Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-12-2006, 12:32 PM   #21
Happywillow
Registered Users
seller

Re: Not losing weight while breastfeeding

Thanks to everyone who has posted so far! (I'm the original poster) It is good to know I'm not alone out there. I suppose I should be more careful about what I eat. I'm probably taking in too many calories, still it can be hard when I'm eating chicken and spinach salads and my friend says, "Oh, I eat fast food hamburgers every day, and I'm 10 lbs thinner than I was before I got pregnant (and her son was 4 months old.) ARG! Still, I'm so happy to be nursing the baby, so if this is what it takes, then so be it! I'm 5'8".I was 145 before my 1st pregnancy in '04, 190 at delivery, and 165 when I got pregnant with #2 10 months later. Went up to 199.5 a few days before delivery (I refused to get back on the scale after I saw that!) and am 170 now. I'm going to try to watch more what I eat, but just enjoy nursing my happy girl!

Megan,
SAHM to Gwen 4/21/04 and Keira 11/16/05

Advertisement

Happywillow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #22
EasterBun
Yarn Snob
seller

My Mood:

It sounds like you're built like me I was around 145 before #1 too

Just hang in there, and remember the weight gain isn't forever... you'll have plenty of time after you're done nursing (or having more kids and nursing them!) to lose it
EasterBun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 12:52 PM   #23
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can totally relate to this, with ds I don't remember much I just know I didn't get down to prepreg. weight (which was 20lbs more than I wanted to be anyway). I was 14 over. I had to work my hiney off to lose that. With dd I was down to 10 over prepreg. then I was gone half of May with family and I gained an extra 10. YIKES! I had started working out again the day before dd was 6 weeks. When I was with family I got some workout not like I would have had I been home, but I am nursing and working out trying to lose it. So I know how you feel.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #24
havanadaydreamin
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been able to lose those last 10 pounds. I have just accepted the fact that I probably won't be able to unless DD drastically cuts her nursing down. I figure I've probably got about another year to go! LOL
Old 06-22-2006, 10:56 AM   #25
AmandaHW
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Me too! Of course, I went straight from pregnant to nursing to pregnant to nursing again but still...(My kiddos are just less than 16 months apart! I haven't seen AF since Feb. 2004 )
AmandaHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 01:55 PM   #26
elioraimmanuel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Some woman gain weight when they BF. I, sadly, am one of them. I don't gain, but 10 lbs while pg, but boy do I pay for it afterwards!
elioraimmanuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #27
rliszkowski
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by superMoM2GTO
I feel the same way! I was 165 when I got pregnant and 205 when I delieved. Within a week after giving birth I was 185... But slowly my weight started creeping up! Now DS is alittle over 8 months and Im up to my delievery weight!!!
How depressing is THAT!? I've just resigned myself to being fat until he is weaned.

This happened to me too!!!

rliszkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 05:07 PM   #28
Proverbs169
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I had three babies in less than three years and have nursed all of them, and still have most of my weight from baby #1 to lose. YUCK. I am slowly getting rid of it... lost 18 pounds before getting pg with K... and am finally back on the wagon. Total I have about 40 pounds to lose. I think that whole thing about bf helping weight issues is a myth.
Proverbs169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:58 AM   #29
izzysmomma
Registered Users

Me neither!! I'm stuck at twenty pounds above prepreg weight. ARGH!! I finally went out and bought a sports bra that I hope will keep the girls in while I start to jog again. Maybe that will help??
Lis
izzysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #30
lovemygirls
Registered Users
seller

I wasn't loosing weight after I had dd but now I've joined weight watchers and the weight is slowly but surely coming off.

Ginger
lovemygirls is offline   Reply With Quote