Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:28 PM   #1
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wool Overnight Questions

1. What do you use under the cover?
2. Do you get what seem to be compression leaks?

I am using an organic GMD brown plus a medium Punkin Butt hemp doubler (topped with green fleece) under felted M/L Sbish karate pants (wool longies) that have been well lanolinized with Lansionoh lanolin plus CJs revitalizer lanolin spray. I get leaks *EVERY* time I use this system over night but not if I use the same prefold and doubler under a PUL cover (specifically a Weehuggers). It seems to be a compression leak, but it doesn't make since to me! 22lber + not so firm adult mattress (We cosleep) Advice?? Commiseration?? TIA

Advertisement

NewMommy6111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:34 PM   #2
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Re: Wool Overnight Questions

I use a bamboo sandy with doubler and a disana soaker under PJs, no issues. You may need more absorbancy. I got behind on laundry, and tried a dream eze under the disana one night. I literally had a puddle of pee sitting in the bottom of the soaker that the diaper didn't absorb (but was super impressed with the woollies ), that ended up all over me and the floor when I took the soaker off....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
bfeigner
Registered Users
seller

a large DR flat with a padfolded small dr flat and a hemp doubler under aristcrat longies...works everytime! but our aristcrat soaker gets compression leaks

i have another pair of the longies on the way and some disana coming from the co op. i really prefer using wool cause my lo gets rub marks on her thighs from the pul. but i don't want her wetting everywhere either i like to feel confident in what i'm putting her to bed in will work consistently...
bfeigner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:33 PM   #4
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have the Sbish knit longies and FWIW, I didn't find them to be terribly bulletproof (although ours are not felted). It's weird though, because they're thick, but somehow.....

Our nighttime CD:
MEOS with padfolded Ikea flat. If I'm expecting a heavy night, I add a folded over Hempbabies doubler.

Our nighttime wool:
*Aristocrats soaker (my #1 choice because it has the super high rise and fits like a dream)
*Double-layered recycled wool (trimmer than the Crat but just as effective. I just need to be sure none of the diaper is sticking out from the cover)
*Kissas wool lovers (I want to like this one, but the fit in the legs is not great on my DS, so we had a leak once and then I was too chicken to use it again for nights)
* Baby Beehinds wool wrap (used to work fine, but now the rise is getting too low so it's off the list now)

We've never had compression leaks with wool. Not when sleeping, not in the carseat or babywearing, etc.

My guess is that perhaps the pee is just better contained when you have a cover over it rather than longies that fit like regular pants. I would suggest trying a soaker or wool wrap - it will just help keep everything more contained, i.e. the diaper will be more snug around your LO so it will work harder to absorb whatever pee is there. My latest craze is soaker-longies for the best protection and warmth!
SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks ladies
Old 11-30-2011, 05:32 PM   #6
noranuks
Registered Users

Have you considered a wool pad on top of your sheets for one more layer of defense?

** Soakers, wool changing pads, legging style longies, holiday longies and NEW cargo style longies! Use coupon code dsmama for free shipping!! Happy Holidays!
noranuks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
rachelanne820
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds to me you might need to change the wool. We are using almost the same set up: GMD Large prefold with Babykicks hemp doubler with fleece liner all pinned on. I use this under a felted Disana soaker. DD is around 22 lbs and still nurses at night. We co-sleep, also. I've never once had a leak with this set up. I also add lanolin to my wash water and have lanolin spray that I use between washings.

Are your longies double-knit? Disana are and have tight-ish legs.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #8
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noranuks View Post
Have you considered a wool pad on top of your sheets for one more layer of defense?
I have thought about it. Do you know where I could find an affordable wool pad?
Old 12-01-2011, 06:54 PM   #9
NewMommy6111
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachelanne820 View Post
Sounds to me you might need to change the wool. We are using almost the same set up: GMD Large prefold with Babykicks hemp doubler with fleece liner all pinned on. I use this under a felted Disana soaker. DD is around 22 lbs and still nurses at night. We co-sleep, also. I've never once had a leak with this set up. I also add lanolin to my wash water and have lanolin spray that I use between washings.

Are your longies double-knit? Disana are and have tight-ish legs.
Wow, this is almost the exact same! DS is 22 lb and nurses almost all night. I will have to try some other wool, thanks!

My longies are two layers of interlock.
Old 12-01-2011, 07:00 PM   #10
noranuks
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewMommy6111 View Post
I have thought about it. Do you know where I could find an affordable wool pad?
I have one in my shop (link in siggy) and will be listing more soon. (Depending on what size you're looking for.)

** Soakers, wool changing pads, legging style longies, holiday longies and NEW cargo style longies! Use coupon code dsmama for free shipping!! Happy Holidays!
noranuks is offline   Reply With Quote