Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 AM   #1
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

*Update - done* Well, I think it's happening again. :(

Got a very faint BFP last night but had a little brown spotting yesterday afternoon and then bright red spotting right before bed. Woke up and took another FRER with FMU and a slightly darker BFP but when I checked cervical position, there was brown blood up there (presumably just the old red from last night). I've got AF like cramping this morning now and took a digital with the same FMU and it said NOT pregnant. AF is due any day now and I'm sure she's going to show up today. This is just like last month! Strong pregnancy symptoms for a week or two, light BFPs, negative digital, spotting, then AF.

How can this happen two months in a row? What is wrong with me? I've never had a problem holding onto babies before. I had my copper IUD taken out last month right before my first chemical. My OB swore they didn't have affects on future fertility but I just don't know.

Has anyone had two chemicals right in a row? Did you keep trying or take a break? Did you go on to have a healthy pregnancy? I'm so crushed and ticked off right now. I don't even know how to feel.

Oh, and I took my first FRER on 11/28 and didn't see a line, negative, and stuck it in my drawer. Then Friday 12/2 I took another FRER and thought I saw a hint of a line so I took it apart and I saw the second line. It got darker as it dried. Waited until yesterday 12/3 and took another and saw the 2nd line easy. But then I went back and took the very first one apart and held it up next to the one from Friday and there is definitely a very faint line on it. Soo...I've been technically testing + since 11/28. Digital says no today and with the spotting I'm guessing I'm out again.

*Update 12/5 - took another FRER this morning and still BFP. It looks like it might be a tiny bit darker, but the middle part of the line is lighter than the ends and I'm not sure what the heck that means (if anything). I called my OB and requested a beta HCG test, so her nurse is putting the orders in for that and hopefully I can do that today. I didn't have any more spotting yesterday and have had none today. I also woke up still nauseous, hot, and dizzy so I'm trying to be hopeful (but scared to be at the same time)!

Here are the pics from 12/3-12/5 (the tiny one at the top is FMU on 12/3. Don't mind the shaving hairs stuck on the tape. It fell into DH's sink when I tore it apart and my DH is messy. )

*Update - I got the blood results back and my levels were 15.1. The nurse said I must have JUST found out, because that's low. And I did, so that's ok I'm sure. My OB just called after I talked to the nurse and they want me to wait a week for another draw since the levels are so low and it won't show much in a couple of days. So...hoping I don't have any more cramping or spotting (or AF!) and I'll POAS in the morning to see if the line is still getting darker.

*Update 12/6 pm - started spotting red tonight. I'm just not feeling good about this, mamas. I'm still a little queasy and lightheaded/dizzy, but I haven't been wiped out tired in a couple of days like before. I've also had cramping on and off all day, and now the spotting. Pretty crushed and depressed. I might call my OB in the morning to see if she still wants me to wait until Monday (if AF hasn't shown by then) or if she wants me to come in for my 48 hr numbers. I'll push for it if my test in the morning looks promising. What could they do for me though if the numbers haven't doubled though? Anything even? This freakin sucks. I know some mamas have it much worse, and my gosh I can't even think about the pain some mamas have endured.

*Update 12/8 - well, I'm in limbo still. Had the dark red spotting and cramps the night of 12/6 and I called in to my Dr. yesterday about it since my HPT was even lighter yesterday morning. They were out of the office but the on-call nurse put a note in for a call back today. I talked to my nurse this morning a bit about it and she's going to update my OB and see if she'll want me in earlier for another beta. She asked me a lot about the cramping and spotting, so hopefully my OB will humor me and get me in sooner. I told the nurse I just want to know what's going on because I have no signs of AF right now, but the light BFPs are not convincing me things are going to be fine. Last month, I got AF within 3 days of my first BFP. Waiting sucks.

eta: Went in for a beta at 1pm. I should hear back by the end of the day.

*Update 12/9 -
Morning mamas. Beta from yesterday came back at 6. Nurse said they want me to come back next Thursday to make sure it's gone back to 0. I have a checkup appointment schedule with my OB for the 27th to go over whatever. Hopefully it's something easy they can find and fix.

I knew it was going to be bad news. I've been mourning it for days now. I just knew. I think I'm taking December off and just going to a NTNP approach until I can hopefully get some answers from my OB.

