Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Re: Why lock threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
We took the situation into mediation. We are hoping for a resolution there.
Does that mean that all the mods are talking about the thread locking issue in there? Sorry I'm still trying to figure out exactly what mediation is

Advertisement

#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:12 PM   #12
pinkflamingos77
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Does that mean that all the mods are talking about the thread locking issue in there? Sorry I'm still trying to figure out exactly what mediation is
It means they took the people involved in the situation with shay and are talking about it with them. they try to see if they can find a solution to it all.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #13
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

We have invited Shay and Angeleyes into a private forum to talk it out. The other moderators and I will take a look at both sides of the story and try to help them come to a resolution that is fair to both of them.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 PM   #14
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

that is what mediation is. bet the 2 parties involved
ok gotta go
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:16 PM   #15
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkflamingos77 View Post
It means they took the people involved in the situation with shay and are talking about it with them. they try to see if they can find a solution to it all.
Ah, well that explains why I was confuesed, I wasn't really talking about Shay, but more thread locking in general. Although I'm glad that situation is being mediated, since obviously someone messed up big time there.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #16
CrunchyClark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I can see how that would work well in a small community, but DS is huge and the online CD'ing community is huge, the issue does not stop and everyone just moves on, it just gets taken somwhere else and gets gossuped about, sometiems things even gets blown way out of proportion because of this.

There are a lot of people on here who have valuble info and viewpoints to contribute to certain issues, but they might not see the thread until it has already been locked. It just seems wrong that only the people that happen to be online and see the thread before it gets locked get to contribute to the disscusion.
Oh no! This is a HUGE board. Bigger even than DS's I'm sure.

I guess I just think that if the management of a board locks a thread, then you should just move on. If you don't like it somewhere, then find another board. As you said there are lots of online CD boards I'm sure there is one that is 'perfect' for each person and we just need to find it ourselves.

I'd guess if a thread deteriorates to the point of locking...no one's 'valuable' viewpoints are going to be heard anyway! It's probably to that ugly point of no return and we all should just move on.

But anyway...I'm a total newbie here...though I've been around the CD world forever
Site ~ Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op ~ Etsy ~
CrunchyClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #17
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
We have invited Shay and Angeleyes into a private forum to talk it out. The other moderators and I will take a look at both sides of the story and try to help them come to a resolution that is fair to both of them.
But what about my question, why lock threads?
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:22 PM   #18
SugarBunsWool&More
Formerly: RileysMama
seller

My Mood:

IMO, threads get locked so that they don't get out of hand? Sometimes, and I'm sure you've seen it, the same things just get said again and again, then people get frustrated, and someone gets bent, says things they don't need to say on a board like this, etc, etc.
I think locking threads is just a way to prevent that.
SugarBunsWool&More is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #19
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RileysMama View Post
IMO, threads get locked so that they don't get out of hand? Sometimes, and I'm sure you've seen it, the same things just get said again and again, then people get frustrated, and someone gets bent, says things they don't need to say on a board like this, etc, etc.
I think locking threads is just a way to prevent that.
I guess I can see that, it would probably be more work for the mods to watch over every singly long long drama thread, and be easier just to lock them, but I still think it's more importaint that everyone say what they feel they need to say. Hmm mabye I will have to check out some other boards LOL.
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #20
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

In the grand scheme of things very FEW posts get locked. There was some drama in the recent past that may feel like we lock a lot of threads since the drama is still fresh in our minds, but we really dont. A "lets keep it civil" post is made, and if people still continue to go at eachothers throats we lock it and or remove it.

Bottom line is. If a thread gets out of control and people are just bashing each others views or two people are just going around and around and not getting anywhere we feel its best for the community to lock it. Because MOST of the community is not involved. In the Shay case, we decided that these two needed to be brought into mediation that more could hopefully be resolved there.
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote