Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2011, 05:53 PM   #21
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weekly Chat November 28th - December 4th

Do you guys have you kiddos on a bedtime routine? If so, how? Ivy doesn't eat at specific times, just whenever she's hungry. I was tracking it for a week or so a little while ago and there didn't seem to be a method to her madness. So, I'm never sure when the last feed of the night will be... and I'm not sure how to establish a routine either.

Advertisement

hbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #22
ambersrose
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
Do you guys have you kiddos on a bedtime routine? If so, how? Ivy doesn't eat at specific times, just whenever she's hungry. I was tracking it for a week or so a little while ago and there didn't seem to be a method to her madness. So, I'm never sure when the last feed of the night will be... and I'm not sure how to establish a routine either.
Dulainn goes down for bed between 7:30-8:30. We do a bath, I get him dressed in pj's and then I nurse him with the lights dimmed. Some nights he goes down right away other nights he snuggles a while before falling asleep.
Old 11-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #23
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Ivy has been pretty consistently pooping every 24-30 hours, and since she's started wearing cloth I've managed to avoid poop in my cds... until now. Last night around midnight she pooped and just now! DH hasn't been able to get the sprayer hooked up yet so I had to dunk and flush. Ick!

Last edited by hbee; 11-30-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #24
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Like, she only poops once every 24-30 hours? That's so awesome, Rebel is still doing the wonderful poop every time he eats & usually once in between kinda thing...I don't think I have a single cd that hasn't been pooped in lol

Reb doesn't really have much of a sleep schedule...he tends to snooze a good chunk of the morning/early afternoon, scream from about 4pm to 8pm, be awake but chill from 8pm until around 11pm, then somewhere between 11pm and 1am he'll nurse to sleep, wakes up around 4am to eat, then around 6am...sometimes he'll go back to sleep right away after his 6am feed and only wake up to eat until early afternoon, other times he's wide awake until about 9am then finally zonks out until early afternoon.

Trying to figure out Christmas for the kids now...usually DH gets a Christmas bonus around the middle of December, but they've been unreasonably slow this last month (too warm for the deer to be running as much, so not as many auto body jobs coming in). He gets his paychecks on Tuesdays and they're for the current week...so he kinda gets paid ahead of time for the rest of the week...last week he only got a half paycheck but had to be there full-time because he's the only guy who can do estimates, so obviously they won't be getting any jobs in if he's not there. This week he had to get half his check yesterday and can get the rest on Thursday. With money being this tight at the shop, I don't know if there's going to be a bonus at all...and so much stuff came up when Reb got here that we don't really have anything set back to cover gifts I mean, I know our family will go overboard on the kids as usual, so its not like they aren't getting anything...but it kinda sucks when every member of your family is spending $100+ on your kids for Christmas & getting them tons of stuff (even though we ask them not to, because the kids don't need a ton of toys, etc), and then we can barely manage to get them 2-3 things each and they aren't even really the things they were wanting/asking for...family members pretty much "stole" all those things away from us to give them...so the kids are getting everything they want, just not from us. I don't know, it just bothers me in general. Its not a bad thing that they're only getting 2-3 things from us because Lord knows we'll need the extra space from the stuff they'll get from everyone else, I just don't want to hear (and I know I will from 5yo DS) "but why don't we get a lot of stuff from you?" or "why aren't there a lot of things under our tree?" I've tried explaining it to him, but you can only do so much to make a 5yo and a 3yo understand, especially when all he hears about at school is Santa and how Santa will bring you anything you want
Old 11-30-2011, 02:12 PM   #25
Logans Mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tristan was 2 months on Monday and weighed 12 pounds 5oz, he got a few shots and slept forever- from about 3pm until 8am the next morning, only waking to eat and get a diaper change a few times in there. Poor guy. I hate doing shots, but glad he didnt have a bad reaction, just sleepy.

Tristan is a sleepier baby than my other kids were, or maybe I just dont remember them sleeping so much. I asked the doctor and she isnt worried since he is gaining weight just fine and when he is awake he is alert and happy. I guess he is just trying to be easy going baby #3, which is very much appreciated

I am stuck in my shopping for my kids. My 4 year old has a few things and I finally ordered 2 things for dd. I have no idea what to get Tristan, not that he'll know or understand, but I still want him to have a few things.

Logans Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:15 PM   #26
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

I am a HORRIBLE shopper for the kids - I get them so much during the year (at amazing deals) that when it comes to an actual "gift" I never know what to get. And really have a hard time making lists for the grandparents.

I still need to figure something out for the middle littles ...the baby gets some sleepers and random baby stuff - oldest is getting electronic stuff ... DH (I never know what to get him)

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #27
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Part of what I'm supposed to do is track how long Ivy sleeps. This is hard, because it takes her half an hour or so to wake up. She'll be tossing and turning (as much as a two month old can) for quite a while before she wakes up. Would you say she wakes up when she starts? I don't want to do that, because I started waiting and sometimes she goes back to sleep. So, would you count when her eyes open maybe?
Old 12-01-2011, 11:16 AM   #28
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'd wait until she's fully awake and alert before saying she's not technically sleeping. My oldest is one of the most active sleeping children I have ever seen...this kid used to literally be laying on his back with his legs in the air "running"...and he'd stay asleep during it all. Probably not the best quality of sleep, but still technically sleeping.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:20 AM   #29
moonpuppyswifey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our nighttime routine (will probably change a few times I'm sure but for now) is he usually naps until sometime between 6 & 8, then he's up for at least an hour or two, we give him a bath, he gets a lotion massage, CJ's on the bottom before diaper, baby vapor rub on the chest/ back/ feet and some saline nasal spray (for his cold that he recently got over, we've just kind of continued it and it really does help him at night, he's kind of a snorty baby lol), then swaddle (usually only at nighttime) and he falls asleep nursing between 8:45 and 10:00 pm.
Old 12-01-2011, 11:48 AM   #30
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpuppyswifey View Post
Our nighttime routine (will probably change a few times I'm sure but for now) is he usually naps until sometime between 6 & 8, then he's up for at least an hour or two, we give him a bath, he gets a lotion massage, CJ's on the bottom before diaper, baby vapor rub on the chest/ back/ feet and some saline nasal spray (for his cold that he recently got over, we've just kind of continued it and it really does help him at night, he's kind of a snorty baby lol), then swaddle (usually only at nighttime) and he falls asleep nursing between 8:45 and 10:00 pm.
Ivy snorts all the time!