Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:36 PM   #11
littleleaf
Registered Users
Formerly: jcha***h
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else completely frustrated with their stash?

That's a great idea about using the pockets as covers if she can't do stay dry!

Advertisement

SPOTS - new Thirsties and more ISO Jujube, Carters, Gymboree, Zutano girl clothes 18 months
littleleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:51 AM   #12
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks again, ladies. I am kinda embarrassed that I got so emotional about it. But hearing that I'm not alone makes me feel better. Of course, at one time I was like, "Oh guys, phooey! Cloth diapering doesn't have to be so complicated! Whole generations used to be exclusively cloth diapered." And now look at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
Um yes. DS's diapers are mostly shredded... and I mean shredded. And some are getting too small and others are losing the velour topping. I've been holding out, because I was hoping he'd potty train already. And now we have baby #2 on the way, so I have to buy more diapers for a NB. So, I am building up a stash for DS and a NB at the same time! Ugh. Thank goodness for sales! I hope your diapering gets better.
Yours, too! I honestly thought Charlotte would show some interest in the potty soon, but she's probably going to be in diapers for a while longer by the looks of things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boysniris View Post
I had a nb stash that was fine, but outgrown by the time my son was 2 1/2 months old. Then I went through a few months of trial and error, re-stashing 2x trying to figure out a rash situation. Turned out he needed stay-dry inners and breathable covers so I sewed him diapers. And now I'm on a buying kick just b/c he's 2 1/2 and I need to add a little excitement to the stash So now it's just for fun, but when he was rashy and 3-6 months old I was really, really not loving the diaper stash OR having to find new diapers. It seemed like lots of $$$ just going down the toilet.
See, that's exactly how I feel. That's why I've gotten so upset over it!
Old 12-10-2011, 11:53 AM   #13
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you sew at all? Or have the interest in learning? Maybe you could make some extended tab PFs following this tut:

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/...d+tab+tutorial

or this:

http://www.ourlittlemonkeys.net/2011...refold-diaper/

ETA -- I found another cool pattern -- might try this one myself!!!

http://littlecomettails.kingstondesi...soflatwrap.pdf

Last edited by boysniris; 12-10-2011 at 11:58 AM.
boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #14
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh yes. Before I start throwing some of his diapers out, I'm going to post my "stash" pics to show you how horrific they all are. I ordered some sandys and grovia and a few others, so I feel a little better. But I'd rather be using the money on some nice woollies.

I also hate it when you get new fluff and it's all beautiful and plush, and after a few months they are stiff, balding, and looking like crap! I am going to try to make some fitteds out of PF's because it's the only material that seems to stay soft and nice and actually gets clean!

ETA: I should also note that I have been driving myself nuts trying to get our diapers to work with DS's changing needs. I've sewn all new doublers, replaced snaps and elastic, made snap covers, etc, etc. And I still hate 90% of his diapers right now.

Last edited by *Peanut*; 12-10-2011 at 01:04 PM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:04 PM   #15
Hcrimm
Registered Users

My small stash is always evolving too. I think the best way to figure it out is to just keep trying things out. Dont worry mama, you're not alone!
Hcrimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:21 PM   #16
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks. Peanut, that sounds terrible!! I hope you have better luck in the future. I have decided to just give up everything and start over with a full stash of what I know works for them. Sigh. It's gonna take a while! However, I am hoping that i will be in stash nirvana when it is all said and done.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 03:23 PM   #17
3lilbubs
Registered Users
seller

Yes, I just can't seem to settle on something that works for this babe. I think I'm going to just buy a bunch of pockets come tax time and call it good. I'm so frustrated.
3lilbubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 06:22 PM   #18
Almacham
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3lilbubs View Post
Yes, I just can't seem to settle on something that works for this babe. I think I'm going to just buy a bunch of pockets come tax time and call it good. I'm so frustrated.
see, that's what i'm doing! well, i'm not getting pockets but i am selling everything that i have now to fund a stash i know will work and getting the rest of it at tax time. And that's that before i pull all of my hair out.
Almacham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #19
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
Thanks. Peanut, that sounds terrible!! I hope you have better luck in the future. I have decided to just give up everything and start over with a full stash of what I know works for them. Sigh. It's gonna take a while! However, I am hoping that i will be in stash nirvana when it is all said and done.
Im going to take some pics today. It's bad.
Old 12-15-2011, 07:55 AM   #20
mfergy0625
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am very frustrated with my stash right now. I bought all sized BG AIOs in the early summer for both my boys. I LOVED these for the summer and fall but now that DS#2 has PL'ed and DS#3 outgrew the mediums I can't find the love for the larges. They just don't fit him right I am so thnakful that I kept a back-up stash of prefolds/flats and PUL covers because I have been using these instead of my AIOs. I am getting ready to list them in FSOT and hope to just get more prefolds and covers for him. It is just so frustrating because the mediums worked great for him and I finally felt happy with my stash in the summer.