Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2011, 11:45 AM   #1
Mom2G&J
Registered Users

My Mood:
Question Are you getting a flu shot?

At my appointment yesterday, they suggested that I get a flu shot. I have never gotten one before so I didn't even have it on my radar. Then DH tells me that he read an article about how the flu is dangerous to pregnant women. The shot my Dr uses is preservative free so that is good. But I am on the fence about it. I'm off to do some research. So how about the rest of you, will you get it?

Advertisement

Mom2G&J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #2
SqueakersMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Are you getting a flu shot?

Nope. I'm allergic to eggs so luckily I don't have to explain to any Dr. why I don't want it. The dangers of flu while pregnant are high fever and dehydration - as long as you can keep those mostly controlled in the event you get the flu its fine. I know there are plenty of people that DO get it and its just fine - but its one that I would choose to skip.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
edens_mom
Registered Users
seller

I definitely skip it. It is very hard to find the flu shot without mercury and my baby needs the best start it can get. Not to mention the allergies.. I don't have any, but DS has TONS including egg, and my husband's family is very prone to allergies. I don't want to be injecting things into my body to make those reactions potentially worse.

I rarely get sick when I'm pregnant, for some reason my immune system goes on hyperdrive! At any rate, I am not scared of the flu. Hydrate and watch the fever, like Holly said.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:25 PM   #4
fluffymailaholic
Registered Users
seller

I got the flu shot a couple months ago so I don't need it again, but I got the flu shot when I was pregnant with DS. My immune system was crap - I had a cold my first and third trimesters - the WHOLE trimester both times. So the flu was the last thing I wanted. I'm hoping to avoid any more bugs....normally my immune system is great but it runs away and hides when I'm pregnant so I need all the outside help I can get. I also found out when I was pregnant with DS I wasn't immune to Measles so I made sure I was up on my boosters before getting pregnant again since you can't get that vaccine while pregnant.
Old 12-10-2011, 01:32 PM   #5
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Will never get it.

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #6
Bethany89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Never have never ever will.
Old 12-10-2011, 02:08 PM   #7
xO_mommaK_Ox
Registered Users

I got it this year because I was pregnant... I also got the H1N1 shot when that was going around when I was preg and I didn't want to risk it.
xO_mommaK_Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:25 PM   #8
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

Only had the nasal mist when I was a teen, nothing since...don't plan to ever in the future.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:52 PM   #9
marliah
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

not a chance!

http://safeminds.org/protect-yoursel...learnmore.html

for the record I am against all vaxxes as my two oldest children are autistic because of vaccines. Please mommas research it for yourselves.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:48 PM   #10
SkyeBattest
Registered Users
seller

yeah i got it a few months ago, the one with no preservatives because we were TTC
SkyeBattest is offline   Reply With Quote