Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #1
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Weight Gain?

So I'm currently 21 weeks and recently just started gaining weight (would say just these last 2 weeks) I started around 142 and this week I feel as if the scale won't stop going up! I'm 148 in the morning before a meal and by the end of the night I could be 149-150. Just got back from eating out and the scale read 151 Is it just me or is it hard for anyone else to see the numbers go up?

Advertisement

Old 12-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Weight Gain?

With my first it was the hardest. This time around it is what it is and it will come off. I just try and remember how much baby weighs, extra blood, fluid, and placenta. It all adds up and will drop rapidly after birth.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:04 AM   #3
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not for me. I'm really petite and due to multiple food allergies I don't gain weight easily. So sometimes it's nice to see myself gaining weight .

But that's not to say I don't sometimes worry about gaining too much weight or anything. However after pregnancy you loose some of the weight so fast since a lot of it is just fluids.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
crunch!910
Registered Users

I've got a head start on you... I've already gained 16 lbs at 24wks.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:26 AM   #5
milosmama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've got you all beat....so far anyway. I am at 16 weeks (give or take, there is some debate), and have already gained 12 pds. I freaked a little at my last appt., to have gained so much so early. My OB looked up my records from my son 4 years ago, and I am on the exact same weight gain schedule. I had gained 11 pounds by the same appt. last time. I guess it is what it is! I try to remember that our bodies will do what they need to do sometimes and there is no better reason to gain weight in the world than making a baby!
milosmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

It is hard. And this is with still be under pre-pregnancy weight. Not by much but around .5 - 2 pounds.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe I should stop stepping on the scale everyday and let nature take its course... like that's going to happen
Old 12-11-2011, 02:48 PM   #8
MNclothdiaperin'Momma
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yeah, I don't think that I would be getting on the scale every day. The only time I hear what my weight is at, is at my appointments. I would drive myself crazy constantly checking. Although, if you are having a hard time with it, it might be easier to just see smaller gains more often instead of larger gains less often? I dunno. I just wouldn't worry about it too much. There really isn't a whole lot that you can do besides eat right and exercise.
& DS (4/13/12)

MNclothdiaperin'Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
Br2me
Registered Users
seller
seller

hahaha...when i went to my last appt...the nurse looked at my record after we got in the room and said while laughing..."you've had a 10 lb.s jump since your last appt" I was in shock...so far I had only gained a few pounds here and there...but that was a huge jump in 5 1/2 weeks...I told her next time to lie to me! she had to take my bp twice after telling me that!!

in general I don't worry about...we don't even own a scale at home...I know that my body is doing what it needs to make a healthy baby...that being said I also know that I can lose whatever i gain after baby comes...
Br2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:10 PM   #10
ClemsonMama87
Registered Users
Formerly: macsmommy10
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have the opposite problem-I'm still in the negative for weight gain My MW has assured me that I'm doing fine and the little one is measuring ahead so he's healthy but that's just not coming through on the scale. I lost in the beginning due to being sick and I still haven't gained it all back and won't until after week 30 like I did with DD.