Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-08-2011, 04:47 PM   #11
MotherMoonPads
Formerly: KeepYourBabyClose
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Dairy free mamas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremysprincess View Post
I have heard that before, but I'm not sure if DD's is a coincidence or related. Her issues with dairy started immediately, but her eczema didn't. And her eczema flares if she's hot, I haven't noticed a connection with dairy, but it's hard to find a connection when there's soo many possibilities that can cause it. I really hope it's not a dairy allergy but I tend to believe the eczema IS related to the allergy but I'm not 100% positive it is.
My daughter's excema didn't start immediately either. She was about 8 weeks old when she first started having issues.

Have you thought about having your DD tested?

Advertisement

MotherMoonPads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #12
LittleThingsMama638
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotherMoonPads View Post
My daughter's excema didn't start immediately either. She was about 8 weeks old when she first started having issues.

Have you thought about having your DD tested?
hmm that's interested, I thought it would be pretty immediate since the rest of her symptoms are..or at least somewhat close. I have thought about having her tested, and suggested it to her ped but I've always heard that allergy tests before 3 weren't very accurate. I plan on bringing it up again at her next appt though as I'm worried about giving her any solids with milk since she did have such a strong reaction, I'm worried solids would create an even worse allergic reaction if that was the case.
LittleThingsMama638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:45 PM   #13
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DD started to get eczema at about 10 or 12 weeks. She had patches on her arms and legs, and worst of all, she had a red patch on each cheek. I tried everything imaginable topically, but nothing worked (except hydrocortisone, which I didn't want to use regularly, and the patches came back as soon as I stopped putting it on).

I'm generally dairy free anyway, but when I got really serious about eliminating hidden dairy, the patches went away.

Even now, at 3 years old, if she eats some of Daddy's (cow's milk) yogurt, she gets itchy eczema patches behind her knees.