Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #11
happymom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had to reply. I found out I was pregnant with dd. our third baby a few days before Christmas. When hubby and two boys got their stocking Christmas morning there was an extra sock on the fireplace that said "Baby 2007 " on the sock. Now that was a present !!!!!

Advertisement

happymom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:55 PM   #12
g-offsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Re: If you BFP before Christmas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainfall View Post
Yes, we're hoping for a BFP before our family Christmas get-together. I think I'm going to sign the cards "DH, me, DS1, DD, DS2, and baby-to-be" and see who gets it first.
We did this with DS. We found out we were preggo 1 week before Mother's Day, so we sent both of our moms a bouquet of flowers with a card that said "Happy Mother's Day Grandma! Love, DH, me, and Baby K." It was the first grandbaby on both sides, it was so fun to get their phone calls after receiving their flowers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymom View Post
I had to reply. I found out I was pregnant with dd. our third baby a few days before Christmas. When hubby and two boys got their stocking Christmas morning there was an extra sock on the fireplace that said "Baby 2007 " on the sock. Now that was a present !!!!!
LOVE LOVE this idea, so cute!! We have our anatomy scan next week but will have them seal up the gender in an envelope so we can open it up Christmas day with all our family and find out together.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to keep this one under wraps as long as I can. I think it would be neat to hold out until Valentine's day. That would put me at 14 weeks. As this is our 5th, we are going to get a good share of snarky comments and I just don't want to deal. I love hearing your ideas though
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:08 PM   #14
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
I was hoping to tell DH's family at Thanksgiving, but not tell everyone right away. Just leave a positive test in the bathroom and wait for someone to find it. I thought it would have been hilarious to take an empty beer bottle, fill it with applejuice and even tell people 'look, if I were pregnant, would I be drinking all this beer? It must be DH's cousin.' Or something. Not sure what I'll do if we get it before Christmas. An ornament hidden discreetly on the tree, for Mom to find as she takes it apart the week after?
Duuuuuuuuude.. too funny!
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:28 PM   #15
lalakiwi7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i think all my tears of joy would give it away I wouldn't be able to keep it a secret.... I remember trying before last christmas I af started Christmas day.

20 months of ttc has made me an emotional sap.... I think based on my cycle I should be able to get a BFP just in time for my hubby's b-day... the 27th.... maybe this year it will work. I am still hoping and praying!
Liesl-(like Sound of Music.) ER Nurse Practitioner part time. Full time wifey to my highschool sweetheart and mommy to DS-2006 (adopted) and DD-2009 (biobaby). We love Jesus! Until the day we meet again missing our three babies 7/2011;11/2011; DS-7/2012. THANKFUL to be After 3 years and 3 losses with our #2 biobaby RAINBOW IT"S A BOY!! Expected 8/2013
lalakiwi7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:32 PM   #16
ambie719
Registered Users
seller
seller

I won't be testing until xmas (if I can hold out), I'll tell DH obviously but no, we wouldn't tell family even if I found out a few days before xmas. I just had my second m/c in Oct, so I am not the type to tell anyone early anymore.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:03 PM   #17
Haleybailey
Registered Users
seller

I will definatly tell DH asap. I have a little onesie that say I Love Daddy and a Daddy book that I will give to him the day we get our BFP. If Its before Christmas I have little onesies that say "I love my Auntie", "I love my Grandma" etc... that I will have them all open on christmas at the same time. Let me tell you, It was hard to find 6 different I love my auntie shirts! I'll only tell my parents, MIL, sisters, SIL and my 2 best friends until 12 weeks. Depending on how Im feeling is when Ill tell my boss, Im sure she'll figure it out!
Hi I'm Haley, wife to Joel. TTC #1 With PCOS. Going through acupunctureand clomid to build our family! Cloth diapering, tandem baby wearing and signing Nanny to baby D & M (Sept 2012)
Haleybailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:26 PM   #18
cristy_1996
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think we would tell everyone for sure.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/CristyGriffith
cristy_1996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:45 PM   #19
luvn_my_boys
Registered Users

I got a bfp this morning & we plan on telling b4 Christmas, just trying to figure out how! I'm afraid of snarky comments! :/
Old 12-03-2011, 11:36 PM   #20
jacquelinemarie82
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I would love to get a positive by Christmas. I probably wouldn't tell at the family gathering but would tell a few very close friends/family who I know could keep a secret. I think I would wait until Jan to tell people. I would be a little nervous to tell so soon at like 5 or 6 weeks along.

I would love to wait until Valentine's Day so I could send out a cute big sister card from our dd.
jacquelinemarie82 is offline   Reply With Quote