Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #21
Greenebean214
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell

Keep us posted on what works for you (and what doesn't!) We're definitely here for support.

AFM - I feel strange lately. I'm wondering if starting solids and my milk supply changing has affected hormone levels or something. I feel really irritated all the time. It's difficult, especially when DS isn't sleeping well. I get really frustrated. I get frustrated at DS. I get frustrated at DH. I get frustrated at the dog. I don't have the same patience I did in the first 5-6 months. Has this happened to anyone else? I fear it means my hormones are changing to the point that my period will return. What a glorious year and some months it's been without having a period (minus the postpartum stuff.) Anyhow, that's where I am.
Here too! I blame lack of sleep and AF!! My energy reserves are drained, too.
Things are alright here, Liberty is starting to get on all fours and rock. She doesn't care for solids much and she Has become a restless sleeper. She has never been a good Sleeper/napper, but lately it's a joke. Every two hours is getting old! She loves attention and Is a nosy Nelly just like her Mommy

Advertisement

Welcomed Liberty Grace May 12, 2011!
Greenebean214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #22
Zookeeper
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell
A little funny side note: The other day I was in desperate need of mommy alone time (got some today by going to work...of all things) and started thinking about how great it was being pregnant because everyone was concerned with how you were doing and held doors open for you, etc. I think I need some coddling. Or a massage.
Sign me up for some coddling too! AND a massage

~Rachel
Old 12-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #23
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: *May 2011 Mamas - December Chat*

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliabell View Post
On that same note, my control switch is being thrown these days by DS ROLLING ON HIS TUMMY TO SLEEP. I know that once they can roll, there's not much you can do about it. He used to do it in the early morning and only sleep a few hours like that (I rationalized that was okay in my head and totally different from a whole night.) But now he just flops himself over and goes to sleep. I go back and forth between thinking "oh good, he's asleep and now I can sleep" and "OH MY GOD HE'S GOING TO DIE." (Hello, overstatement.) Anyone else living this?
Oh my goodness, you're not the only one! My DH was always teasing me. When DD first started rolling over around 4 months she wanted to sleep on her belly right away. I would also let her get away with it during the early morning but if it was right at bedtime (that must just be a mom instinct lol, it made me laugh to see that you do the same thing!), I'd roll her back over. I wake up all the time to listen to her breathing. It's okay. I'm okay with that.

Quote:
A little funny side note: The other day I was in desperate need of mommy alone time (got some today by going to work...of all things) and started thinking about how great it was being pregnant because everyone was concerned with how you were doing and held doors open for you, etc. I think I need some coddling. Or a massage.
This! Yes, please! Now no one wants to be sweet and helpful anymore and all they want to do is give you advice and ask if your baby's sleeping through the night and eating rice cereal.

Last edited by justineybean; 12-17-2011 at 09:17 PM.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 09:19 PM   #24
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenebean214 View Post
Here too! I blame lack of sleep and AF!! My energy reserves are drained, too.
Things are alright here, Liberty is starting to get on all fours and rock. She doesn't care for solids much and she Has become a restless sleeper. She has never been a good Sleeper/napper, but lately it's a joke. Every two hours is getting old! She loves attention and Is a nosy Nelly just like her Mommy
Awww hi! Missed you lately! DD is also not a great sleeper these days. I hope it works itself out for you guys soon!!
Old 12-18-2011, 05:41 PM   #25
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
But now he just flops himself over and goes to sleep. I go back and forth between thinking "oh good, he's asleep and now I can sleep" and "OH MY GOD HE'S GOING TO DIE." (Hello, overstatement.) Anyone else living this?
Oh. yes. When DS was in the crib by himself, I would frequently wake up to find him not only on his stomach but he had also crammed his head into the corner and wedged himself against the side! I think it was probably in attempt to feel secure/cuddled, but it still freaked me out! I still check his breathing constantly, I'm terrified of SIDS even though there were only (sadly) 6 SIDS deaths in my state last year and none of them were BFed.

RE: stuff in crib - DS has not taken to any one lovey-type thing yet. I keep a few things in the area that he only goes when he plays, but not much. Some nights I put him in a wearable blanket or sleep sack, other nights I just share mine and tuck it under his arms.

So far I haven't actually changed anything about our sleep habits besides when we go to sleep. Last night we had him out late (went to a Christmas show) and while he slept some during the show, we didn't get to bed until after 11 and we all slept like rocks! I definitely think part of my problem was trying to put him down for the night too early--instead of like one more nap, then bed. The show was fun and DS actually enjoyed watching the people on stage, I surprised DH with front row tickets, we had a great time Side note, totally nursed DS in my seat while the show was going on, wonder what the performers thought (if they even noticed)...
Old 12-18-2011, 07:07 PM   #26
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

cherrycoke - DD doesn't have a particular lovey that she prefers yet either. I was just curious about you guys. DS never really latched onto anything. I wondered if it was something I did (or didn't do) but really I just think it's his personality. I was just so attached to my loveys when I was little (ahem, well until I was married )!

Well at least you had a small victory with sleep!! That's a good idea to try some different things and see how they affect your DS's night. DD never really goes to bed before about 8:45 or 9:00 and sometimes around 10:00 still. We get up around 7-7:15 and she takes about 3 naps a day (morning, afternoon, night - all around 45 minutes or less and sometimes naps more often for shorter amounts of time). I think as they get older, there will be earlier bedtimes (IME).
Old 12-20-2011, 04:59 PM   #27
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well, my brother, SIL, and nephew are in town for the holidays before they get stationed in Japan for two years, so I'm not planning on drastically changing sleep habits while they're here. DS has been going to bed between 6:30 and 7, which is nice when I work because I'll just go to sleep too, but not terribly convenient for visiting or doing anything in the evenings really. While we have holiday craziness, I'm not making plans or charting, we're going with the flow and I'll keep reading (downloaded "No Cry" to my Kindle), and we'll get to work once life has settled back down. I don't want to start anything that I couldn't be consistent with
Old 12-21-2011, 06:06 AM   #28
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like a great plan -- I wouldn't want to mess that up either! I dream of the days my kids will go to bed before I do. I always crash right after they go to bed. I knit for about 5 minutes before I start to fade and set it down. Don't wanna poke anybody's eye out with a knitting needle. Have fun with your brother and his family!
Old 12-21-2011, 07:12 AM   #29
cherrycoke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was looking at my ravelry page the other day and I'm pretty sure that I have more finished projects from after DS was born than before, LOL! Although I think part of that is due to me picking easier/faster projects now...
Old 12-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #30
doodah
Registered Users
seller

I barely figured out this is where we are supposed to go now.....so Sydney is 7 months along with most of the other babies and is not "doing" a thing yet, not sitting up even though both big sisters were by this time. She does sleep great though. 12 hours with only one night nursing, sometimes an additional paci check or diaper change. I'll take the sleeping she does roll everywhere, fast log rolling straight under the Christmas tree.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote