Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-04-2011, 07:56 PM   #1
trinitym
Registered Users
seller

So disappointed in my BumGenius seconds!!!

About 2 or 3 months ago, BumGenius put up a whole slew of brand new 3.0 seconds at firesale prices. I got on the bandwagon after doing a bunch of research here on DS where everyone was saying that the issues were only ever cosmetic and most people couldn't even figure out why they were seconds. So, I bought 14 diapers and when they came, they looked great, although I admit I never opened any except for the one on top. They'd all be the same inside except for something cosmetic, right??

I just pulled them out of the closet to start prepping them for our baby (due anytime!). As I opened them all up, I realized that in 10 out of 14 of the dipes, the laundry tab in the center of the back is same semi-scratchy looping that they use on the front of the dipe!!!! There is NO way I would put this up against my newborn's skin and there's no way to protect the baby from it since it is dead center in the dipe. On the other 4, there is a nice soft laundry tab that would be just fine.

I'm just so upset that I have 10 completely unusable diapers that probably can't be returned at this point. I expected cosmetic flaws and was fine with that, but I'm NOT fine with unusable diapers. Aaaaaaaaaa!

Advertisement

Last edited by trinitym; 12-04-2011 at 08:02 PM.
trinitym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:00 PM   #2
MamatoGreta
Registered Users
seller

Re: So disappointed in my BumGenius seconds!!!

Those are the new laundry tabs. They work way better than the old soft tabs. I've never had any irritation on my babies from them. Sorry you're disappointed.

I've made over $250 on Swagbucks! sign up and you can too!
MamatoGreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:04 PM   #3
fantasia1117
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

You could probably find something to stick over the laundry tabs if they bother you. Personally, I have never had any problems with irritation from them with my boys.
WOHM Mama to my two boys DS#1 (12/30/2007) and DS#2 (10/7/2010). Married to my amazing DH since 7/23/2005.
fantasia1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Unfortunately that's what's suppose to be there. They get softened from what I've heard.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:17 PM   #5
trinitym
Registered Users
seller

Well I guess it is good to know that this particular thing wasn't the reason for the 'seconds' label, but the tab still feels awful scratchy to me. I'm glad it works better, but both DH and I agree that we wouldn't want to wear something like that right up against the small of our backs, so maybe I'll just put them up for sale on here for what I paid. Maybe someone else won't mind them as much as us!!!
Old 12-04-2011, 08:18 PM   #6
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinitym
Well I guess it is good to know that this particular thing wasn't the reason for the 'seconds' label, but the tab still feels awful scratchy to me. I'm glad it works better, but both DH and I agree that we wouldn't want to wear something like that right up against the small of our backs, so maybe I'll just put them up for sale on here for what I paid. Maybe someone else won't mind them as much as us!!!
I don't remember how much they were?
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 08:19 PM   #7
Saharan
Registered Users
seller
seller

You could always remove them with a seam ripper and just stick the tabs to the front strip and turn inside out to wash? I have felt a few of their new tabs and they are so yucky and itchy feeling.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:13 PM   #8
Tina5834
Registered Users
Formerly T***e
seller
seller

My Mood:
They don't cause irritation at all! But if you're still worried about it you could take the laundry tab off!

Sent from my DH's Ally!
Tina5834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
mariamommy
Registered Users
seller

ditto the rest, they REALLY do soften up in the wash. And those laundry tabs are what is supposed to be there. I thought they felt scratchy at first too, but if they really bug you, use a seam ripper and take them right off, and use the front panel of velcro to close the diaper when you wash it, just push it inside out so the dirty part get washed easier.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
igotmywings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am using an XS small on a 3 week old baby right now =) no irritation
Follow me at The Whole Adventure I AM DESTASHING EVERYTHING. FROM BGE ORIGINALS, ALVA BABY POCKETS, PREFOLDS, THIRSTIE DUO SIZE 2'S POCKETS GOODMAMAS, AND MUCH MUCH MORE MESSAGE ME IF YOU ARE ISO ANYTHING
igotmywings is offline   Reply With Quote