Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Is it bad etiquette to:

I always price low, for two reasons... for one thing, I obviously can't use this diaper anymore so it needs to be sold asap so I can fund another diaper that my girls can use. I want it outta here! Also, I want to give another mama a break - sometimes CD'ing can get costly, too, especially if you're like me and have had lots of trouble getting a good fit, or finding something suitable for your heavy wetter, or your baby suddenly develops sensitivities to wetness and such.

I've never asked for more than I paid. More often than not, I take a loss.

Advertisement

Old 12-04-2011, 12:09 PM   #12
lalaith
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't ever do it, I find it... distasteful.
and the joy my munchkin brings!
lalaith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:34 PM   #13
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've never done it, I usually list for less than what I paid, even if I never used it because it doesn't seem to sell. I've pretty much lost a lot of money here, but I've come to terms with it. It took me a while to find out the system that works for us, and if we have more babies, then I won't need to try everything all over again.

I did see a FFS item I sent out that was sold by someone else for $15! I was kind of glad that no one knew where it came from because I sold it FFS because it was the first wool soaker I made and I thought it was pretty awful. Glad someone liked it though. :-)
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #14
coffeemama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont think I have done it intentionally but, I have bought so many items on FSOT that I have no way of knowing exactly what I paid. Personally I wont pay new price for an item from anyone other than a retailer just for warranty reasons, BUT I dont think it is wrong for someone to sell for a higher price. Nobody is making someone buy it from you that is the buyers choice what they pay. You have the right to ask what you want and someone else has the right to pay what they want (even though I think the high demand diapers and their prices are crazy, but dont think it is bad etiquette)
Old 12-04-2011, 01:27 PM   #15
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yeah I don't think I have ever intentionally done it either. But I have been b/s/ting for over 7 years and it gets hard to keep up lol. But I think you should sell it for whatever is fair.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
kalibratx4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I dont b/s/t to make a profit but I do b/s/t a lot and don't remember day to day what where i got each diaper, unless of course they were cb wl/lc sales. So I list things by common price based on condition, but will most always accept a reasonable offers. I like to see other Mamas get good deals too
kalibratx4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #17
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I really don't care what someone paid for something that I'm buying from fsot. honestly I don't think it is any of my business & would never ask. The only thing I care about is how much they want for it now. If I feel it's a fair price now then I'll buy it. If not I wont buy it.

I don't really keep track of what I've paid for stuff. I price my stuff at what people will pay for it. I'm sure I've priced things at more than I paid for them before. I don't see it as shady or distasteful. If a person does not like my price then they can keep looking. That said I've also priced stuff waaaaay lower than I paid to get it to move b/c I needed the $$ to buy something else.

I resell my kids' old outgrown diapers & clothes to fund bigger sizes.
Old 12-04-2011, 02:38 PM   #18
ebandive
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Also, some people have different motivations for selling. Some don't want to have to wait around so they price very low, or some are only willing to sell in a large lot.

Twice I have bought big lots that were really good deals when the mama wasn't willing to split. I really wanted just a few, not the whole lot. Both times I disclosed I didn't want or need the whole lot, but I'd relist what I didn't need. Neither mama had any problem with that- they just only wanted to deal with one buyer and one box. And obviously, I had to list them for more to cover shipping costs.

Plus, with anything FSOT, people almost always offer less than what you are asking. That is just part of it. And part of feeling like you (or they) get a good deal. I like being able to accept offers, so usually list for a little more than my lowest price.

I don't know. I just don't think it's a black and white issue. Unless you say in your listing that you want it passed on for the same price, I don't see why you'd get angry about it. I would never intentionally do this to someone- so I just hope they would disclose that when they list it instead of getting hurt feelings later.

The market is what the market is. And just about everything with cloth diapers you will take a loss on after shipping. Usually the "profit" I have made just goes to shipping. Very, very rarely have I actually made a $1 or $2.

Come SWAG with me! I'm earning $25 a month in amazon gift cards by searching and taking surveys!
ebandive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:11 PM   #19
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

I have bought diapers priced really low that needed major repairs, fixed them, LO wore them, and then resold them when he outgrew them or if the fit still wasn't right (he is really hard to find a good fit on !). I did sell some for more than I bought them, but still below going market price. I took into account how much time and money went into making them usable plus condition after my LO used them yet still giving the next Mama a good deal.

I've also seen diapers I have sold come up priced higher than what I sold them too. But you can't tell if they accepted a lower offer when they sell or trade by PM you know ! I have seen some diapers go way beyond new price because they are rare or unique although I can't imagine doing that!!
rumblepurr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #20
kazkirk
Registered Users
seller

Bunches of my diapers are from my registry, so heck yes Ill sell them for more than I paid for them!
kazkirk is offline   Reply With Quote