Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #21
oldandnew
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: TTC 30+ Nov. 27-Dec. 3

O is expected tomorrow, here's hoping I see the temp dip and CM with it...on to our 2+WW.

Question for you all who have crazy irregular cycles. What methods do you use to figure out O timing?
I chart temps & CM...something always seems to be screwy with temps each month (got sick, out of town forgetting to take it all or on time) but CM is easy to keep up with. I use the Ovuwatch, which I pretty much rely on as the true predictor because my fertility tracker (ovuview) doesn't seem to predict correctly due to cycle variations (Starting July: 32 days, then 37d, 36d and this is one predicted to be 33d based on the watch signals) - He*L it even said "can't compute" basically! My LP went from 17d (first month off pill) to 21d to 11d so I have no idea what to expect this cycle.
I have been on the pill except for when pregnant (got a surprise BFP with DS first month off) so I guess my body is still learning but I was really hoping for being normal! LOL

I can't see doing the OPKs because they don't come with enough sticks for such long testing times... any other suggestions?

Thanks
Oh and QhoneyB my real name is Griffin You can add that on our list.

Advertisement

Last edited by oldandnew; 11-30-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: real name
oldandnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 01:37 PM   #22
daddyn4wisechix
Registered Users
Formerly: daddyn3wisechix
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldandnew View Post
O is expected tomorrow, here's hoping I see the temp dip and CM with it...on to our 2+WW.

Question for you all who have crazy irregular cycles. What methods do you use to figure out O timing?
I chart temps & CM...something always seems to be screwy with temps each month (got sick, out of town forgetting to take it all or on time) but CM is easy to keep up with. I use the Ovuwatch, which I pretty much rely on as the true predictor because my fertility tracker (ovuview) doesn't seem to predict correctly due to cycle variations (Starting July: 32 days, then 37d, 36d and this is one predicted to be 33d based on the watch signals) - He*L it even said "can't compute" basically! My LP went from 17d (first month off pill) to 21d to 11d so I have no idea what to expect this cycle.
I have been on the pill except for when pregnant (got a surprise BFP with DS first month off) so I guess my body is still learning but I was really hoping for being normal! LOL

I can't see doing the OPKs because they don't come with enough sticks for such long testing times... any other suggestions?

Thanks
Oh and QhoneyB my real name is Griffin You can add that on our list.
I KWYM... jeesh, I can't keep up!

I DO know that BOTH times we got a BFP on our own (we have 1 doctor assisted conception too) I was using Vitex, & both times I got pregnant my 2nd cycle of Vitex (I also used BIP, bio-identical progesterone cream both times for TTC... & when pregnant & after... I went off for a couple of years & am back on it... & I it... I just feel much better overall)... I know Vitex is supposed to help regulate & help for a "healthier" ovulation (think natural clomid)...

Anyway, when we got our BFPs those times, we BD day 10 of a 28 day cycle & 14 day LP (which I knew because of the BIP & knowing the exact cycle days, etc.)... which was way too early, or so I thought (you should have seen the shock when I got a BFP... after 10 YEARS of TTC )... apparently we do NOT make babies if we BD too close to O (too far from it either... or right when it is happening... or right after... sigh...LOL)... I was using OPKs then too, & if we waited for a BFP OPK, then we did NOT get pregnant... both times we BD before the BFP OPK, we got a BFP HCG.

Now this time TTC, we have BD before O (or we have tried to anyway, only to have the stinken OPK turn BFP a matter of hours later... way sooner than expected), but no BFP HCG... I did Vitex 2 cycles, but found out I was advised wrong on when & how to use it, so I ordered another bottle, & will start the day AF arrives in about 2 weeks... unless I get a BFP but I doubt it...

2 cycles seemed like they would have been "perfect" for BD & that O would have been not too soon, & not too late, but I got UTIs, so there was NO BD ...

I stand by my OPKs... you can get them CHEAP off eBay, so IMO it is worth it... when I had to buy them for $1 each @ the $1 store I was more conservative in using them, but now that I get them from eBay I POAS at will!! LOL You should have seen me way before they came out w/the $1 store ones... I would cringe spending $20-30 on a box of sticks... the frugal in me wanted to figure out how to reuse them or make something out of them !!

I also like to temp... & even though your temp is erratic... you should be able to detect a temp dip before O & when AF is due to give you a heads up if she is coming, IMO. Also, if you take your temp at different times, you can use this link to convert the temp (thank you, Amanda!):

http://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

HTH!
Old 11-30-2011, 06:53 AM   #23
oldandnew
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyn4wisechix View Post
I KWYM... jeesh, I can't keep up!
Anyway, when we got our BFPs those times, we BD day 10 of a 28 day cycle & 14 day LP (which I knew because of the BIP & knowing the exact cycle days, etc.)... which was way too early, or so I thought (you should have seen the shock when I got a BFP... after 10 YEARS of TTC )... apparently we do NOT make babies if we BD too close to O (too far from it either... or right when it is happening... or right after... sigh...LOL)... I was using OPKs then too, & if we waited for a BFP OPK, then we did NOT get pregnant... both times we BD before the BFP OPK, we got a BFP HCG.
I stand by my OPKs... you can get them CHEAP off eBay, so IMO it is worth it... I also like to temp... & even though your temp is erratic... you should be able to detect a temp dip before O & when AF is due to give you a heads up if she is coming, IMO. Also, if you take your temp at different times, you can use this link to convert the temp (thank you, Amanda!):

http://www.whenmybaby.com/basalbodytemperature.php

HTH!
Thanks for that link, good to know!

So major temp dip this am, I started to break out on my forehead (love those hormones) last night and have a 'tighter' feeling on my left side this morning. So I think we've got a match for O! My Ovuview still says "3days out based on previous cycles" but this one is now shorter than the last 2. We DTD every night from Fri through Mon. we learned DH is out of shape and not a young stud anymore Ugh, now the 2WW

Based on trying to back track when I got pregnant with DS1, it was CD 9,10 or 11 (I was only home on weekends at that point for my job) I'm pretty sure of that...I could have been 16,17, or 18 but doubtful as I'm pretty sure we only skipped protection the earlier time (we were NT and Not-not-trying LOL). No idea when O was.

What OPKs on ebay should I look for? if this cycle isn't it I will use them next time to verify the watch and temping, etc.

Last edited by oldandnew; 11-30-2011 at 06:57 PM. Reason: added 2WW
oldandnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:02 AM   #24
sasra_nu
Registered Users
seller

All BFNs for me so far, at 11 DPO now. I keep getting evaps on the wondfos. I had never gotten an evap before the past couple of months, and now I seem to get them on every single test! It's so frustrating!!

I'm just feeling so sad. Assuming my tests don't turn positive, I'm going to have to go through the holidays without a BFP. Before my loss, I had been SO excited to be 9 months preggo during Christmas. Would have been fun to get cute little baby clothes as Christmas gifts. Now, I have 1 more month to conceive before I hit my due date for my m/c on 1/15/12. I just don't know if I can handle it. I am so sick and tired of trying SO hard, wanting it more than anything, and failing.

Sorry to seem melodramatic or whiny. I just hate this time of the month - when I realize it probably didn't work. It is the saddest day of my whole month. And really, I won't totally count myself out till Friday, but I just have a feeling it's headed that way.

Maybe someone could get me some fertility for Christmas? Maybe instead I'll look into that Fertilitea.
sasra_nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:06 AM   #25
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

(((HUGS))) Sarah

Last months BFN really hit me hard...I have always had this fantasy of announcing a pregnancy at Christmas and well...it's not going to happen.

+ OPK today
Send baby dust!
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:36 AM   #26
QHoneyB
Registered Users
seller

:hug: Sarah It was really tough for me too the month when I would have been due and I wasn't pregnant yet. Strangely enough a couple months after that it started getting a little easier. I think because I was no longer feeling that I should be pregnant, I wasn't imagining that I should be 7 months now, 8 months, feeling baby kick, etc. Yes, I sometimes thought that I already should have another baby, but that didn't seem as real as the thoughts of I should be pregnant. I guess because being pregnant is such a unique experience, it's all about your body and you are so in tune with your body. But I really really hope you still get your BFP this month!!!!! That really stinks about the evaps, grrr!!!!

Leslie, sending some baby dust your way!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 09:55 AM   #27
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

Sarah, I totally understand! Last month I was fine with getting a negative HPT as it was another month to *figure* my body out. But this month when the test was negative really sent me into a tail spin. I have been so sad and angry and feel like I am back in those days of just finding out we lost our son and the emotions that went with that. I only have one more cycle too, to be pregnant before my due date of 1/3/12... We have always been reproductively challenged, so I don't know why this time would be different. I guess I was hoping that it would be easier to get pregnant after a loss. Praying that we both can find peace and comfort in God who really does have the perfect plan even when we don't understand.

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #28
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies! just dropping in to see how you all are! hope you had a nice thanksgiving for those celebrating.. everything is great here...

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:49 PM   #29
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:

You can officially move me to waiting to O...

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 07:30 PM   #30
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

DH came home with a sore throat and sneezing and stuff. I told him take a nap and some cold medicine LOL I also told him he doesn't have to kiss me LMAO
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote