Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 PM   #21
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: ATTS: DECEMBER 1, 2011

I need to still do my intro!

I'm 31, a hairdresser, and I have four minions. They are 3,5, 7, and 10. I've been married for 11 years to my high school sweetheart. My hobbies are scrapbooking, knitting, crocheting, and I LOVE to read. I am currently obsessed with the Black Dagger Brotherhood series, and the Fallen Angel series, both by J.R. Ward. They are paranormal romance novels. I love where I work, renting a chair in a beautiful small salon owned by my good friend. I work two long days a week, and some Saturdays.. I wish I could send my kids to a Christian school, or homeschool them, but DH is not for it. We are pretty conservative, but easygoing too..

I came from a spaced out family of 3 girls, and I'm the oldest. I never thought I'd want a large family, but now that we are growing one, I couldn't be happier. The only thing better will be grandbabies some day.

Advertisement

Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:07 PM   #22
shootingstarlet
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi ladies! I absolutely love reading everyone's intros! Here's mine:
My name is Katie and I am 28 years old. I live in a small town in Southern Indiana where I have lived my whole life. I have been married for 5 years now to my high school sweetheart. I am currently a SAHM to the most amazing 19 month old little boy, but was a kindergarten teacher for 5 years. I am actually looking for another teaching job at the moment I am learning to be crafty and have started my own hairbow business in my spare time, Hoosier Designs. I love to read and am learning how to cook these days. I come from a family of 4 kids all spaced 18 months apart and although I love my siblings, it was not a joy growing up that close together. I am hoping for just one more child, especially a girl if I could get so lucky. Becoming a mommy has been a bumpy ride for me, but I cannot imagine life without my little guy!
Old 12-01-2011, 07:39 PM   #23
LSwinson12
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyoly82 View Post
I love reading about every one!! Someone said they were a trauma nurse (avahsmomma) that's my dream job. Well that or NICU. I'm hoping to go back to nursing school after our next baby. I was a medic in the army. I loved every moment! For now I just live vicariously through DH lol.

Today has been interesting. I've had to wear a pad because of all the cm. it's a weird sticky texture, not at all stretchy but there's so much it looks like lotion (tmi sorry!) my lower abdomen is so sore and when I try and go to the bathroom it hurts. I've been constipated the last couple of days which is weird because I work like a clock and my boobs are on fire! I told DH that if I'm not prego I'm going to find mother nature and punch her in the face for being so mean! So tomorrow is 9dpo is that too early to test???
That sounds pretty dang promising girl!!!!!
Lora: Wife To Clint & Mama to Cooper (5) and Nash (3). TTC #3!

When those hard times come, love will bring you right back -Zion I
Swinson Studios | Personal Blog
My Chart

LSwinson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 07:48 PM   #24
Green Decals
Registered Users
Formerly: mumma1010
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymdenise View Post
I came from a spaced out family of 3 girls, and I'm the oldest. I never thought I'd want a large family, but now that we are growing one, I couldn't be happier. The only thing better will be grandbabies some day.
Sorry I couldn't help myself, I came from a spaced out family too, but only have 1 brother who is 2 years older than me.

As for my intro... My name is Elizabeth and I am an (HPT) addict. I am 29, my DH is 34 and we have been married for almost 6 years. We have 2 little guys, one is 5 and the other is 2. They could not be more opposite! One looks like DH's twin, the other looks like my twin, one was a hospital birth, preterm, 6 pounds, blue eyes... The other was a homebirth, on my due date, 10+ pounds, brown eyes... They keep us busy, that's for sure! We also lost a spontaneous triplet pregnancy just before conceiving DS2. Twins run heavily in both of our families, but 3 was a real shock. We are wannabe homesteaders doing the urban homesteading thing on our city plot here in beautiful New England. I am a SAHM and DH cut back to 3.5 days a week of work so that he can split wood, make soap, and watch our sons grow up. In the last 8 years we have transitioned from a 2-income, consumerist lifestyle to a 1-income, radical homemaker lifestyle. We live really well and love it. We raise chickens for meat and eggs, grow our own veggies, and someday hope to have those 100 acres somewhere. I love to sew, knit, paint, fabric stencil, and do vinyl art. I haven't been here on DS in a long while, as we ECed our boys and have been out of the diapering phase for almost a year. I am going through yet another minimalist purge in an effort to de-clutter and pay off a hospital bill from a little crafting accident that I had recently, and logged on to sell a bunch of stuff, then ended up in a huge hormonal mess with my crazy cycle thanks to BFing. So, I ended up here, among the rest of you, 2 weeks and 50 HPTs later. Oh yeah, and I have the absolute worst luck in the world, truly, and always have, which has caused me to become an incredible cynic with a twisted sense of humor.
Green Decals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #25
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

KYM IS PREGGO!!! Anyone who hasn't looked at her squinter thread go do it now

Andy, you are next I feel it. Kym's test was 9dpo so....DEFINITELY test tomorrow!!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:29 PM   #26
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen
KYM IS PREGGO!!! Anyone who hasn't looked at her squinter thread go do it now

Andy, you are next I feel it. Kym's test was 9dpo so....DEFINITELY test tomorrow!!
I will let you guys know tomorrow morning bright and early!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:53 PM   #27
JCPACandMommy
Registered Users
seller

Congrats kym Looks PREGGO!!!!!
FX for you Andrea!!
AFM: Im 5dpo and anxiously awaiting testing time!!
I just love getting to know all you mamas out there! This is amazing!

HI! Im Carissa and I'm 30 soon to be 31 in Jan! I live in the Middle of the USA...In Kansas, by Ft. Riley Army Base. I have been married to my DH Scott for 4 years now in Oct! We have a Spit Fire little boy Aiden who is 3.5 will be 4 in April! I love spending time with my family but my job as Physician Assistant keeps me very busy caring and making other's better! I work in a Rural Health Clinic and After Hours Clinic three days a week for 13 hour shifts so don't get home till 11pm and miss my little guy going to bed and spending time with him, buy my DH does bring him by work everynight so I can see him a little bit at least! I've been trying to get the hours cut back to close at 8pm instead so FX that might happen in the future! I envy all you mama's that get to WFH or SAH with your kiddos but I do love my job...It gives me great satisfaction in life to help people!
We are trying to conceive #2 and if successful or When Successful I will take at least 12 weeks off to stay at home as that is what I did with DS!
I have am becoming pretty crafty and trying new stuff all the time! I like to Crochet, Make Jewelry, learning to sew!, Take some photography as a hobby, and LOVE to sing and dance!
Well enough about me! Was so nice to find out so much about those fellow mamas! FX for everyone!!
Carissa~ Married to my Bestfriend and Soulmate Scott and Mommy to Aiden (04/10/08) TTC #2 after the loss of Blighted Ovum and Ectopic on Rt Ovary(10/25/12) and Blighted Ovum (07/28/13)
planning to and #2
Expecting our RAINBOW July 16, 2014!

My Ovulation Chart
JCPACandMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:08 PM   #28
zacifer
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by avahsmomma View Post
I've always loved the name Felicity
So, funny story.....on our FIRST date, my DH was telling me about a friend of his who had just had a daughter and named her something horrible. WE were both feeling sorry for the poor child when DH mentioned he would NEVER do that to a girl and would name her something beautiful like Felicity. Weird silence....that was my fav girl name. SO.....when we got serious, which was VERY soon after that first date, we always knew if we had a girl one day, her name would be Felicity. NINE years later, our little red headed Felicity joined our family. It was surreal at first to be saying her name. We'd waited so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
Kym! I am so excited ..... heading over there now ...
CONGRATS!!!!!
Jenny, where on the Central Coast do you live? I miss it.
I live near San Luis Obispo. But I think I saw that you lived in SB for a while yes? That's where I spent the first half of my life. I was born at Goleta Valley hospital, as was my mother. But I LOVE San Luis Obispo county!

Quote:
I will let you guys know tomorrow morning bright and early!
YAY!!!! Can't wait to hop on here and see!!!!!!!

One tid bit I forgot to add in my introduction is that I think my sister and I just decided to take the plunge and become doulas!!!! I'm so excited.....I can't believe I failed to mention that here on this board of birth loving mamas. It will be a slow process as our mentor isn't certified in the US to certify others she's trained yet. So she'll get certified here first and then will train and certify us. In the mean time, we are reading things assigned to us by her and will go to training seminars in the future. The slow go at it works great with having kids and wanting more. She also wants me to teach birth classes and be lactation help for her clients and both REALLY excite me. Both are also easier to schedule in to our family routine than a birth. I do feel convicted to just BE home so want to go at it easy, but I'm super excited about where this path will lead.
zacifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #29
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
Yay mama cloth! I love mine. I have a Diva Cup but don't like it. I like The Keeper and like that much much better. They look exactly the same, but something about the flexibility of The Keeper makes it much more comfortable. I use mama cloth made by DS Mama Doodlebrainette. It is minky and so soft. I have also tried (and love) Homestead Emporium, Pink Lemonade and Gem Cloth. I think Gem Cloth has some great starter sets for not very much cash. Love her stuff. (Also a DS Mama.)

I was thinking ... we all chat every day but don't know much about each other. I was wondering if people wanted to do a brief introduction along with their updates today! I'll start ...

I'm Camilla. I'm 29 years old and have one son who is 14.5 months. I've been married to my wonderful physicist DH, Eric, for 4.5 years. I'm from Richmond VA but live in Northern VA (near DC) and my heart belongs in California (lived in Santa Barbara for two years). I work full time at a non profit organization in the DC area, called Year Up. We teach 18-24 year olds from low income families, and they get college credits and an internship with our program. I'm the academic manager for the program and used to teach too. (It's really rewarding, but it's hard, and I miss my son during the day.) In my free time (not much of it), I love to cook, paint, write, and sometimes sew. I also have a furbaby puggle (pug beagle mix) named Leela. She is a sweetheart. My dream is to one day write a novel and retire early, live in a big old restored farmhouse with a beautiful kitchen, and cook and sew all the time. With my two (or three) kids, and many dogs.
Nice to meet you! I love the intros! I have the diva cup as well and it's not very comfy. I'm going to try a Keeper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avahsmomma View Post
I like reading about other people, good idea Camilla

I'm 27 years old. I have a 2 year old, an 18 month old, and a baby in Heaven. My DH and I have an interesting history. The short version is we were friends, but he was interested in dating and I was not. He tried for four years (finally I gave in!) and we married soon after.

I used to be a trauma nurse, but now I stay at home with my kids and I have an Etsy shop on the side. I'm passionate about photography and dancing. We are city people who recently relocated to farm country.

AND... I think I O'd so can I be moved to the dreaded 2WW? Thanks!
I'm a nurse as well and just recently getting into trauma. I love it. It's addicting. I love the fast pace and never knowing what's going to come in the door. I always thought I wanted to be a midwife and started going to school to get my midwifery degree but recently have been considering staying in trauma.

Quote:
I love reading about every one!! Someone said they were a trauma nurse (avahsmomma) that's my dream job. Well that or NICU. I'm hoping to go back to nursing school after our next baby. I was a medic in the army. I loved every moment! For now I just live vicariously through DH lol.

Today has been interesting. I've had to wear a pad because of all the cm. it's a weird sticky texture, not at all stretchy but there's so much it looks like lotion (tmi sorry!) my lower abdomen is so sore and when I try and go to the bathroom it hurts. I've been constipated the last couple of days which is weird because I work like a clock and my boobs are on fire! I told DH that if I'm not prego I'm going to find mother nature and punch her in the face for being so mean! So tomorrow is 9dpo is that too early to test???
ohh, sounds good! Test in the am!! Keep us posted!!

AFM: Well my first AF since our loss only lasted 3 days. soooo not sure what's up with my cycle. We might sit out this cycle and try again next month so I can get back to normal. I'm thinking about trying Maca or Fertilaid to try to get my hormones back in order. I hate the waiting game!

My intro: I'm 26 and have been married for almost 5 years now. We have 2 girls, ages 2 and 4 this month I never thought I wanted more than 2 children but we were surprised to get pregnant with our third. After we got really excited about it and started planning, at 15 weeks we lost our sweet baby. Now we know we would love to have a third baby so here we are
I love to knit, cloth diaper, spin yarn on my wheel, homebirth, breastfeed, attachment parenting.

Last edited by Edensmomma; 12-01-2011 at 10:28 PM.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #30
AniMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

My name is Laura. I have one 16 month old. The hubs and I have been married for 5 years. I'm 12 dpo, today at work I kept smelling hard boiled eggs that no one else could smell andnI had to empty my trash.

I'm about to do a hpt before I go to bed. post results in AM
AniMommy is offline   Reply With Quote