Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #31
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why lock threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by offlikeapromdress View Post
IMO, locking threads just pisses people off then they start new threads...

I think it would be a lot easier to leave them open and let them play out. Yes, if they get to be inappropriate then by all means do what you have to do. But just b/c someone disagrees or says the truth about someone or their character or business practices...etc., doesnt mean it should be locked.
i agree, if someone is being tottaly out of line, remove that particular post, give them and infraction, but let the discussion carry on.

Advertisement

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:01 PM   #32
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyClark View Post
Ooops was gone for a few days. I wasn't telling her to LEAVE, just saying that if someone isn't happy with how a board is run on ANY board that the best bet is to state your peace, try to get some satisfaction, and if not, why spend the energy to fight a system you aren't happy with, find another place

Just trying to comment in general. There are hundreds of boards out there....or make your own! I may be new here, but I've just been on enough boards over the years of diapering...been a diaper WAHM since 2000....that I realize it all runs in cycles and you shouldn't ever just have to sit and swelter in unhappiness on a board that you don't feel 100% in love with. Move on and find one you do. There is one out there.
I can't say that I totally agree, it seems to me that there are maybe 10 main CD boards on the net that most of the same mamas visit. I don't think that I could find a board that is just like diaperswappers with all the same rules except they don't lock threads... unless I wanted to go create my own board by copying the format of this one exactly and changing a few things, but that would just be a super lame thing to do
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!

Last edited by Ooey; 04-18-2007 at 11:02 PM.
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 11:16 PM   #33
CrunchyClark
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
I can't say that I totally agree, it seems to me that there are maybe 10 main CD boards on the net that most of the same mamas visit. I don't think that I could find a board that is just like diaperswappers with all the same rules except they don't lock threads... unless I wanted to go create my own board by copying the format of this one exactly and changing a few things, but that would just be a super lame thing to do
Why lame? That is how a lot of the boards have been created....someone thinks they can do it better or differently....so they do! Actually, I'd wager that is how most of the diaper boards, heck most boards around started out "Back in the day" there were very places to talk dipes..mostly yahoogroups actually....and then someone thought....I like x, but I don't like x, so I'm going to do my own thing. In fact....I'd guess though I have no idea, that is probably how even Diaper Swappers started. There is very little 'original' out there on the net!
Site ~ Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op ~ Etsy ~
CrunchyClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 09:02 AM   #34
Knittress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyClark View Post
Why lame? That is how a lot of the boards have been created....someone thinks they can do it better or differently....so they do! Actually, I'd wager that is how most of the diaper boards, heck most boards around started out "Back in the day" there were very places to talk dipes..mostly yahoogroups actually....and then someone thought....I like x, but I don't like x, so I'm going to do my own thing. In fact....I'd guess though I have no idea, that is probably how even Diaper Swappers started. There is very little 'original' out there on the net!
Yup... if there had not been Diaper Pin, then Jodi and Rhiana wouldn't have felt the urge to leave DP and start DS. I remember being a newbie in Fall 2005 when there were WAY fewer members.

Laura who's loving life
Dyeing/Knitting WAHM
Knittress is offline   Reply With Quote