Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
Twinvillageiowa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Getting rid of it all!

I am so sick of living the way we do. We have a ton of stuff and while we have the most space we ever have had, my garage is still full of junk. I can't even really clean because I spend all of my time picking up. I decided a few weeks ago to start getting rid of stuff. So far I have taken 4 boxes to consignment, 2 boxes to Goodwill and just sold a play stove on Craigslist today. I still have a ton more stuff to go but I feel so much calmer every time something else leaves the house!

Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Re: Getting rid of it all!

It really is a great feeling to see the stuff go isn't it!!

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 01:44 PM   #3
dpelephant
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, this is exactly what I am doing. So far for big items I have gotten rid of our futon and our full size piano/keyboard that was half way working. The piano is packaged to go out soon. It is so freeing just to let those things go and have the extra space. It is also amazing how much random little stuff you accumulate over the course of a couple of years.

I earn extra $ with Swagbucks and Ebates! Join me
dpelephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 PM   #4
mom2ally06
Registered Users
seller

this is me! i cant ever clean because it takes me an hour to pick up..maybe i just suck at keeping the house clean lol
Old 12-12-2011, 04:34 AM   #5
janay0865
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Right there with you mama!! Today is MY day!!
Old 12-12-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I need it to be my day too, I need everything packed by the 22nd. I already did dds room.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #7
ohio_mama05
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What a good feeling isnt it? I am just starting to go through all the stuff that we dont need. I recently went through clothes and donated 4 bags full. And that is just my stuff not even the kids'.
ohio_mama05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
McMandy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ah, feels good to do that, huh. When we moved to our current home, we got rid of SO much stuff. Our children eventually decided to get rid of about 75% of their toys... it was amazing! I had 4-5 trash bags of their toys to donate. Now they just have the stuff they REALLY love. The boys said they'd rather just keep their toy cars and legos.. and get more of that for their birthday rather than get random stuff. My daughter said she just wanted her dolls and doll clothes and kitchen play stuff.

I still feel like we should get rid of loads more... clothes, stuff, etc. We have unloaded a lot of furniture, junk, etc and become pretty organized though!
McMandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:26 PM   #9
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_mama05
What a good feeling isnt it? I am just starting to go through all the stuff that we dont need. I recently went through clothes and donated 4 bags full. And that is just my stuff not even the kids'.
That isn't even that bad when I did my stuff I think I had 8-11 bags of my clothing.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:31 PM   #10
Ibjessa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good job! I'm trying to do the same thing--and one thing that has to go is this set of beautiful woolies that i've been trying to sell on the FSOT for a whole year! (and this post is one towards my 10 post minimum to make a listing with pictures, yay!)

Our MOMS club, btw, does an event every year around now where we all make up a couple totes of used good condition outgrown toys. we meet and make a big pile. then we each "shop the pile" and wrap up the new toys as christmas gifts. at the end of the night, the rest of the pile goes to charity. it is like killing three birds with one stone!
Ibjessa is offline   Reply With Quote