Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2011, 04:16 PM   #1
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Help me choose my next knitting project

I have 8oz of Ewe Need Color's "Chopsticks" and 8 oz of Black BBR. I'd like to make a longies / top set but am not sure what would go well with the yarn. The colorway isn't traditionally girly, so I need to feminize it up a bit... I'm thinking this so far:

Madelyn Sweater

Beyond Peurpedum

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/libr...toddler-sizing

I'm also thinking of putting the black as the trim for the longies but not having the colorway on the sweater, so that I can use it with other things... but I'm not set yet.

Thanks for your input!

Advertisement

Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
omahonycm
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Help me choose my next knitting project

Any ideas?
Marie - Living my dreams! Mama to a bright and busy big girl, a sweet little toddler girl and expecting a surprise in November! If I'm not with my daughters, then I'm or doing or spending time with the husband or... what else? here on DS!
omahonycm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 06:48 PM   #3
boogamama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help me choose my next knitting project

Are you set on longies? What about overalls, with cute girly ruffled cuffs? Using the black for pockets. You could make it more feminine with some sweet buttons. Or a skirty? I love the Juliette skirty pattern. I would recommend the In Threes cardigan pattern in solid black, with some girly buttons. So cute! That could easily be paired with lots of long sleeved shirts to match the Chopsticks colorway (if you decide to knit longies). Love the STIH sweater, too, but not sure how it would look in solid black.

boogamama is offline   Reply With Quote