Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2011, 02:45 PM   #11
SelenaJean
Registered Users

Re: Not sure what to try next det wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinLou View Post
If they don't smell clean when washing, add more detergent .... It shouldn't be this complicated for anyone, I'll never understand it!

I rinse poop diapers well before the pail. I wash on warm with tiny bubbles, I do a second rinse, and dry. Yes I have hard water. I have done this for 3 years, no issues.
I have tried using the full amount of detergent. I have a toploader, use a lot of water and I use Tide which should be strong enough I would think and I rinse my poo diapers with a sprayer plus spray them with bac out before tossing them in the pail. This is what is sooooooooooooo frustrating to me, it should be easy!

Also is country save stronger than Tide?

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2011, 03:07 PM   #12
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaJean

I have tried using the full amount of detergent. I have a toploader, use a lot of water and I use Tide which should be strong enough I would think and I rinse my poo diapers with a sprayer plus spray them with bac out before tossing them in the pail. This is what is sooooooooooooo frustrating to me, it should be easy!

Also is country save stronger than Tide?
Tide original or tide ultra? Lots of mamas have probs with the ultra.

Sent from my DROIDX using DS Forum
Old 12-08-2011, 03:11 PM   #13
SelenaJean
Registered Users

It's the Ultra now. I was using the original and I don't think I was having problems then but I was using prefolds/flats mostly. I mostly use Elementals now which seem to be harder to clean in general.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:13 PM   #14
faiths13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaJean
It's the Ultra now. I was using the original and I don't think I was having problems then but I was using prefolds/flats mostly. I mostly use Elementals now which seem to be harder to clean in general.
Then it might be the ultra. I've read alot of threads with complaints about problems with it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DS Forum
Old 12-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #15
nappymaven812
Registered Users

I use Tide Ultra F&G and I don't see any difference between it and the non ultra and I have very hard water. I do a full length longest cycle for my pre rinse minus the rinse and use a TBS of deterget in it. Then hot wash minus the rinse with detergent up to line one or two followed by a full length cycle one cold/cold fo the rinses. I have an energy star top loader but it's not really that different than a regular top loader. I also wash about 20 diapers at a time. If you wash to few at a time they don't have a chance to rub against eachother and if you wash to many the don't move around enough. With that said, If they don't smell after the baby wets them or overnight, then I don't understand what the big deal is.

Last edited by nappymaven812; 12-08-2011 at 03:35 PM.
nappymaven812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:27 PM   #16
SelenaJean
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappymaven812 View Post
I use Tide Ultra F&G and I don't see any difference between it and the non ultra and I have very hard water. I do a full length longest cycle for my pre rinse minus the rinse and use a TBS of deterget in it. Then hot wash minus the rinse with detergent up to line one or two followed by a full length cycle one cold/cold fo the rinses. I have an energy star top loader but it's not really that different than a regular top loader. I also wash about 20 diapers at a time. If you wash to few at a time they don't have a chance to rub against eachother and if you wash to many the don't move around enough. With that said, If they don't smell after the baby wets them or overnight, then I don't understand what the big deal is.
I wash around 20 diapers at a time. Even though they do not smell bad when he wets I figure that will be happen next since they smell in the hot dryer(they smell like nothing out of the wash). We do not use cloth at night so I have not had issues there. Plus I don't like the idea of them not being clean all the way and my little guy having to wear them. The owner of a local shop tried to get me to try hard rock or lulus but I've had zero luck with natural dets especially regular rng.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:46 AM   #17
nappymaven812
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaJean View Post
I wash around 20 diapers at a time. Even though they do not smell bad when he wets I figure that will be happen next since they smell in the hot dryer(they smell like nothing out of the wash). We do not use cloth at night so I have not had issues there. Plus I don't like the idea of them not being clean all the way and my little guy having to wear them. The owner of a local shop tried to get me to try hard rock or lulus but I've had zero luck with natural dets especially regular rng.
Ok, I understand. So maybe adding detergent to your pre-wash and makng it warm and longer will help. Have you tryed Tide F&G?
Old 12-09-2011, 08:40 AM   #18
SelenaJean
Registered Users

I have not tried the free and clear, I guess I'll try that next I do not add det to my pre wash so I'm sure that can't hurt. I'm guessing you use the powder version?
Old 12-09-2011, 11:39 PM   #19
nappymaven812
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SelenaJean View Post
I have not tried the free and clear, I guess I'll try that next I do not add det to my pre wash so I'm sure that can't hurt. I'm guessing you use the powder version?
Yes I use the powder. The liquid didn't work well for us but I only tryed the HE kind because I have an energy star washer but now I know it's ok to use regular detergents in it. I don't plan on trying the regular F&G liquid because powdered detergents seem to work better and rinse out better in out water.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:48 PM   #20
gracie1025
Registered Users
seller

Hopefully the new detergent table I released can help (?).
I wonder if a good machine clean would help. I use affresh to regularly clean my machine. My hubby pulled out the innerds of our machine and found nastiness in there. Once we cleaned it and continue to maintain it, the nastiness went away.
Do you have hard water? If so, I found that a tablespoon of washing soda helped.
Also, in between each of these washes, are you doing a thorough strip of your diapers, to make sure you start from scratch? Hope that helps.
Padded Tush Stats reviews are based on survey responses from many mamas and are sorted based on different baby characteristics (heavy wetter, chunky, etc). Come fill out a quick survey or check out a review! http://www.paddedtushstats.com/
gracie1025 is offline   Reply With Quote