Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2011, 03:08 PM   #51
ChelseaGirl7
Registered Users

Justina- sorry about the pumping. Sounds like your flanges may be the wrong size? Of course if your not going to pump much longer it may not be an issue.

Afm- my kids had christmas dance recital yesterday. Dress rehearsal + 2 performances. It was busy but not as bad as i thought it might be. Now we are just relaxing watching movies.

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #52
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 11/28-12/4

i might pump more, unless we can get the tongue tie fixed. i think i had my pump up too high actually. i was having a huge moment when i posted that one.

a moment from my oldest, who is 2.5 she decided that Savi needed cheese today. so she gave her a huge chunk of cheese. a good sharp old white chedder which has a super strong taste to it. good thing i caught it in time. and at least the oldest is sharing? she got a good talking too, and what baby can and can not eat. oh Caya, what shall i do with you my child!
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:30 PM   #53
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

When I was about 2 I stuffed my 6 week old cousins mouth full of cheese cubes
Old 12-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #54
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Justina~Sorry you are having problems bf'ing.

Congrats, pkhotshot!

AFM~ Enjoying just nursing H since yesterday,wanted to get away from supplementing with formula sooner rather than later since i know i'm making enough for him. It was so annoying to have MIL make the comment how i was probably starving him and my milk wasnt enough for him & how that was probably why he lost so much weight The drs couldn't even figure out why he lost the weight. MIL left today to go home.

DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #55
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Congrats pkhotshot, yay if we have all our november babies now! Hope we are not missing anyone......

Justina....I'm not the biggest fan of pumping either, but the convenience is great of grabbing some BM and taking it somewhere or leaving it for grandma etc is great. I haven't started pumping yet as I haven't found a good time to start. Normally I like to pump at night with other kids in bed, but LO nurses a lot before my bedtime right now.

I might start it when my toddler takes his nap. I find it easier just to do the same time everyday normally.

We had our first blow out the other day, after our first bath I think it was? His umbilical cord finally fell off. Nice and neat too. DS2 I think was hanging by a string forever giving me the heebee jeebee's....

Toddler gets his cast off tomorrow!!!! If he does ok with walking around then we will go to Santa(Bass Pro shop is the best!) tomorrow night with the kids. I've heard that it can be a bit wobbly after the support of a cast for a few weeks though. Hoping he won't freak out as they take the cast off, presuming they use some kind of dremel/drill kinda thing that might freak him out.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:56 AM   #56
momnixon
Registered Users
seller

Justina, I know I've said it before, but I'd be getting that tongue clipped. We waited til 4 months old with DS2 and I regret it. So glad we got the new one done so soon. I was still having SO much pain nursing with DS2, I don't think it would've gotten better and I just would've ended up not nursing him very long.

Kami, MILs can be SO frustrating, but it's actually my mom who gives too much advice. Like for instance, "you should only nurse for 7.5 minutes on each side". Yeah, she nursed us all for like 6 weeks each. So I know better than to LISTEN to her, but it's just so annoying having someone constantly question you. Glad your MIL went home! I'm finding my kids to be less work when no one else is around.

Annnnnnd, DS2 was trying to give baby a fruit snack the other day, DS1 went with the healthier option of a granola bar. Sigh.

AFM: Almost over the flu I think. Thankfully it was short lived. Everyone has gone home and we have the house to ourselves 'til the weekend. This will be DH's first full week back without anyone here to help me, but I think we'll be fine. I'm kind of looking forward to it. Hopefully will be able to keep up on here a little better now that everyone is gone!
I'm an accidental hippie who loves BFing, CDing, Milkshakes, and Jesus.
momnixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:04 AM   #57
KiltedKingdom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Danae's cord fell off of Friday. Then I gave her a bath right after that because she had her first blowout!

I don't like pumping, either, but I like being able to leave her at home sometimes. Like last week, I got a tooth infection, so I was able to leave her with my SIL while I went and got a root canal started (and I'll leave her again when I get it closed up this week). I just know I'd have a hard time if she decided to cry while I'm in the middle of being worked on.

I think all of my milk is going straight to Danae's thighs. She's getting ROLLS!
Old 12-05-2011, 12:29 PM   #58
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So with everyone pumping ...when do you introduce a bottle? I was told to wait at least 4 weeks to avoid nipple confusion. I have only been pumping max twice a day because i dont want the engorgement feeling i got on the 2nd day my milk was in lol but this way i am able to store 6-10 oz every day in the freezer stash plus he gets all he needs - i dont think thats bad at all i am sooo happy bf'ing is working for me this time around!

Also anybody have toddlers wanting to nurse as well? I didn't nurse dd long enough to even call myself a breastfeeding mom and now she wants to nurse when i fed ds! i know it shouldnt make me feel weird but i does. if i had bf'd her she would prolly still be nursing but when she tries i sort of freak out and have to explain to her that she is a big girl now and only bubba can nurse...which sort of makes me feel bad. i don't know im prolly overthinking everything LOL
Old 12-06-2011, 06:43 AM   #59
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momnixon View Post
Justina, I know I've said it before, but I'd be getting that tongue clipped. We waited til 4 months old with DS2 and I regret it. So glad we got the new one done so soon. I was still having SO much pain nursing with DS2, I don't think it would've gotten better and I just would've ended up not nursing him very long.
Who clips the tongue? Is it the pedi?
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote