Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2011, 07:14 AM   #1
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

Baby is here! It's a... *added birth story*

girl! Delaney Cannon was born at 8:16 am weighing 6 lb 15 oz and 20 & 1/4 inches. Pics to come...this girl won"t get off the boob! She and I are doing great.

------------------------------
December 7th I went in for my last OB appointment before my high risk scheduled induction was going to happen on Saturday the 10th. My blood pressure was a tad high and I could see the nervousness in the OB’s eyes as she looked over my chart and looked at the rising levels of protein in my urine, rising blood pressure, declining kidney function, and swelling in my legs. She left to consult with the high risk doctors and came back saying I needed to go to labor and delivery and get checked out. That they would draw my labs and I would be induced that night or no later than the next morning. I was alone in the hospital with our only car while Josh was at home with Aubrey. After an hour or so in labor and delivery, my blood pressure was fine but the OB came in and said “yeah your kidney function is not looking good so you need to be induced tonight.” I was on an IV so there was no leaving to get Josh. I was walked down to my delivery room, hooked up to the monitor, and greeted by some really nice nurses. Josh’s mom was on her way down from Maryland but would be awhile so I was in there alone. At 7:30 pm they started the Pitocin on a really low level and were upping it every 15 minutes. Josh got there 3 hours later after and I’d been having painful contractions but nothing I couldn’t manage. Contractions got significantly worse rather quickly and I was managing the pain even though I couldn’t move anywhere and just had to lay in bed. I got checked after 3 hours of breathing through them and hadn’t made any progress. Still sitting at 3 cm. I’d made up my mind during that, remembering how slowly I progressed with Aubrey, that if I hadn’t dilated any more I was getting an epidural. The doctor read my mind and asked if I wanted one before she broke my water. The epidural was placed and I was laid down and still having really bad contractions in the very top of my abdomen. I knew the epidural would eventually reach there but after an hour of laying flat on my back, crying, I was wondering why it wasn’t working yet. I was checked at 5 am and was only at 4 cm. She broke my water then and I was still feeling contractions but now they had moved into my belly which should have been numb. The contractions steadily increased in intensity and got closer together. The pressure down low got really intense and soon I was clinging to the side of my bed. I’d given up on the epidural ever working at this point. Unlike with Aubrey, I still had full movement of my toes, feet, legs, and felt totally normal. The nurses watched and decided to check me and I was at a 7 almost 8. This was right before 8 am. The 2 OB’s in the room said they’d check me in an hour unless I felt more pressure and the need to push. No sooner than they walked out, the pressure got worse. I told the nurses repeatedly I had no idea what to tell them because I hadn’t felt anything with Aubrey. I was nervous I wasn’t going to know what to do and I know they could tell. They watched me react to the frequent contractions and watched my contractions on the monitor and decided to call in a midwife. When she came in the nurses explained to her that I just had been checked but they thought I needed to be again. I was a 9. A few more intense contractions and they were telling me that when I thought I needed to I needed to push. I was so happy that I was given the freedom to be in control instead of being coached. 3 nurses stood around me to help me because as they said “you had an epidural but it obviously isn’t working.” I didn’t know what I was doing. I just knew I was in pain. A nurse was in my face talking me through it all and Josh was beside her. 3 pushes and I felt the relief. I heard the midwife say “what is it dad?” and Josh said “girl” and I was so surprised! I hadn’t been leaning toward either gender but to actually know what she was and see her was such a shock after waiting all that time. I looked at him and said “she doesn’t have a name!” They laid her on my belly and she was so much smaller than I had expected. She was allowed to lay there a lot longer than Aubrey was and I saw that she was pink, crying, and perfect. A nurse asked me if he could take her and I let him so that I could deliver the placenta. I told the midwife I still felt pressure and she said “ok that’s probably the placenta why don’t you push.” I delivered it and then she checked me over to find no tears at all. I was so relieved to hear that. As we looked at her, her name came to my head and it was so perfect. Delaney Cannon (her g-pa’s middle name). I’m so glad we waited for the surprise. Looking at her I felt so content with the fact that I’d had another girl. Delaney is perfect in every way.

Advertisement

Last edited by hilaryisinked; 12-10-2011 at 12:00 PM.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:17 AM   #2
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Yay!!! Congratulations!! Love her name!

~~~~~~~
Don't worry, it's autocorrect, I know how to type in English. ;p

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
mrscompgeek
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Baby is here! It's a...

Congrats hilary!!! Love the name!!! Glad everything went smoothly for you.
mrscompgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:19 AM   #4
lecialefty
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can't wait for pics.
lecialefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:21 AM   #5
malaynasmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

congratulations!! beautiful name
Old 12-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #6
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

here's a pic
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:22 AM   #7
emilyrebekah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Perfect name, Hilary! Congrats on your PINK arrival!
Old 12-08-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
MrsJordan85
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Sweet princess CONGRATS HILARY! I could cry for you I'm so happy. Love her name
Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #9
kushie tushie
No Longer Here

My Mood:
DDC Congrats Hilary!
I love her name!

Blaming typos on my "smart"phone's auto-correct
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:32 AM   #10
avasmom3
Registered Users
seller