View Poll Results: Did your DH/SO stay the night at the hospital?
Yes 160 71.75%
No 32 14.35%
Other 31 13.90%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2011, 10:11 AM   #41
mmmarmalade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did your DH/SO stay with you

He stayed when DS1 was born, but went home to take care of DS1 when DS2 was born.

Advertisement

Marmalade Baby
mmmarmalade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #42
Ready2Bmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm shocked at all the DH's that don't stay (unless they are the only one able to care for other children or have no choice but to work). My DH won't leave my side...his choice! I have easy labors and quick deliveries, which makes for a fairly easy pp recovery (It's still recovery though), but wouldn't leave with DS or DD. He's already said that with #3 (when that time comes), he'll be staying then too.
Hadley, proud to be a wife to Wes (5/26/07), Catholic, natural birthing, BFing, Bedsharing, BWing, ERFing, WOHM, Master's student graduate, and mama to my loves, Emmitt(8/17/09) & Ellen Kate (9/22/11)
Adding a new little snow baby to our family Jan 2015
Help me earn more space on Dropbox!!
Ready2Bmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 11:56 AM   #43
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Bmommy
I'm shocked at all the DH's that don't stay (unless they are the only one able to care for other children or have no choice but to work). My DH won't leave my side...his choice! I have easy labors and quick deliveries, which makes for a fairly easy pp recovery (It's still recovery though), but wouldn't leave with DS or DD. He's already said that with #3 (when that time comes), he'll be staying then too.
You make it sound like such a negative thing.

My dh also does not enjoy leaving me and sleeps fairly terribly while away but we both know how hard it is to enjoy our new family when both of us are miserably sleep deprived.
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:01 PM   #44
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I voted "other" because I homebirth.

My dh stays the entire time (except for bathroom breaks). I get really needy for him when I am in labor. He helps keep me grounded and in control. I usually ask my midwives to leave the room while I labor, and let them know I will ask for them if I need them. So outside of the midwife checking vitals every so often, it is just me and my dh.
Old 11-30-2011, 12:37 PM   #45
Bmomma2C
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was induced 4/11 just before 7pm and had the baby 4/12 at almost 11pm and he stayed til 4/14 in the evening, then came back every day til 4/22 when baby was discharged from NICU (where I was rooming-in).
Bmomma2C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:58 PM   #46
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, and we only stayed the one night. I'm happy that we shouldn't have to worry about it this time if our homebirth works out.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:00 PM   #47
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostcrunchy View Post
I voted "other" because I homebirth.

My dh stays the entire time (except for bathroom breaks). I get really needy for him when I am in labor. He helps keep me grounded and in control. I usually ask my midwives to leave the room while I labor, and let them know I will ask for them if I need them. So outside of the midwife checking vitals every so often, it is just me and my dh.
I was the opposite with my first labor- I didn't need my husband at all, and was happy by myself. I actually let him sleep through most of it; when I went to wake him up, I started into transition and pushing. I'm wondering if this time will be different since we'll be planning to stay at home. I mean, it kind of feels weird to say that I didn't need him...but I really just didn't. I guess every labor is different, though.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:09 PM   #48
babylove921
Registered Users
Formerly: mrsdrums1

My Mood:

For DS DH stayed both nights. This time, I might have him stay one night, and then go home with Asher the second night. I want DS routine to stay the same.
Old 11-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #49
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dh was not able to be with me at the birth of our 1st daughter but was with the other 2 and did stay with me the entire time I was in the hospital so I chose other.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:23 PM   #50
Truckerswife
Registered Users
seller

My DH stayed overnight when our firsts was born but he was born at 12:20 am and I had to go to surgery for stitches and didn't get back to my room until like 2:30 am our girls were born at 1:04 pm and 4:26 pm with both of them he stayed until about 9:00 pm that went home to sleep and came back in the morning and spent the day with us