Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 AM   #11
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: question on caring for uncirc

My 2nd son isn't circ'd and I've never done anything differently with him that I did with my first son, that IS circ'd.

Advertisement

tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:28 AM   #12
BabyBums
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrab View Post
Do I need to look for a Dr who is going to be *intact* friendly? I have always had Dr's who were for circ!

Do I need to do anything special to keep it clean? or just leave it alone...
The academy of Pediatric no longer recommends circ. You can find this info on their website and Pediatritions will respect this info (or look foolish). My son is 8 months, we have never had a problem with his un-circ'd penis. However, we give him a lot of nakey bum time, frequently chenge wet diapers and ec'd him from 4 month so most poops make it in the toilet.
BabyBums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:29 AM   #13
hollydlr
Registered Users
seller

We are expecting a son and are going to leave him intact. I talked to my brother about this because he is also uncirc'd. He said, above all, LEAVE IT ALONE!!! I guess when he was small someone (our mom??) retracted it and actually caused a little scar tissue that bothers him. He said the boy will take care of it himself when it naturally begins to retract. He said it is the same to care for as a girl's parts - just wash it with a little warm water! As for a doc, you want one who will recommend antibiotic ointment for infections, not circumcision! If you got an infected hangnail, they wouldn't immediately cut off your finger!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:02 AM   #14
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have 3 intact little boys. There is only 1 thing you need to know. Leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't EVER let anyone pull his foreskin back, even just a little. There really is nothing to see.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=44

You could also go there, they are a wealth of info. Way to go, and congrats on the baby!!
Old 04-17-2007, 10:08 AM   #15
BabyBums
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snangel View Post
I have 3 intact little boys. There is only 1 thing you need to know. Leave it alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't EVER let anyone pull his foreskin back, even just a little. There really is nothing to see.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=44

You could also go there, they are a wealth of info. Way to go, and congrats on the baby!!
Ok but my un-circ'd son can get enough playing and pulling at his penis. He isn't going to do damage is he?
BabyBums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 10:30 AM   #16
snookler
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBums View Post
Ok but my un-circ'd son can get enough playing and pulling at his penis. He isn't going to do damage is he?
My son is uncirc'd and he was pretty excited to discover his penis a couple of months ago. At first I was a little worried because he seemed to just grab ahold of it and stretch the skin way out. I just let him do it, it's his after all, and he never gave any indication that it hurt, and seems to do it less as time goes by.. but it never caused any problems.

I've found the whole situation to be pretty low maintenance. Just keep a watch on it during diaper changes, and if it gets irritated let it air out a little. Air and sunshine has fixed everything for us so far.
Old 04-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #17
Melissa~BHS
B/S/T with caution~ Ignoring attempts to resolve FSOT issue.

My Mood:

My son is 5 and is intact. You don't have to do anything special - as the other mamas stated, do not retract. My pediatrician was pro circ but he respected my wishes to NOT circ my son and has been very cooperative. He asks at every visit, any issues with the penis? and I say, of course not! and then we laugh.
My son also grabs at it a lot - but hey don't they all?

Melissa~BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #18
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyBums View Post
No the only person that should be pulling on his foreskin is the "owner" of the penis. Your son wouldnt do anything that hurt him. If it hurt he would stop. A dr (or anyone else for that matter) cant tell if they have gone to far. Your son wont hurt himself. Boys will naturally retract themselves around the age of 3 (or as late as 12 in some cases.)
Old 04-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #19
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luv2recycle View Post
I appreciate the info too!!! Big time

We are due soon with b/g twins and Isaac (our lil boy) will not be circ'd and I was told to retract it to clean it...Fourtinatly I read this thread. The person who gave me the info has never had a son let alone an un circ'd one...and I feel alot better know having read this

MUCH APPRECIATION!! mt son will thank you too
Its just amazing what kind of BS info is floating around about foreskin. My mom (who has FIVE girls, NO boys, and has never even SEEN an intact penis) told my pregnant sister that if she didn't circ her little boy that she would have to clean it out with baking soda. (Luckily my sister knew that was bullcrap because she used to babysit DS.)

People are dumbtastic.

Last edited by urchin_grey; 04-17-2007 at 11:37 AM.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 11:44 AM   #20
1happymama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS is in tact and still under 2 so we haven't had to head down the "retracting" road yet. But so far, it was far more difficult cleaning up messes on my diapered DD than on DS.
1happymama is offline   Reply With Quote