Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-29-2011, 02:24 PM   #1
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

Question ~HYLAND COLD AND COUGH~

Would you use it on a child that is not two till March? Thanks!

Advertisement

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!
galesville1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 02:36 PM   #2
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: ~HYLAND COLD AND COUGH~

Is there a holistic ped anywhere near you that you can call? I would post a message asking for one in whatever state your in. I bet they could help you with scaling up (or down... however they phrase it) the medication.

I hope your little one feels better soon!
Old 11-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
clothforyourangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The main concern with some natural cold and cough remedies is that they have honey in them and you shouldn't give them to babies under a year. After a year, I usually just go with honey and/or warm tea with lemon to help soothe a cough. I also run a cool mist humidifier in the kids' room at the first sign of a cold. It really helps them sleep better.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Until 2 we used the cold tabs and he honey cough syrup, after 2 we used the cold and cough stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Old 11-30-2011, 06:19 AM   #5
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

We did. He had a really bad cold and was so stuffed up. We used the sniffle and sneezes version and just did a very spaced dosing, I mean spaced. One helped dry his nasal passages up just enough. The liquid one we gave really spaced again when he was a little older, it doesn't work as good as other brands but is good enough.

As it is, when he had some allergy issues in the summer and woke up really really stuffed the doctor told us to give him a low dose of benadryl once before bed. Grant it, it doesn't have honey, but I don't see it being too bad when your LO will be 2 in March. If you're worried, use the Sniffle and Sneezes one, that won't have honey in it.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:47 AM   #6
Brooke789
Registered Users
seller
seller

Yes, I gave my son some just a couple weeks ago at 16months. It didn't seem to do anything for him and we ended up buying another 'natural' cold medicine Similcon (sp?) I'd have to get the box to give you the actual name. The ingredients in both seemed pretty good. The Hylands was honey (first ingredient) and the other had an artificial sweetener, but we were ok with him having such a small dose.
Brooke789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

I gave it to my DD a couple weeks ago. She was about 20 mos, & I have it to her b/c she was not sleeping even w/ the vaporizer & some saline spray. I had the same cold & was in agony, but I was able to take a cough medicine/decongestant/expectorant. DD is a big kid & she was well w/in the weight recommendations for their dosing schedule. I gave her the lowest dose @ bedtime only for about 3 days. It helped alleviate her symptoms, & I think that her having a restful night's sleep let her body get back on track & fight the cold.