Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-10-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Any bedrest tips? I'm 23w2d and on hospital bedrest for the rest of the pregnancy.

My amniotic sac developed a leak sometime between Monday morning and yesterday evening, and now I'm on hospital bedrest for the duration of the pregnancy. I could be here for up to 12 weeks! Any survival tips?

Advertisement

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any bedrest tips? I'm 23w2d and on hospital bedrest for the rest of the pregnanc

books, knitting, crocheting, needlepoint, crosswords
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
L&A'smommy
Registered Users
Formerly: laylaeomommy
seller

Re: Any bedrest tips? I'm 23w2d and on hospital bedrest for the rest of the pregnanc

Maybe ask the people at your church for all of the magazines they are done with so that you have a ton of different magazines to keep you busy at least for a while? You could compile a ton of recipes from them
Old 11-10-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
mom22boysand1girl
Registered Users
seller

I was on hospital bedrest from 21 weeks to 32 weeks until the delivery of DS1. I had lots of visitors that made the time go by fast. Technology is so much further now than in 2002. I read alot. I was very bored but a mom in the nicu told me she got all her scrapbooking done in the 4 weeks she was in there. Hopefully you have family and friends that can come visit.
mom22boysand1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:40 PM   #5
newtwinmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I taught myself to knit by watching videos on YouTube! Also, get someone to bring you the biggest desk calendar they can find. Hang it on the wall and have a visitor or RN cross off the days for you.

Develop a routine and use it to measure your day going by. I would get up and wipe myself down, order breakfast, watch GMA, etc etc etc. I knitted at specific times, read at specific time.

Be careful about your sleep. Its very easy to get your days and nights mixed up. To help, open your blinds and drapes all day, only nap short naps if needed, and set a bedtime. Have your md write an order for the staff to not disturb you after 9pm (or whatever works with shift change and your routine) unless absolutely necessary.

I'm also a big fan of bedrest exercises. I used the program from Dr Luke's book " When You are Expecting Twins Triplets or Quads." Or ask your md to write an order for a physical therapy consult so they can come teach you some exercises to keep you more comfy-range of motion, body alignment, and muscle maintenance stuff.

It's HARD work mamma but worth ever day you can give your baby. One day in the belly is three less in the nicu! At 23 weeks its more like every one day in the belly is five less in the nicu! The first week is the worst, or so I hear from those lucky enough to have made it to the second week. I did weeks at home but delivered after a week in hospital .

Last edited by newtwinmom; 11-10-2011 at 06:42 PM.
newtwinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #6
OurLabtink
Registered Users
seller
seller

(((HUGS)) and Many Prayers for you and your baby.

I have been on and off of bedrest this whole pregnancy.

http://www.knittingboard.com/6_knitt.../kbtadpole.htm
I was given this loom and started making the projects in the booklet that comes with it, they help to pass the time. I have also done a ton of reading and playing the wii ( the game that you can do sitting down )
OurLabtink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 06:53 PM   #7
LittleLady8
Registered Users
seller

just want to wish you the very best of luck . i would be doing lots of knitting, reading, and probably learning other crafts too. maybe some friends and family could work it out so you have visitors at times you want, like someone to lunch with everyday, etc. i hope you have great nurses that become your friends too. GL!
Old 11-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

send your dh to the library often! Crochet since you rock at it! Not sure if you knit but if you do i have some projects
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #9
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I happened over your thread and just wanted to send my thoughts and hopes for a healthy baby and Mama. I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. Let's all hope your LO stays put and healthy. I know that Nook just went down in price for the 2nd edition. I love mine to pieces and you can "borrow" books from online libraries at no cost.
Old 11-10-2011, 09:28 PM   #10
mom22boysand1girl
Registered Users
seller

It is very true that your Nurses become your friends. Make your room as cheery as you can. Will they allow you to have family sleepovers? The mom next to my room would have her boys and DH come for a sleepover every once in awhile. I was there along time. 11 weeks seemed forever but was very doable. I look at my sweet 9 year old now and know it was worth every sore butt moment I had.
Please pm me if you need to talk. We are all here for you and would love to help anyway we can.
mom22boysand1girl is offline   Reply With Quote