Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-30-2011, 10:45 PM   #1
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm on the fence. :)

Just riding the fence over here and wanted to publicly poke my head in.

DH isn't on board yet...had a big discussion tonight about when we would TTC...he's a serious worrier/glass half empty/introvert, so it was like pulling teeth, but that's how it goes any time there's a life decision to make. Anyway, sometime, hopefully within the next few months, we will be TTC, and I know I'll be peeking in and stalking y'all's pee sticks, so I just wanted to re-introduce myself to the TTC forum and warn you all about my impending arrival.

Advertisement

Old 12-01-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
FerventlyDreaming
Registered Users
seller

Re: I'm on the fence. :)

I was there for months and finally the other day DH said lets go ahead with NTNP. With DS two we tried hard to get pregnant as fast as possible and I know DH is not up for that again. I on the other hand feel like I am going a little nuts here. Now that he said he is okay with it I want it to be NOW.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:53 PM   #3
MommaTel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My hubby was in the air, and a lil hesitant, when he came around he literally just one night said "Ok, let's have a smurf." (I responded as long as he/she didn't come out blue I was a go) I wasn't expecting it, I was pretty well settled that I was done having children, not we are TTC#3, hope to see you here soon! G/L!
MommaTel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:11 PM   #4
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Lol. Love it!! My dh is a cpa, and notorious for making spread sheets for everything under the sun, so I made him a spread sheet of potential due dates, dd2's ages at said due dates, wether we would have to pay 2 deductibles, and color coded to avoid tax season. Lol. He hasn't looked at it yet.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
SimplySophisticated
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
Lol. Love it!! My dh is a cpa, and notorious for making spread sheets for everything under the sun, so I made him a spread sheet of potential due dates, dd2's ages at said due dates, wether we would have to pay 2 deductibles, and color coded to avoid tax season. Lol. He hasn't looked at it yet.
That's great! I just talked my husband into having another. We'll be on this board in about 6 months or so. Going to get Mirena removed after the holidays & going on the pill until my daughter's 4th birthday. That way she'll be pushing 5 when baby is born & my son will be 3. Good luck on the persuasion! It might take a while, but I'm sure with a nice spread sheet, he can't turn you down.
SimplySophisticated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:39 PM   #6
PineapplePi
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy
Mine's not a CPA, but our friends make jokes about how we couldn't tie our own shoes without a spreadsheet! I asked DH to run the numbers on various scenarios so we could have that information at hand when we got ready to talk about it. It did help him get on board.

I especially like the "avoiding tax season" part. LOL! I strategically avoided being super pregnant during the summer months because being hot makes me super cranky.

Always got my eyes out for something new and interesting to add to my compost heap
PineapplePi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #7
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

we are also on the fence. We've avoided until now. I think DH is ready but unsure. I think in this new cycle we might try.
Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DH is having issues connecting that planning to TTC now is basically giving us a YEAR before baby is actually here. He even said so, laughing that he's done this twice and still can't get it in his head.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #9
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fancy Pansy View Post
Hilarious! I made up a list of pros and cons of waiting versus having one now, financial obligations, etc. Took me a little bit of convincing to get DH to agree. He always wanted more than 2, he just wanted to wait a little bit. I had IUD removed when DD2 was 8 - 9 months, I was just about ready then but he wanted to wait a while. I nagged about it for a few months, but as soon as I dropped it for a few months he told me he was ready. He mentioned it directly after spending the day with DD2, said she was an excellent saleswoman.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:57 PM   #10
The Fancy Pansy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

haha. Love the part about the "saleswoman"

DH's best friend just told him that he and his new wife are going to start TTC and I think it's pushing him over. His friend is basically telling him we should too. LOL. Plus my best friend just found out she is pregnant. It would be so fun to have babies all together!