Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #11
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat November 28th - December 4th

Sorry some of your little ones are having trouble sleeping. Dualinn was waking every two hours at night until we started probiotics and now he sleeps 5-6 hours at night. It may be worth a try.

I had the worst trip to Costco this morning. I was wearing Dualinn and Ciara (my just turned 4 year old) was acting crazy and climbing all over the cart. The cart rolled over her finger and it got really badly smashed. Blood was everywhere and the nail fell off. I was holding her finger together and rushing to the front of the store when Ruarai (my 7 year old) turned white as a sheet and fainted! I had somewhat limited mobility due to wearing the baby. My only break was that Dualinn was asleep the whole time and so I didn't have to deal with a sleeping baby on top of it all. The worker who got us some paper towels and band aids said sympathetically "The things we deal with as mothers"...no kidding!

Advertisement

Old 11-28-2011, 06:55 PM   #12
z1ggy23
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
Do they eat less too? When she isn't screaming she's sleeping and I'm having trouble convincing her to eat much.
E is a sleepy eater anyway, so I don't know that I would notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambersrose View Post
Sorry some of your little ones are having trouble sleeping. Dualinn was waking every two hours at night until we started probiotics and now he sleeps 5-6 hours at night. It may be worth a try.

I had the worst trip to Costco this morning. I was wearing Dualinn and Ciara (my just turned 4 year old) was acting crazy and climbing all over the cart. The cart rolled over her finger and it got really badly smashed. Blood was everywhere and the nail fell off. I was holding her finger together and rushing to the front of the store when Ruarai (my 7 year old) turned white as a sheet and fainted! I had somewhat limited mobility due to wearing the baby. My only break was that Dualinn was asleep the whole time and so I didn't have to deal with a sleeping baby on top of it all. The worker who got us some paper towels and band aids said sympathetically "The things we deal with as mothers"...no kidding!
*hugs*
Old 11-28-2011, 07:34 PM   #13
BrandNewMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Oh man!

AFM: I think Z has hit a growth spurt. He has either been catnapping (5-20 minutes) or perpetually attached to my boob. The last 2 nights he has been up every 1-2 hours and nurses for 30-45 minutes. He wasn't even that bad fresh out of the womb! Let's just say I was lucky to get a 5 minute shower after DH got home from work this evening! Feeling a little loopy from the distinct lack of sleep...
BrandNewMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:49 AM   #14
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Phew, much better today!
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 AM   #15
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Good morning, ladies!

I just ordered "The 90-Minute Baby Sleep Program: Follow Your Child's Natural Sleep Rhythms for Better Nights and Naps" and "The No-Cry Sleep Solution: Gentle Ways to Help Your Baby Sleep Through the Night." I'm going crazy and figure it can't hurt, right?

Hehe, I told DH that I was getting more and more tempted to try the age old whiskey nipple remedy! (Kidding, of course.)

ETA - I'm not expecting Ivy to sleep through the night yet, but read that it had newborn sleeping advice too. Anyway, right now, sleeping at night would be a huge bonus.
not to scare you - Emma was the WORLD'S WORST sleeper...and she still is there were some days I wanted to just put her outside with the dogs ...(I never did).

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpure8 View Post
I feel so spoiled right now. Eva goes down around 9:30-10:30 and sleeps till 4:00-5:30, nurses and back to sleep till 8:00. It's seriously nothing I've done, it's just her routine. *knock on wood* My other 6 didn't sleep through the night till they were much older. (2-3 years old). My others also didn't tolerate NOT sleeping next to me. She sleeps in her playpen next to our bed all swaddled up and left alone. I, personally would much prefer to have her sleep next to me, in our bed, in my arms, but she doesn't sleep well. This is really new territory for me.
Joslyn has the same schedule...of course I can't keep her sleeping until 8 - we have to all get up for school - but on the weekends it is nice to keep her sleeping.

Quote:

Oh MY!! That is the kind of stuff that happens ONLY in public

Quote:
Phew, much better today!
YAY!

And I am sooo excited to tell y'all DH made his first sell yesterday - we are starting a new business and he had a call from this company in Houston wanting to place an order - he went and met with them yesterday and they bought 4!!! and are thinking they will need 2 more...YAY!! I am so proud of him and so excited that this business might actually WORK!! (BTW profit on them is around $5000 - hence why just selling 4 is AMAZING!!!)

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here

Last edited by ohgirlohboyohno; 11-29-2011 at 08:59 AM.
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:45 PM   #16
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
What a nightmare! Hope her finger is doing OK now.

How do you pronounce your DS's name?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandNewMama View Post

AFM: I think Z has hit a growth spurt. He has either been catnapping (5-20 minutes) or perpetually attached to my boob. The last 2 nights he has been up every 1-2 hours and nurses for 30-45 minutes. He wasn't even that bad fresh out of the womb! Let's just say I was lucky to get a 5 minute shower after DH got home from work this evening! Feeling a little loopy from the distinct lack of sleep...
I remember feeling that way when DS hit his first big growth spurt - it's enough to wear a mama out, to say the least. Hope you're able to get more sleep soon!

Quote:
Phew, much better today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohgirlohboyohno View Post

And I am sooo excited to tell y'all DH made his first sell yesterday - we are starting a new business and he had a call from this company in Houston wanting to place an order - he went and met with them yesterday and they bought 4!!! and are thinking they will need 2 more...YAY!! I am so proud of him and so excited that this business might actually WORK!! (BTW profit on them is around $5000 - hence why just selling 4 is AMAZING!!!)
That's wonderful! Nice timing with Christmas right around the corner, too! What does your DH make/sell?
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #17
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

Kylee - yeah we were excited - except we need to put that $$ back into the business to cover the expenses we have already put out - but it is fun to think about...it is a water filter thing that can take regular creek/tank/pond water and make it drinkable - can be used for job sites or for emergency situations or for rural relief situations...all you need is a water source and power. These 4 are going to a rig site in Nigeria

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:53 PM   #18
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was going through facebook pics... This is my favorite wedding photo!

hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:22 PM   #19
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchMama2010 View Post
What a nightmare! Hope her finger is doing OK now.

How do you pronounce your DS's name?
His name is pronounced Doo-lin
Old 11-29-2011, 05:43 PM   #20
moonpuppyswifey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry for those whose little ones are having a hard time sleeping, Dd was a horrible sleeper so I feel your pain Landon is finally starting to get night time sleeping figured out, he usually goes to sleep (swaddled) between 9 & 10, sleeps 3-5 hours, wakes up, eats, sleeps another 3, eats, then 2or sometimes 3. He's a restless sleeper though so he often doesn't get to sleep right away or will wake up and grunt and ill wake up to rock his cradle next to the bed until hes quiet again. Sometimes hr ends up being up for an hour each feed trying to settle back down.

Holly- glad to hear Ivy is feeling better after her vaccines!

Amberrose- OMG what a nightmare! Hope your Dd's finger heals quickly

Lanicia- congrats! That's awesome!

Brandnewmama- hope your Z finishes the growth spurt soon so you can get some rest

As far as the sales go I indulged a bit but got most of my Christmas shopping done! For Landon I ordered a couple haba toys, wooden teething keys, boon silverware for when we start solids, some babys first Christmas ornaments, and wooden stacking toys. Also some clothes from carters, 3 new grovia covers, and an Ikea high chair (for which I plan to sew a wipeable pad/ cover for.