Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2011, 04:07 PM   #1
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

2nd prenatal appt what to expect? *UPDATED*

Tomorrow morning I have my 2nd prenatal appt. I had my first exactly two weeks ago. I will be 8 weeks 6 days tomorrow. I've gotten my blood work done and vaginal u/s from an outside place my OB sent me to so i know she will have results from the tests and what not to go over tomorrow and I know she wanted me to bring in my prenatal vitamins so she could check them to make sure they are ok. I'm assuming it will still be to early to "hear" the heartbeat... which is a bummer but i did see it already from the u/s and it was perfect. What else can I expect from this 2nd visit?

Advertisement

Last edited by SkyeBattest; 12-05-2011 at 07:20 PM.
SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #2
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

A blood draw if they didn't so that already and a ton of questions about family history.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #3
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Re: 2nd prenatal appt what to expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
A blood draw if they didn't so that already and a ton of questions about family history.

Already did both these at the first visit. The blood got done at a different place as they don't draw blood in that office. It was 6 tubes so i'm assuming it was quiet a few tests.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBattest

Already did both these at the first visit. The blood got done at a different place as they don't draw blood in that office. It was 6 tubes so i'm assuming it was quiet a few tests.
Then I'm not sure...they can't listen to the hb yet.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:10 PM   #5
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

that's really weird that they scheduled one so quickly after the other one this early. I really don't know what they will do during your appt? Keep us updated
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:11 PM   #6
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

Bump for update

So today at my 2nd appt which was two weeks from my first appt my OB gave me back all my blood results which were all fantastic! I learned today i'm O+ lol. I'm not diabetic nor am i anemic and i won't be needing the rh shot or whatever it is. I'm also drug free, of course! & she tested for hiv etc which was all negative. I also tested immune to the infections of some things that got tested so everything is good!

She said the u/s stuff was all great and we are using the july 10th due date. She also checked my prenatal vitamins and said they were great so I can keep taking them! (Gummies from Target) I showed her the internal u/s pics and she said they looked fantastic as well She did a quick tummy u/s but my bladder wasn't full so it was hard to see but baby is waaaaay bigger compared to the one she did it in her office 2 weeks ago! Its amazing. She also said she'd try to hear the heart beat but not to freak out if we can't hear it as it's still really early 8 weeks 6 days, but according to her due date chart i'm 9 weeks 2 days lol. She couldn't find it but for a brief moment got a reading of 180. Next time she said i'd be able to listen though

I go back Jan 3rd! Ugh it feels so far away! I hope it goes by quick!