Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
keegen456
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I'm already buying stuff!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyeBattest View Post
Thanks for the link! I may have to get something like this due to space right now.
No problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TangerineLove View Post
Have any of you known someone with a co-sleeper arms reach bassinet? (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

I think if I could keep my baby in our bedroom right next to the bed, it'd be more comforting for me to hear the baby, plus easier for night-time nursing. I'd love your if you have any thoughts... I may get one of those before purchasing a crib.
I was going to get either a co-sleeper or a mini crib that I can side-car. I ended up getting the mini crib since it was on sale

Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 07:44 AM   #12
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

I just got the rest of my daytime newborn stash--yay! I now have 24 Grovia NBs. That is enough...right? I want to get Sbish for nighttime and some woolies, but I'm waiting for a killer deal (if one ever comes up) before buying those...

I have had almost all my maternity clothes (almost an entirely new wardrobe from last time) since before I was pg. LOL I just remember how hard and exhausting it was to shop for maternity clothes while I was big and uncomfortable, so for the past six months, I've been snatching items up here and there as I've seen good deals. I think I just need a few more pants and skirts, and I'm set.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:57 AM   #13
RoccerMom
Registered Users
Formerly: Boo'sMama
seller
seller

My Mood:
I haven't bought anything yet. I'm still fitting in normal clothes though they're getting snug. I'm trying to hold off on stuff for the baby till we find out the sex. Then I will start shopping and knitting and sewing. I want to make lots of lil nb fitteds to use in addition to all of our pfs I still have from when ds was a newb.

Sent from my PC36100 using DS Forum
Old 12-10-2011, 01:47 PM   #14
fluffymailaholic
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino View Post
I have most of my newborn stash I started buying when we started TTC, and I'll get a list of what dipes I have.

ETA...

My stash so far:

5 infant megaroos ETPFs

10 Grovia NBs AIOs

WAHM here on DS..traded NB fitteds (i'll look her up, these are so soft!!)

WAHM on ds did these FFS, not sure if they'll work or how they'll turn out, but they are AIOs

2 Little Boopers, TyeDye KL0, and my favorite cloth reverie(the only nonGN color, because its so cute!!)

2 Econobum w pfs(from the b1g1 deal), 2 snap and 2 velcro BG4.0 seconds

(too big for nb)Blueberry cover, thirsties duo 2 cover, small HH

smaller hanging wetbag and snappis

We never CDed a nb before...so buying a lot just in case...all I want to buy are 5 or so covers(probably thirsties duos 1, loved those) and a doz or two prefolds. Then I guess..thats it?
What lovely NB fluff photos!
Old 12-10-2011, 04:07 PM   #15
keegen456
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have my NB stash done as well. I'll have to take pictures in a bit
Old 12-14-2011, 11:46 AM   #16
graces-mommie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegen456 View Post
So I couldn't pass up this awesome deal on the mini crib that I've been looking at.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

It has great reviews and will fit perfectly in my room!

Anybody else buying things already?
I want to hear more about this when you get it in! I am reading the reviews and convincing myself that this is the way I need to go with these babies. I am putting them in the smaller of the bedrooms, or maybe I will even put them in the master with me since DH will be deployed. I have been saying that I think the key will be minimalism, and this keeps me from having to buy three bassinets and then three cribs. Well, I will probably still end up with 3 cribs, but I like that these last longer than the bassinets.

Super cute - off to do more reading!

graces-mommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:05 PM   #17
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by graces-mommie

I want to hear more about this when you get it in! I am reading the reviews and convincing myself that this is the way I need to go with these babies. I am putting them in the smaller of the bedrooms, or maybe I will even put them in the master with me since DH will be deployed. I have been saying that I think the key will be minimalism, and this keeps me from having to buy three bassinets and then three cribs. Well, I will probably still end up with 3 cribs, but I like that these last longer than the bassinets.

Also look at IKEA ..they have smaller cribs and aren't super expensive

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 12:11 PM   #18
mabelinoad
Registered Users
Formerly: Mabelino
seller
seller

My Mood:

i agree ikea. i was there last week...some $69, some $79 and up. But my only complaint about them, is they're kind of low to the ground. I like the crib up to my waste, so there isn't much bending. Worth a look though!
Old 12-14-2011, 12:44 PM   #19
melyndie
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by graces-mommie View Post

I have this crib for my DD: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...FindSrc=search

I used the crib next to our bed from day one. DD is 18 months now, and she still is sleeping in it! If she stretches out to her fullest (with arms down), she hits the ends (or, rather, the crib bumpers), but she's still good for a few more inches. She doesn't seem to mind sleeping in a small space. My DD is tall. If you have shorter babies, they can probably stay in it until they needed a toddler bed (and if they still fit at that point, this crib converts to a toddler bed or twin bed). I'm not sure how this mini crib compares to the other one, but the site has measurements you can look at.

I am planning on getting DD a full size convertible crib and giving the mini crib to the new baby. I'm glad we have room for a full size crib in our new house! I originally got the mini crib because there was NO way I could fit a full size crib in our room.
Old 12-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #20
rosenfried2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabelino
i agree ikea. i was there last week...some $69, some $79 and up. But my only complaint about them, is they're kind of low to the ground. I like the crib up to my waste, so there isn't much bending. Worth a look though!
It would probably be to my waist! I'm so short! Heehee

Follow me at my blog:Rosenfried's Ramblings
rosenfried2 is offline   Reply With Quote