Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #21
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 11/28-12/4

I was super exhausted yesterday. It was my first day with all 5 kids home and I only got 4 hours of sleep the night before. I slept better last night but for some reason was still tired enough to fall asleep on the couch nursing just about an hour ago. The bad thing is I fell asleep with both my boys home and awake (we were watching Nick Jr. and also playing with toys on the floor). However, I woke up to find Levi sleeping in my arms, DS1 sleeping in my lap (not sure how he crawled up there without waking me up!) and DS2 sleeping on the couch next to me leaning on me. It was kind of funny, too bad DH wasn't here to take a picture. I only slept for about 20 minutes but felt a bit more refreshed.

Just on the hunt for a photographer to do Christmas pics of the kids. I don't have to pick my girls up for school for the next 3 weeks as my Grandpa is going to do it. I do have to take them in the mornings but it isn't so bad as I am up so early I have everyone ready and everything together way before we even have to leave!

Advertisement

*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #22
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
#5: I'm super emotional and exhausted and I'm starting to feel kind of disconnected from everything. I just feel like no one is taking care of ME!!! And I know I sound like a princess, but dadgumit I just had a BABY, someone ought to be caring for me. And I feel like I'm having to take care of all the people who should be caring about me. Oh well, push on, right?
This is exactly how I feel! My dad was supposed to have Ds2 during the day while Ds1 is at school (this is what happens when I'm working, so nothing new), but all last week he was sick, so that didn't happen. As a result, my bleeding is still pretty heavy from chasing/ picking up/ fighting with Ds2 (he is having a hard time adjusting and has really been acting out), and I am still having dizzy spells. Today is the first day since her birth that this plan has actually been put into effect... and it almost didn't happen because they almost called off school for snow! I think I would have had a nervous break down!

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:38 PM   #23
GC's Mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Baby listened! Our November surprise turned out to be a little lady baby....... well, not so little. Claire Janine weighed in at 10lbs, 6oz (huge shocker....is she the biggest Harvesy Baby so far?), has a head full of dark hair, and already has Daddy wrapped around her long, perfect finger. We are so blessed.

21.5 inches long, born at 7:15am at the Bellingham Birth Center.

Last edited by GC's Mama; 11-29-2011 at 02:39 PM.
GC's Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:56 PM   #24
sisu
Registered Users
seller
seller

Jenn - Congrats! She's beautiful! Hope you didn't buy a lot of NB clothes.
sisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:29 PM   #25
naura
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

jenn congrats~

tired mamas - hugs to you all.

afm - ugh ds is sick but he is still bouncing, so i have a bouncing 2 year old i can't take anywhere (looks like allergies but its not allergies i really don't get it! his snot is clear, eyes watery, dry cough but allegra did nothing. ). the TV has been on ALL DAY which irritates me but i also don't want myka to get whatever he has... so i've kind of quarantined us to one side of the room.

Last edited by naura; 11-29-2011 at 03:31 PM.
naura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #26
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama
Baby listened! Our November surprise turned out to be a little lady baby....... well, not so little. Claire Janine weighed in at 10lbs, 6oz (huge shocker....is she the biggest Harvesy Baby so far?), has a head full of dark hair, and already has Daddy wrapped around her long, perfect finger. We are so blessed.

Congratulations she's beautiful
Old 11-29-2011, 06:08 PM   #27
rainydaysunshine
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GC's Mama View Post

Congrats!!

Little girl, Seren Elise, born at home 11/18! Birth Story
rainydaysunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 AM   #28
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jenn - Congrats!

AFM - Up early but i know that will b the 'norm' for a while now haha. Had a sort of stresful 1st night home because ds stopped nurinsg around 9PM last night and hasn't since..hoping it was because of his gassiness though :/ he stayed 'awake' until around 2 and i got to sleep til almost 5 with him so now i am up cuz i had to pee lol he is still snuggled on the couch tho. I started on his laundry because apparently he is slightly sensitive to our detergent so we had to get baby detergent last night. luckily his NB clothes only amount to 1 full load so its not ike im rushing around doing a mountain LOL Well I am hungry. I'm going to fix a quick bowl of cereal and then lay back down. Hoping to chat longer later
Old 11-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #29
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats, Jenn!!! She's gorgeous!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 10:26 AM   #30
3Munchkins1togrow
Registered Users
seller

Hello Everyone !!!

Congrats to all the new babies ! I feel terrible I have not been on here to congratulate everyone individually after your lo's arrivals, but I am going to go back and read birth stories when I get a free minute.

Jennifer- I just saw you had a girl! How exciting, I bet her brothers are over the moon with her

It has been pure chaos since Isla was born, I mean complete madness After the craziness that was her birth, my FIL came to visit us in the hospital, even though he was having kidney stone issues on the way down. He got to the hospital and after 30 minutes was in the bathroom getting sick. So DH had to take him back to our house. He got back to the hospital to get a phone call saying his dad was in an ambulance on his way to the hospital, so DH spent the next several hours in the ER with his dad, who was later admitted and had to stay and have procedures done. This went on for several days, so me and the baby kind of got pushed to the back burner. Don't get me wrong I feel terrible he had that happen, but he was told to have this procedure before he even came to visit us and chose not to, then came anyway even though he was already having symptoms. Anyhow, then it was tournament week for DS1's soccer team and DH was the coach so that was almost every night that week and the weekend. Not to mention organizing the team soccer party. Then we had to pack our now family of 6 for a 4 day trip 5.5 hours away for Thanksgiving. There were 26 people there and LOTS of children. On the way home DH started feeling sick took him to the Dr he has the flu SERIOUSLY !!! Which has left me taking care of all 4 kiddos and a sick husband for the last several days and naturally the baby is going through her 3 week growth spurt and wants to be permanently attached to the boob. I have a filthy house, a mountain of laundry, and need to go grocery shopping when I get a free minute. That and I have been averaging about 3 hours of sleep a night! AAAHHHHHHHHH It gets better right ??? I just want to lay on the couch and cuddle with my new baby. Guess that will have to wait a few weeks for Christmas break.