Good luck to all of you mamas! I hope everyone gets their BFPs for Christmas!

Advertisement

Earning FREE Amazon.com gift cards using Swagbucks!

Last edited by Rainfall; 12-09-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Rainfall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #2
andyoly82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
BIG I am do sorry. Honestly I really am not too much of a help but I had a chemical last month. It sucks. There is just no other word for it. Sucks. I am so sorry. I do have to agree with your dr the copper iud does not have any hormones or chemicals so it shouldn't affect your fertility. That being said everybody's body is different and maybe yours is still adjusting to regulating itself. Maybe you should make an apt with your dr and have your hormone levels checked. You might just need a little help getting regulated! Mama dont give up hope. My mother was told that he would never have babies because her endo was so bad. She only had one ovary that was very scared and one tube. She is now the proud mama of three beautiful and healthy girls! Anything is possible if we don't give up hope!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #3
sassknuckles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Well, I think it's happening again. :(

My friend keeps having this happen as well. So heartbreaking. She's going to get tested for low progesterone.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

The first test doesn't count if you didn't see a line till days later, so I wouldn't worry much about that one. Now the two from Friday and Saturday sound good, and today with tne getting darker. Digis for me havn't been as accurate as pink dye test. It might just be too soon, and spotting is ok and can be from implanting. (& for me, cramping is normal too in the first 8 weeks or so) Try not to worry too much at this point, but I'd make an Appt with your doctor for Monday for a beta draw. How many dpo are you?
Old 12-04-2011, 10:15 AM   #5
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Thanks, mamas. I'm not exactly sure how many DPO I am. I've been only keeping track of CF and O pains. I'm somewhere between 10-13 DPO by my best guess though. AF was due around yesterday, but with my chemical last month that could be off by a bit.

I keep going to the bathroom and checking for more blood and just have found brown so far. Ahhh, I'm so scared! I want to be so happy, but all I keep thinking is that this isn't going to end well.

Old 12-04-2011, 10:32 AM   #6
nikkilynn
Registered Users
seller

Location: Glad to be back in th PNW :) Allyn Wa to be exact!!
My Mood:

I had a chemical in sep after having my Merana (sp?) in early August. (Dh had just returned home in early sep so it was our first month trying) We then got pregnant the very next cycle and I am currently 9w3d preggo. When mine happened I wondered if it had to do with the trauma of having it taken out. I know it doesn't hurt and is easy but who know what really happens inside you know? Maybe some woman's uterus needs time to heal before it can sustain a healthy pregnancy I know some women have no problem so who knows. This is just my highly uneducated guess btw.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:42 AM   #7
Rainfall
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkilynn View Post
I had a chemical in sep after having my Merana (sp?) in early August. (Dh had just returned home in early sep so it was our first month trying) We then got pregnant the very next cycle and I am currently 9w3d preggo. When mine happened I wondered if it had to do with the trauma of having it taken out. I know it doesn't hurt and is easy but who know what really happens inside you know? Maybe some woman's uterus needs time to heal before it can sustain a healthy pregnancy I know some women have no problem so who knows. This is just my highly uneducated guess btw.
I remember your posts after I had my chemical last month! And when I got these BFPs, kept telling myself it'd work out just like yours did. I still hope it does.

My BFF is convinced it's because of my IUD, even though I had the copper one with no hormones or known side effects. She just keeps insisting she knows X number of people that all had m/c after IUD removals so I don't know what to think, really. If this is another chemical I don't know whether I want to try again or wait and give my insides healing time. *sigh*

Old 12-04-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had a horrible scare at about 5-6 weeks this time around. Had sharp pains and cramping, then blood, red too. I was so scared, I just kept testing. I never used a digital so I don't have experience with those. I actually had spotting off and on until 18 weeks. I have a blood pocket right over the cervix.

I hope everything is all right!!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #9
chayla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and I had my IUD, copper one, out on July 15th and ended up preggo by the 21st or 22nd that month. I don't know of one person who hasn't been able to conceive after IUD removal.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
kymdenise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I really hope it's just a super fluffy uterus thing, but I totally get the fear factor. I'll be watching your posts, and I'm saying a prayer for you.
Cautiously expecting number 5 in October
kymdenise is offline   Reply With Quote