Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-30-2011, 09:30 AM   #201
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Re: Due Aug. '11 - December chat

Jennifer- oh he's such a cutie!

B- thanks! I can't believe it either! whoo hoo for rolling!! I am looking forward to Evan getting a chance to start too. Decorations are coming down this wknd here at MIL's.

Naomi- yay for getting the rooms rearanged ! I am just donating my small stuff to a friend who's due soon. I'm too lazy to list it all... lol

Sabrina- whoo hoo for dh getting a job! I understand about the comute though. I am thrilled that my dh is only minutes away for the first time in a long time. He starts his job Tuesday. fx that you will be able to move soon.

Crystal- we are just planning on all getting together at bil's house and playing cards, wii, movies, etc. nothing big.

Today we are going to continue to work at the house. My neice helped out last night, and again today. Hopefully I will have all the dishes put away and kitchen organized. then it's on to the office/craftroom. better get busy!!! Have a great day and wknd !!!

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2011, 01:11 PM   #202
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
We wont do anything for New Years. Our kids get up too early to get to stay up late (they'd still get up early) and I'm not giving up my sleep right now. Dh will stay home as he is a hermit.

Hope whoever will be out is safe this weekend!!

Sent from my iPhone 4s

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 03:58 PM   #203
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Decorations are down.. I was going to wait until tomorrow or sunday. but I was tired of looking at them. lol

Levi started rolling the other day. I got a video of it on my FB.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:25 PM   #204
katengrace
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like everyone had a great xmas! We did...nice and quiet just like I like it.

Brynn still isn't rolling...doesn't even try. She is just content to lay on her back or tummy and smile. She is starting to sit though with the Boppy behind her. I think she will sit unassisted before she rolls. Fine with that dd1 walked before she crawled. In her own time I guess!

We are staying in for New Years. Neighbors invited us over, but last year we stayed past midnight and I'm just not in the mood to deal with 4 cranky kids the next day.

Is anyone still swaddling? Brynn refuses to sleep unswaddled and I'm starting to wonder if it's keeping her from rolling over. I have no idea how to wean her from it. She flips out if I lay her in her crib unswaddled.

Oh, although we haven't been to her 4 month appt. yet when we went last week for her ear infection she weighed 15.1 lbs! Holy moly chub!
Old 12-30-2011, 07:31 PM   #205
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Harper is still swaddled. She is such a light sleeper that every little noise startles her and she wakes. We use a halo swaddle sack or a swaddle me because otherwise she gets loose! And I'm sure she weighs more than Brynn... She was 14.8 in Nov.

Nathan was swaddled until about 6 months, when he moved into the crib.

Sent from my iPhone 4s

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 11:42 PM   #206
estradaamyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Decorations came down the day after Christmas. my house is too small for all the clutter.

Caspian is still swaddled. He looks ridiculous because he's huge, but he sleeps better. He has 1 tooth and it is a sharp little fang! He's been loving his Sophie the giraffe he got for Christmas.

Izzy turns 5 tomorrow. It doesn't seem possible. I finished sewing her birthday crown and a new cord jumper tonight. Talk about last minute, right?
estradaamyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:18 PM   #207
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by katengrace View Post
Sounds like everyone had a great xmas! We did...nice and quiet just like I like it.

Brynn still isn't rolling...doesn't even try. She is just content to lay on her back or tummy and smile. She is starting to sit though with the Boppy behind her. I think she will sit unassisted before she rolls. Fine with that dd1 walked before she crawled. In her own time I guess!

We are staying in for New Years. Neighbors invited us over, but last year we stayed past midnight and I'm just not in the mood to deal with 4 cranky kids the next day.

Is anyone still swaddling? Brynn refuses to sleep unswaddled and I'm starting to wonder if it's keeping her from rolling over. I have no idea how to wean her from it. She flips out if I lay her in her crib unswaddled.

Oh, although we haven't been to her 4 month appt. yet when we went last week for her ear infection she weighed 15.1 lbs! Holy moly chub!
Leviis swaddled. Jake was until he was 7 months old. I'm thinking of weaning him though because he's just huge and I'm tired of rewrapping him. withjake, I just put him in the crib and took the blanket off him all at once... it worked. lol

but with levi being that he's stuck in our room, I'm thinking of doing it slower. lol I hear one arm, do that for for a couple days, the next arm, do that for a couple days, ETC until it's off them completely, but I'm scared. lol

I don't think it has anything to do with the rolling as Levi rolls while he's swaddled. (real safe, I know.lol)

So I've been playing around with solids just a tiny bit...

Done with that. Last night was Levi's worst night since EVER. I blame the veggie I gave him yesterday. UGH. He literally would sleep for an hour then wake up screaming! then be up for a couple hours being between crying or wanting to eat or just wiggling EVERYWHERE.. he's never done that before. I'm so tired. Needless to say I won't be up at midnight tonight. lol

Last edited by jenn5388; 12-31-2011 at 12:22 PM.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2012, 01:10 AM   #208
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Happy New Year, ladies! I guess we will need a new thread in the morning.
Maverick is also still swaddled. I have SwaddleMes and a Miracle Blanket. I am thinking of getting a Big Baby Woombie in the next Co-op in February.
He finally rolled from tummy to back the other day. He doesn't get a lot of floor time since DD cannot leave him alone and he is therefore, unsafe on the floor. The first time he did it, he seemed shocked. Now, he just does it immediately upon being put on the floor.
He loves his Jumperoo now, even though he doesn't jump much yet. He just sits there and kind of moves around and bats at the toys.

Well, I am heading to bed! See you all on the new thread!