Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-27-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Weekly Chat November 28th - December 4th

Good morning, ladies!

I just ordered "The 90-Minute Baby Sleep Program: Follow Your Child's Natural Sleep Rhythms for Better Nights and Naps" and "The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night." I'm going crazy and figure it can't hurt, right?

Hehe, I told DH that I was getting more and more tempted to try the age old whiskey nipple remedy! (Kidding, of course.)

ETA - I'm not expecting Ivy to sleep through the night yet, but read that it had newborn sleeping advice too. Anyway, right now, sleeping at night would be a huge bonus.

Advertisement

Last edited by hbee; 11-27-2011 at 10:55 PM.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:07 AM   #2
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat November 28th - December 4th

sleeping at night is a good thing. Anyone want to tell Emery that? she thinks it is playtime right now... LOL
Old 11-28-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I feel so spoiled right now. Eva goes down around 9:30-10:30 and sleeps till 4:00-5:30, nurses and back to sleep till 8:00. It's seriously nothing I've done, it's just her routine. *knock on wood* My other 6 didn't sleep through the night till they were much older. (2-3 years old). My others also didn't tolerate NOT sleeping next to me. She sleeps in her playpen next to our bed all swaddled up and left alone. I, personally would much prefer to have her sleep next to me, in our bed, in my arms, but she doesn't sleep well. This is really new territory for me.

Hang in there Holly. Remember to try and nap when she naps (Lol.. Like I ever took that advice with my others) I know it's not easy. I have the "No-Cry Sleep Solution". Didn't work for us or I just didn't have the patience to follow through with it. I was a grumpy, irate Zombie for a very long time! No one said It would be easy, only that it would be worth it.

Taking Katie in to the dentist today to have 3 cavities filled. The enamel on her teeth is horrid! When she was 18 months she had her first sedation. She's now almost 3 years. (18 months later) with 3 more cavities. Thankfully, she did really well last Wednesday with our regular dentist, so she will only be partially sedated. I get to give her the meds at 9:00 MST for our 9:30 appointment. Wish us luck. Going to be putting a diaper on her as she may loose her bladder control. She won't be happy about that at all!

Off to start the day!
Old 11-28-2011, 08:46 AM   #4
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Finley sleeps like a champ; her mother, on the other hand, never learns and stays up way too late most nights anyway.

We finally got our birth announcements made, now I just need the motivation to get them sent out. We didn't get Mally's out until he was 3 months old, oops.

I'm having a hard time not going crazy buying baby stuff with all the sales on now. I keep telling myself we don't need more diapers, we don't need more clothes, we don't need more toys... we don't need more diapers, we don't need more clothes, we don't need more toys... we don't need more diapers, we don't need more clothes, we don't need more toys...
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #5
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

E's sleep routine - Sleep from sometime between 8 and 10 for 4-5 hours, wake, eat, go back to sleep for 2.5-3 hours, wake eat, sleep again. All those sleep sessions WERE on me on the couch, but the last 2 nights the first 2 took place in her bassinet in our room. After the second feeding, however, she won't go down in her crib, so I bring her into bed with me.

Black Friday - I mostly managed to avoid most of the sales and stuff. I got a couple of things I would have bought anyway (or made, but it was cheaper to buy since they were priced well and I would of had to get supplies)... I did get the big kids each a pair of Crocs (something I said I would never do, but I really need my 2 yo to be able to put his own shoes on, and his tennis shoes are just too difficult to get on) and DH and XBOX 360 (another thing I said I would never do... but I couldn't pass it up for $99 since he has told me repeatedly how much he wants one). Haven't decided if the crocs will go under the tree or not. Other than that the kids (all 3) were already done, so I didn't need to shop on BF.

The big kids and I are making salt dough ornaments today. Made the dough already. I have white, blue, red and green (and my hands are colored accordingly...) I made a big batch and split it into 4, then added Wilton's gel colors and kneaded it in

Last edited by z1ggy23; 11-28-2011 at 09:30 AM.
z1ggy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 12:03 PM   #6
Octmom2009
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpure8 View Post
I feel so spoiled right now. Eva goes down around 9:30-10:30 and sleeps till 4:00-5:30, nurses and back to sleep till 8:00. It's seriously nothing I've done, it's just her routine. *knock on wood*
Lorelei has a similar schedule as well! I feel very lucky however, I'm sure at some point it will change. The only difference for us is that she sleeps in bed with us. She'll sleep on her own but since she also sleeps great with us, I choose to enjoy it while it lasts I can't pay my 2 year old to sleep in our bed and she slept with us until 18 months!
Octmom2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #7
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ivy had her two month appointment and vaccinations this morning and is now screaming bloody murder.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #8
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
Ivy had her two month appointment and vaccinations this morning and is now screaming bloody murder.
sorry. Mine always sleep the rest of the day after shots...
Old 11-28-2011, 01:41 PM   #9
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
DS always screamed for days after his. Still does, actually. Good luck.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #10
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by z1ggy23 View Post
sorry. Mine always sleep the rest of the day after shots...
Do they eat less too? When she isn't screaming she's sleeping and I'm having trouble convincing her to eat much.