Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:01 PM   #11
AmberP
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Minimalist Mini Challenge for December 9th!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
Ok I managed to pull like 25ish books before the kids decided to try and "help" me. Now they are in bed so I will continue this mini challenge on in to tomorrow morning.

I am just not sure what to do with all of these books. I sold several but they took a long time to sell and I didn't make much of anything off of them. We could use the little extra money BUT maybe there is a better way. We don't have any bookstores like half price books around here. Maybe I can donate to the library? Do they take donations at all libraries?
I don't know about ALL libraries. Ours does not usually take donations for circulation, but they have a bookstore where they sell donated material to help fund the library. Check the website and/or call them when they open in the morning.

ETA: I really need to go through the kids books and pick out the ones we haven't read in ages. We have SO many, and if I try to do it with DD around, we won't get rid of anything.]

Also, I just blogged about my emotional attachment to books and my eReader discovery LOL You can click the link in my signature if you are interested in reading

Advertisement

Last edited by AmberP; 12-09-2011 at 07:06 PM.
AmberP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:08 PM   #12
Cathy_B
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would love to do books. We have at least 6 large bookcases full. But only about 1-2 shelves are mine. The rest are DH's and kids: it's ridiculous. DH has a real, serious, book problem. We have already sold hundreds (not kidding) on Amazon. The remainder of unsold Amazon listings are going to go in a spring "books by the pound" rummage sale. So I would never be able to purge them on my own in one day, but I am really holding out hope for the spring sale.
Old 12-09-2011, 07:17 PM   #13
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpelephant View Post
Deep breath.... they are all in the recycle bin. It is actually quite sad because I love Mothering and now it is not around anymore and I did refer back to past issues.
I know, I'm sad about the end of Mothering, too. Just now, I got rid of about 6 back issues and kept one. Sad.

I have a whole pile of Runner's Worlds that I think I would like to read/skim before recycling. They're all about 3 years old--not much changes in running, though.

I also pulled out one book to go in the donate pile. I might find a few more in the next little while, though.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:30 PM   #14
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberP View Post
ETA: I really need to go through the kids books and pick out the ones we haven't read in ages. We have SO many, and if I try to do it with DD around, we won't get rid of anything.]
Luckily my oldest has really gotten on board. She has enjoyed looking at pictures of the minimalist homes and she even got in the car the other day and said "mom I think you are turning into a hoarder in your car" I about died laughing because I had the car full of laundry (we do laundry at my dad's on Sundays and last week we had a LOT!). She actually came in while I was going through books and said I could get rid of all the pooh bear books (we have over 20) because she doesn't read them anymore. I was so proud

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #15
doulamomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is so hard for me. I have no problem getting rid of things. I enjoy it. But I just cannot bring myself to get rid of books.