Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #11
DustysSweety03
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Harvest Babies Weekly Chat 12/5-12/11

Pumping~ I hate pumping. I will only pump if engorged.

Bottles~ We introduced them around 2wks when we had to due to weightloss.

Advertisement

DustysSweety03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So I must brag that I survived taking both kids grocery shopping at walmart by myself! I felt like superwoman when leaving LOL I think next time tho I will just take the newbie by myself and leave dd at home when dh gets off work i htink that will be much much easier LOL Especially since with my next shopping trip I need to go on and get the Christmas Dinner food. My parents are coming down the thursday before christmas and staying thru til the monday or tuesday after so that also means 2 extra ppl to feed for almost a week!
Shouldn't be too bad but will definitly be different. We never have company unles its my teenage nephew and i dont even consider him 'company' anymore LOL
Old 12-06-2011, 06:16 PM   #13
Sally's Red Meadow
Registered Users
josycat
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortdrawbryant View Post
So I must brag that I survived taking both kids grocery shopping at walmart by myself! I felt like superwoman when leaving LOL I think next time tho I will just take the newbie by myself and leave dd at home when dh gets off work i htink that will be much much easier LOL Especially since with my next shopping trip I need to go on and get the Christmas Dinner food. My parents are coming down the thursday before christmas and staying thru til the monday or tuesday after so that also means 2 extra ppl to feed for almost a week!
Shouldn't be too bad but will definitly be different. We never have company unles its my teenage nephew and i dont even consider him 'company' anymore LOL
Congrats. I have not taken all of mine out yet. I will, I'm thinking of taking just the baby out next Tuesday.
Sally's Red Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:12 PM   #14
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Nichole - Congrats I've braved WalMart by myself with both too. Weirdly, DD actually behaved better than usual, lol.

Pumping - I hate, hate, hate pumping. I'll only pump if I'm engorged and DS is still sleeping. Otherwise, I just deal with the fight to help him latch. I wind up pumping maybe every other day, once in the morning (though I haven't the past couple days since he hasn't been sleeping). I generally get 2 oz (1 from each). I have about 12 oz frozen.

Anybody else super frustrated with their older child(ren)? I feel like I listen to enough crying from the newbie, that I cannot stand DD's whining/tantrums/etc. I feel horrible that my patience is so low. Probably just a side effect of no sleep.
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 07:22 PM   #15
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Jessica- My patience has been super low lately, too. I swear my children are also misbehaving more than usual. I feel the worst about how I've been reacting to my 2.5yo. He has been a total beast since Levi was born and he has been super mean and bullying my 17mo. I've yelled at him too many times and I feel super guilty about it. I've been putting him on time out a lot too. I just don't know what to do!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 03:28 AM   #16
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I can totally relate on the toddler issue. DD hasn't been listening to what we say since i got out of the hospital. A big part of it though has to deal with her being at her granny's and my nephews living there now. she learned how to hit back and to jump off the couch in the 3 days she stayed overnight with my MIL. Her tantrums have definitly went up a level too. I feel bad because I yell alot
Old 12-07-2011, 07:46 AM   #17
Azrael
Registered Users
seller
seller

Glad I'm not the only one DD has recently learned to talk back too ... so not cool!
Azrael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #18
AcrossTheUniverse
Registered Users
Formerly: ReiSapphireJade
seller

My Mood:

Hopefully the adjustment period will be over soon so our LOs will be back to "normal" and we will have more energy to better handle issues that may arise!
*i* Loved and Lost (6/12), (9/12), & (2/13) *i*
AcrossTheUniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #19
shortdrawbryant
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh I hope so too. Hubby is laid off work for the next month so I guess the bright side to that is i *should* get more help from him. Hopefully making it less stressful on me between all the dr's appts and such
Old 12-07-2011, 04:20 PM   #20
DillyDay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh ladies oh ladies oh ladies! i have to share! i finally got my referal tot he breastfeeding clinic! yyaayy!!! now we can get the LC to look at her tongue, and then get it clipped next wednesday i am hoping! then.. i can really get down to business learning how to breastfeed and she can learn how to properly. as lilk Savi hates formula and will projectile vomit it if i don't watch how much she takes in. oh so excited. i feel like a giddy teenager.

toddler issues: i've been short patience with my older daughter, as she asks the same questions 5 times in a row even if i gave her the answer on the first time asking. and ignoring the other times she asks is frustratiing as she gets more insistant each time she asks for a answer till i snap and yell the answer at her. the same answer i already gave her 5 times over.
DillyDay is offline   Reply With Quote