Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #21
ladybugmom
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Why lock threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
Hmm mabye I will have to check out some other boards LOL.
that would be great- you are always welcome

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2007, 09:10 PM   #22
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFabMama View Post
I'm sure it can/does work. And, just throwing this out there I'm a member of a board that has a no edit/no delete policy and things get hashed out, and people get to say what they feel when they feel it and it gets worked out all of the time.

Just sayin.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:08 PM   #23
Catrinau
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyClark View Post
If you don't like it somewhere, then find another board. As you said there are lots of online CD boards

Ya know ... I have a friend that I don't always agree with. Sometimes I'll say "ya know.. this is weird to me and I don't understand it. Maybe if you did it this way it'd be better?" She either says "Cool idea! You're right, let me see if I can make some changes" or "Nah, I like things the way they are".
That is cool. Just because I don't always agree with her doesn't mean I have to turn my back on her and my friendship with her.

Why is it when someone makes a suggestion or points out something that may need a little more work, that they are told "If you don't like it, then leave"??? Ooey was just asking a question ... maybe making a suggestion. Just because she doesn't agree with everything on DS 100% of the time doesn't mean she should look elsewhere for an online cd'ing community to participate in. She wasn't demeaning or ridiculing or being mean in any way. She just had a question, posted it. She did so in a nice way too. I just REALLY do not understand the "Well if you don't like it, then leave" thing that has been happening lately.

Mom to 3 rough and tumble boys. Wife to one totally awesome man!

My Crafting Blog!
Catrinau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #24
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
If you don't like it somewhere, then find another board. As you said there are lots of online CD boards I'm sure there is one that is 'perfect' for each person and we just need to find it ourselves.
Ooey has been here for quit some time and your telling her to move on if shes not happy with something? Wow I don't agree with all of my IRL friends/family and I don't find new.
Old 04-17-2007, 08:57 PM   #25
ladybugmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
If you don't like it somewhere, then find another board. As you said there are lots of online CD boards
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn View Post
Ooey has been here for quit some time and your telling her to move on if shes not happy with something? Wow I don't agree with all of my IRL friends/family and I don't find new.
Agreed- as of this moment, she has 5,775 posts- I hardly think you should be telling her to leave, esp as a new member who has belonged here for a week or so.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #26
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

I really don't think she meant anything by it, maybe she just didn't realize that I'm a regular memeber here, or should I say DSaholic . I love you all here at DS and it would take a lot more than a difference of opinion about the rules to make me leave LOL
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 PM   #27
LuAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I really don't think she meant anything by it, maybe she just didn't realize that I'm a regular memeber here, or should I say DSaholic . I love you all here at DS and it would take a lot more than a difference of opinion about the rules to make me leave LOL
Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 AM   #28
Mamma Christi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't read all the comments but...
...as a moderator of a forum myself (actually a global mod, basically between a mod and an admin) I can at least say why WE lock posts. Many times it's because the post itself has helpful information, but got out of hand. So basically, it's so that people can still read through the thread and read all the answers to the person's question, or read what everyone has to say...but not be able to continue the drama. We used to delete just the individual comments, but then people were mad that their post count was going down. So locking became a good option for us. Then after the thread goes a few pages back we'll go and move it to our "cemetery" forum where we keep 'dead posts'.

Also, sometimes there is confusion about a comment which incites drama. So we'll lock it and make it known that it may be unlocked at a later time. We discuss things with the person(s) involved and then choose whether or not to reopen the topic.
Mom to Jacob 10/25/06, #2 EDD September 18.
Mamma Christi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #29
offlikeapromdress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

IMO, locking threads just pisses people off then they start new threads...

I think it would be a lot easier to leave them open and let them play out. Yes, if they get to be inappropriate then by all means do what you have to do. But just b/c someone disagrees or says the truth about someone or their character or business practices...etc., doesnt mean it should be locked.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #30
CrunchyClark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by natieboyzmom View Post
Agreed- as of this moment, she has 5,775 posts- I hardly think you should be telling her to leave, esp as a new member who has belonged here for a week or so.
Ooops was gone for a few days. I wasn't telling her to LEAVE, just saying that if someone isn't happy with how a board is run on ANY board that the best bet is to state your peace, try to get some satisfaction, and if not, why spend the energy to fight a system you aren't happy with, find another place

Just trying to comment in general. There are hundreds of boards out there....or make your own! I may be new here, but I've just been on enough boards over the years of diapering...been a diaper WAHM since 2000....that I realize it all runs in cycles and you shouldn't ever just have to sit and swelter in unhappiness on a board that you don't feel 100% in love with. Move on and find one you do. There is one out there.
Site ~ Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op ~ Etsy ~
CrunchyClark is offline   Reply With Quote