Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2011, 04:10 PM   #1
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Anyone else completely frustrated with their stash?

Because I am. I've never felt like this before!

It just seems like as soon as I get a big stash built up for the girls, something happens and I need a major stash do over. We're on a super tight budget, and I'm getting sick of buying, trying, and reselling because that didn't work, either, kwim? I'm seriously in tears.

Sorry to whine but I am doing diaper laundry and getting ready to take a picture of my stash to share with everyone... and I just got super down while putting all the diapers in the dryer. It just seems like a never ending thing. I have a big stash of mostly pockets, some AIOs, 2 dozen prefolds and a couple fitteds. And one of my girls can't seem to handle pockets, PUL in general, stay dry, etc. She does best in fitteds and prefolds, but the prefolds I have are already too small and she needs the next size up, as well as more fitteds (which I am verrrry slowly collecting as I get PP but like I said, I am on a super tight budget!). She was doing great in the pockets and AIOs for a while. No longer.

Right now I have 10 Diaper Rite medium prefolds, and 4 fitteds that actually fit (a 5th is ITW). I've got to build up from there.

Anyone else ever have to revamp their stash a few times before they finally got it right?

Advertisement

Old 12-09-2011, 04:11 PM   #2
aLittleBouncingSoul
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else completely frustrated with their stash?

Oh I've revamped mine several times. It gets frustrating when they hit a growth spurt and need new ones, or something just doesn't work any more

So sorry that you're having to do a do over!
aLittleBouncingSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
AshleyLD
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I get bored, things change and I am okay right now but now I want more ai2's lol
Old 12-09-2011, 05:37 PM   #4
chinook
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Agreed with pp. Sometimes I just get bored, but the growth spurts really get me. Luckily, my LO's gain has slowed a lot since he was 4 months (over 20lbs) and now at 13mos, he's 26lbs. But the first few months were a struggle to find what fit and worked for us/him. We went through LOTS.
Now we have everything figured out (knock on wood) and I have a happy mix to keep me happy and entertained.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:48 PM   #5
rumblepurr
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning!
My Mood:

Put your too small prefolds on top of your pockets. In other words, use them like lay-ins, and see if you like that? I really like it for my DS!
But I do know what you mean. My son has super sensitive skin and a tiny waist with big thighs. Nothing fits right Tried sooo much, and now I'm going back to prefolds, flats and pins!
rumblepurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:52 PM   #6
justineybean
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Sized PFs fit better for the short time they fit but I find them frustrating because it seems like they don't last long at all. I feel your pain there. Hope you can figure something out.
justineybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:57 PM   #7
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great idea, Amber! Will try that.

Thanks, ladies. I had to vent. I am soooo irritated with this whole thing!
Old 12-09-2011, 08:34 PM   #8
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Um yes. DS's diapers are mostly shredded... and I mean shredded. And some are getting too small and others are losing the velour topping. I've been holding out, because I was hoping he'd potty train already. And now we have baby #2 on the way, so I have to buy more diapers for a NB. So, I am building up a stash for DS and a NB at the same time! Ugh. Thank goodness for sales! I hope your diapering gets better.
Old 12-09-2011, 08:51 PM   #9
carriek38
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oi, yes, DD's fitteds are in sorry shape, w/ the outer prints shredding & the inner soakers balding. I have a *few* that I bought new w/in the last year that are in decent shape & fit well. I just sunk a mint into new pockets for DC & bought some toddler pfs b/c DD's an absolute tank, but now I'm thinking I better get a few more trainers b/c I suspect DD is getting ready to PT...which is good, but frustrating since I bought the new stuff.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:34 PM   #10
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had a nb stash that was fine, but outgrown by the time my son was 2 1/2 months old. Then I went through a few months of trial and error, re-stashing 2x trying to figure out a rash situation. Turned out he needed stay-dry inners and breathable covers so I sewed him diapers. And now I'm on a buying kick just b/c he's 2 1/2 and I need to add a little excitement to the stash So now it's just for fun, but when he was rashy and 3-6 months old I was really, really not loving the diaper stash OR having to find new diapers. It seemed like lots of $$$ just going down the toilet.

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote