Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2011, 12:18 PM   #11
PinkLemonade7503
Registered Users
seller

Re: Weight Gain?

well, i was working on losing weight up until i got pregnant. so, i am just in that "don't eat until you are really really hungry" mindset. but, i am eating plenty, and baby is doing fine. i was so worried i would gain a ton, and so far i have gained 1 lb. i lost five in the first trimester, and have put on six since then.

i can tell it is going to pick up. i have several friends i only see every few weeks, and the last few times we have seen each other they have said there is a very noticable difference in my bump!

i weigh every day. i am trying to keep this in check. i am still a little overweight, so as soon as baby comes and we're ready we'll be jogging to lose the rest of it before i get pregnant again.

i go on two mile walks every day. that used to be nothing for me, now i come home starving!! i used to work out aside from that, the two miles was just to walk the dogs. now it is kicking my butt! i do a little bit of pilates for pregnancy, which i need to do more of to be better prepared for birth.

Advertisement

PinkLemonade7503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 12:40 PM   #12
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just like when I was pregnant with DS, I gained several pounds in the first trimester, but I hadn't gained a pound at my last appointment (right after Thanksgiving, too!). I'm sure I'm gaining weight again because everything is getting bigger. Overall, I'm up about 10 pounds. I'm not a very big person (I weighed 115 at my last appt), so 10 pounds is pretty significant for me. With DS I gained 27 lbs total, and I think a good amount of that was water weight because I was really puffy.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:46 PM   #13
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I am scared to get weighed Wednesday. It isn't going to be pretty, I am huge. I just hope to keep it under 160 I am a fairly tiny person to begin with. There is no way I could handle weighing myself every day.
Old 12-13-2011, 10:04 PM   #14
Aloha Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm gaining like crazy! I get so stressed about it that my mw weighs me while I stand backwards on the scale, just so I don't freak out. I don't check at home because I'd go crazy. The intellectual side of me knows that my body will so what it needs to do & I should relax & let it happen. But the rest of me is so neurotic...

About-to-be-RN mommy to my Sweet 1 (ds 5/11/06) & Sweet 2 (dd 3/30/12)
Aloha Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:24 PM   #15
kspicer119
Registered Users

It is really hard for me to watch the scale go up too. I just now hit my pre pregnancy weight last week at 24 weeks but it is still hard to see. I had a border line eating disorder about ten years ago, I didn't starve myself I just worked out obsessivly. I do not like seeing the numbers go up, even when I know it is a good thing.
kspicer119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #16
Treasures From Elf
Registered
seller
seller

My Mood:

I hit 20 weeks 2 days today and I'm still 1.5 pounds under my pre pregnancy weight.

It is hard to see it go up even .5 of a pound.

In my defense I have gained massive amounts of weights with my other children, 53, 48, 35, 38, 43 so it is really nice not having gained much yet.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #17
moonlightblonde
Registered Users
seller

I am up 10lbs already...maybe slightly more I was losing weight when I got pg.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just weighed myself yesterday morning and I'm only up to 14 lbs gained in total. For me, compared to my last pregnancy, that is REALLY good! Also, I had an early glucose screeening and it was all good results!! SO excited since I was insulin-dependent for my last! I have to take it again in 4 weeks but if I follow a really strict diabetes diet for the week before, I should be fine! Plus testing negative now puts me at a lower risk SO the weight gain and the screening results have me in a good mood for Christmas... although I gained 5 lbs in the month of Decmeber so far! I can't stay away from the chocolates and rich food!
Hey, I just read that in the first trimester, you should gain 1-4 lbs and then 1-2 lbs per week for the rest of the pregnancy! Honestly, that makes me feel better and gives me some peace. I should be able to keep the gain to 25-30 easily now.
Hoping to shed about 60lbs before the next baby is conceived in hopefully about a year from now! I can do it with lots of exercise and diligent good eating.
Old 12-23-2011, 01:47 PM   #19
lydoomizelaine
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Had a doctors appt on tuessday and I've gained a total of 11 pounds. And lately I can't stop eating! All I find myself doing is looking for something to snack on or thinking about what I'm going to eat next.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:32 PM   #20
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've gained about 5-6lbs -which is all baby and maybe some boob! MW thinks I've gained 8. Not concerned, only gained 25lb with DD and I didn't put it on until later. I can eat all day long and still not gain weight, although I don't eat carbs or processed fats/fried foods.

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote