Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #1
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

Why am I so itchy all over?

I woke up this morning feeling super itchy all over. My back, my arms, my thighs, under my breasts. I was fine yesterday, and I haven't changed anything in my personal care routine, diet, or laundry. I can't figure this out. I'm hoping a shower in the morning will improve the situation.

Advertisement

dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
Tris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why am I so itchy all over?

Are you drinking enough water? It might be an extra intake day
Old 04-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #3
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Could be Pupps. Is it a rash or just an itch? I had Pupps with my triplet pregnancy. It wasn't fun, but it did go away. Call your doctor if you have any question. I had to go to a dermatologist to get a diagnosis.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #4
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

Hmmm... maybe I need more water. I was super busy today, and I'm not sure I drank enough. No rash, just itchy. I just saw my MW a few days ago, and everything looked good. I will call her if it doesn't clear up in a day or so.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #5
firststella
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I don't want to scare you, just be aware there's a pregnancy liver condition that is manifested by itching first on extremities and then proximally. It might not be good for baby too.
BUT this condition is rare! It might just be because you didn't drink or hormon-related.
I had the same problem two months ago (I'm due in may) and my obgyn had me tested for those liver enzymes just to be sure since anti-itching creams were not helping.
Hope you will get better soon!
firststella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:31 PM   #6
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

I just googled PUPPS (What did we ever do without Dr. Google?). I don't think that's what it is.

Lol, firststella! That is SO not what I wanted to hear right before bed. I think I will watch it for a day or so, and see what happens. My MW doesn't care how many questions I ask, or anything else, so I may just send off an email to see what she thinks it if is still bothering me tomorrow.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #7
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Are you prone to unusual medical issues? If so I would also go to a dermatologist. I always have strange medical issues and I found skipping the middle man easier with things like this.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #8
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 ladybugs View Post
Are you prone to unusual medical issues? If so I would also go to a dermatologist. I always have strange medical issues and I found skipping the middle man easier with things like this.
Nope. No unusual medical issues.

I am still itchy this morning, but cannot really see anything unusual on my skin to be the reason for it.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #9
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

I get super itchy every pg. Like scratch until I bleed itchy. But it comes and goes. Dh complains b/c he's always scratching my back too. lol No rashes, just itchy, especially on my ankles. I would just ask the MW. I think I read somewhere with my first pg that itchy skin is pretty normal.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:12 AM   #10
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i read it is a low amount of zinc in the system. I too get really itchy in pregnancy and it comes and goes. try a vitamin with zinc in it or a lozenge and see if that helps. if you had spots of red you can put on zinc oxide