray will help me out more.. what to do what to do?

Jessica

Advertisement

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 03:48 PM   #2
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I only use lanisoh too and love it but I have heard they recently changed the formula and now isn't that good for lanolizing. I have heard good things about ewe need it but haven't personally used it. We do have the spray but I have never used it without lanolizing first, only as a booster in between.
Old 11-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #3
noranuks
Registered Users

Re: Lanolin and woolies.. the diff kinds QUESTION (teach me!)

I have a spray that I use between washes. I wonder if the jar you got was a wool wash with lanolin in it? So maybe you need more? I started out using plain old Lansinoh and baby shampoo and it worked great. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

** Soakers, wool changing pads, legging style longies, holiday longies and NEW cargo style longies! Use coupon code dsmama for free shipping!! Happy Holidays!
noranuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:46 PM   #4
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Are you using wool wash to lanolize? Because wool wash does not contain enough lanolin on it's own to truly 'lanolize,' it's just for washing. Lanolizing means using actual lanolin that you get in a tub or a tube and it's a separate step from washing. I use the kind in a tub, I got it from the health food store. I have heard of liquid lanolin (which is not the same as wool wash) and it's supposed to be easy to use since it's pre-melted. I haven't used it, but I find it easy to just melt the lanolin in hot water with a little wool wash, like Eucalan.

I had some wool that was leaking and I found that I needed to use more lanolin. I use about a large teaspoon per pair of longies. I recommend going on youtube and look up "washing wool diaper covers" and lots of good videos will come up, then you'll have a visual.

I also have some spray lanolin that I use between washings just to keep things in tip top shape but again, you do have to lanolize periodically, I do it about once or twice a month.

Last edited by hibiscus869; 11-27-2011 at 02:59 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Catbutt Diapers
Registered Users
seller

I got the Naturally luxe 50% lanolin wool wash. When i wash - can I just put some more lanolin in the wool wash and do both steps in one?
Old 11-26-2011, 07:08 PM   #6
hibiscus869
Registered Users

Yeah I'd try that. You might as well and see if it works, safe yourself some time.

Last edited by hibiscus869; 11-26-2011 at 07:09 PM.
hibiscus869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #7
Lilmeow
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The wool i have in a tub isnt wash.. I havnt ventured towards wool wash yet although im thinking that i need to now that ds actually gets his woolies dirty from playing and what not...

A PP said a teaspoon that so much! maybe ill try using a bit more then i normally use! his woolies aaaare a bit bigger then they were before.. .ive always used about a dime size amount.. and that sux that they changed the formula of the lanolish or however its spelt.. the stuff ive been using is stuff ive had since 09 when ds was born.. now that that stuff is gone tho ive been using lanolin for woolies "" im assuming the mama that sells it makes it bc her name is on there...

so spray is just for in between? I find myself lanolizing every single time i wash bc i tend to rinse alot bc they seam so dirty... and im sure im making the lanolin come out

thanks girls for your replies..!! i totally appreciate it! I sound like a wool newbie LOL

Get Free Twitter Followers
Lilmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like the CJ's wool wash. It washes and lanolizes in one step, easy peasy!
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #9
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I'll have to compare my lanolin. I have old and new Lansinoh...

~~~~~~~
Don't worry, it's autocorrect, I know how to type in English. ;p

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #10
Zepp
DS Addict
Formerly: K*B*T*M*
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like cjs wool wash too, but you can use a spray to lanolize and crow mountain crafts makes a bar.