Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #31
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat December 5th - 11th

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbee View Post
Ivy has been pretty regularly sleeping a six hour chunk followed by a three hour chunk at night. Unfortunately, she starts this sometime between 12:30 and 1:30. If she falls asleep prior to this, she wakes up within 5 minutes of being laid down. Any suggestions?

She has been up for an hour and is on her third outfit. The first one she peed out the back of her diaper. (my fault) The second one she spit up all over, I took off her sleeper and then she peed out the side of her diaper (and onto my shirt) before I put the new outfit on. Now she is in outfit #3... hopefully she stays in this one longer. Poor kid has spent as much time on the changing table as she has spent off of it.
This is exactly Ephraim's sleeping schedule!!

He's also a major spitter, so it's not uncommon to go through several outfits a day as well as several spit up rags, blankets...and even my clothing. It has gotten better than it was before, but still very often. I think a lot of it has to do with my forceful let down and he takes in a lot of air when that's happening.

As for baby diarrhea...I read in Dr. Sears book that the stools will become watery, green, mucous, foul smelling, explosive, and occasionally blood tinged. Usually there is a raw red rash. Baby may also have a feeling unwell appearance.
However, breastfed babies rarely ever get stomach illnesses, and it's much more common in formula fed babies. So she probably won't catch it, especially if you're washing your hands well after using the restroom or becoming ill.

Advertisement

Old 12-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #32
kimmiepie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Weekly Chat December 5th - 11th

It just dawned on me that I think you are formula feeding now. Sorry, I didn't mean anything by the bfing info. Was just trying to reassure you.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:36 PM   #33
hbee
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiepie

This is exactly Ephraim's sleeping schedule!!

He's also a major spitter, so it's not uncommon to go through several outfits a day as well as several spit up rags, blankets...and even my clothing. It has gotten better than it was before, but still very often. I think a lot of it has to do with my forceful let down and he takes in a lot of air when that's happening.

As for baby diarrhea...I read in Dr. Sears book that the stools will become watery, green, mucous, foul smelling, explosive, and occasionally blood tinged. Usually there is a raw red rash. Baby may also have a feeling unwell appearance.
However, breastfed babies rarely ever get stomach illnesses, and it's much more common in formula fed babies. So she probably won't catch it, especially if you're washing your hands well after using the restroom or becoming ill.
I'm using formula. . She got a rotovirus vaccine two weeks ago... Hopefully that helps her out.

DH just found out that he doesn't have to report to work until noon today (issues with the building.). He just told me to go sleep in the guest room and he will take Ivy duty tonight. I have the best husband ever.
hbee is offline   Reply With Quote