Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-06-2011, 10:09 AM   #1
Dutchlish
Registered Users
Formerly: MWally29
seller

*Not good... update post 43* Look what I got ... 5 days after my period ended?

My period came two days early this month and there was absolutely no reason for me to think that it wasn't "normal" although in retrospect it was a bit lighter. It still lasted the normal 5 days and I had cramps and everything.

I have noticed for the last few days that certain foods really turn me off and I have been so SO incredibly tired. So, this morning I thought what the hey and peed on a FRER. I totally forgot about it actually and when I came back to the bathroom a half hour later (I know WAY outside the time limit) I found this:

Of course I'm thinking it's faulty because I let it sit so long so I POA few more tests and this is what I got (popped up right away) :

How is this even possible? I just had a period! Or I guess technically not a period but a 4 day bleed! I'm in complete disbelief right now. Someone tell me something!!
__________________________________________________ _________

UPDATE 12/7 Just talked to the doctor's office. My first beta came back really low - only 48. The nurse thinks I may be miscarrying. I'm 19 DPO. Keeping my fingers crossed that the numbers double by Friday but I'm kind of bracing myself.
__________________________________________________ _________

Advertisement

M. - married to my best friend J. since 2006 ~ liberal, semi-crunchy, vegetarian, babywearing, CDing, Extended RFing, ER RN mama to my greatest loves B. (9/2008), C. (5/2010) and V. (9/2012) and A.(7/2014). Always missing the ones we didn't get to hold.

Last edited by Dutchlish; 12-09-2011 at 08:16 AM.
Dutchlish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:13 AM   #2
bezbabe
Registered Users
seller

Re: Look what I got ... 5 days after my period ended? SO confused!

all i can say is congratulations!

eta: maybe it was a late heavy implantation bleed? or maybe there were 2 and one stuck and one didn't? can that even happen?

Last edited by bezbabe; 12-06-2011 at 10:15 AM.
bezbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #3
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

Well, I would say those are very very positive.

I first suggest calling your Doc's office for some blood tests. Because you were bleeding with what you thought was a normal period, you want to get some real numbers and to be sure they are continuing to go up.

If they are going up and everything's looking normal, then perhaps, vanishing twin?
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #4
Dutchlish
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by happysmileylady View Post
Well, I would say those are very very positive.

I first suggest calling your Doc's office for some blood tests. Because you were bleeding with what you thought was a normal period, you want to get some real numbers and to be sure they are continuing to go up.

If they are going up and everything's looking normal, then perhaps, vanishing twin?
I was thinking the same thing so I called earlier and they said that as long as I'm not having any pain or more spotting to just assume I'm pregnant. Helpful, huh.
M. - married to my best friend J. since 2006 ~ liberal, semi-crunchy, vegetarian, babywearing, CDing, Extended RFing, ER RN mama to my greatest loves B. (9/2008), C. (5/2010) and V. (9/2012) and A.(7/2014). Always missing the ones we didn't get to hold.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 AM   #5
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

WOW! Congrats!! I have heard lots of stories of women having "periods" even into the second trimester and thus not finding out they were pregnant until fairly late...so although I don't think it's super uncommon that you had a bleed, I would definitely call your doc and let them know so that they can check your numbers and make sure everything is okay. Those tests look AMAZING though!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:20 AM   #6
boekesec
Registered Users
Formerly E***n
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchlish View Post
I was thinking the same thing so I called earlier and they said that as long as I'm not having any pain or more spotting to just assume I'm pregnant. Helpful, huh.
We must have posted at the same time. That stinks, though! Just be sure to call right away if anything else happens! Must have been a late/long implantation bleed!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
Dutchlish
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
WOW! Congrats!! I have heard lots of stories of women having "periods" even into the second trimester and thus not finding out they were pregnant until fairly late...so although I don't think it's super uncommon that you had a bleed, I would definitely call your doc and let them know so that they can check your numbers and make sure everything is okay. Those tests look AMAZING though!
Thanks! I'm still in shock. I was not expecting this at all!
Old 12-06-2011, 10:55 AM   #8
txmap
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats, mama! (Funny, I've been soooo emotional and weepy since AF showed up--more than is normal for me, and I was just thinking maybe I should take a test just to see). That's so awesome that you tested BFP after your "period."

FWIW, my mom had monthly "break-through bleeding" during both of her pregnancies... almost like a normal period, so it's definitely possible to have unexplained bleeding while pregnant.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:56 AM   #9
hokoonchi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

CONGRATULATIONS Maaike! I'm stoked for you! That looks like a kiddo for sure! Did you make your first doctor's appointment? Can you call again and ask for blood work?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:10 AM   #10
Dutchlish
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by txmap View Post
Congrats, mama! (Funny, I've been soooo emotional and weepy since AF showed up--more than is normal for me, and I was just thinking maybe I should take a test just to see). That's so awesome that you tested BFP after your "period."

FWIW, my mom had monthly "break-through bleeding" during both of her pregnancies... almost like a normal period, so it's definitely possible to have unexplained bleeding while pregnant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hokoonchi View Post
CONGRATULATIONS Maaike! I'm stoked for you! That looks like a kiddo for sure! Did you make your first doctor's appointment? Can you call again and ask for blood work?
Thanks so much, girls!! It still hasn't sunk in yet. I guess without being fresh out of the 2 ww and all that anticipation it sure feels different! So crazy. I'm incredibly thankful though.