Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:55 PM   #21
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Weight Gain?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaChellsRun View Post
I've gained about 5-6lbs -which is all baby and maybe some boob! MW thinks I've gained 8. Not concerned, only gained 25lb with DD and I didn't put it on until later. I can eat all day long and still not gain weight, although I don't eat carbs or processed fats/fried foods.
I could not due without carbs. I tend to eat more complex carbs than anything though, like brown rice with beans or brown rice pasta. Love my brown rice...

Lately I've been eating potatoes and I think it has to do with potassium in them. I'm allergic to bananas so those aren't an option. That's one of the least complex carb foods I have been eating unless you count my gluten free flour blend for bread, but that also has brown rice in it.

I think I've gained around 12 or 14 pounds so far. I'm always impressed when I gain weight because I don't gain it easily.

Advertisement

Old 12-23-2011, 06:50 PM   #22
SeaChellsRun
Registered Users
Formerly: ChellySnow
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueone View Post
I could not due without carbs. I tend to eat more complex carbs than anything though, like brown rice with beans or brown rice pasta. Love my brown rice...

Lately I've been eating potatoes and I think it has to do with potassium in them. I'm allergic to bananas so those aren't an option. That's one of the least complex carb foods I have been eating unless you count my gluten free flour blend for bread, but that also has brown rice in it.

I think I've gained around 12 or 14 pounds so far. I'm always impressed when I gain weight because I don't gain it easily.
We have similar food restrictions, so I'm not surprised we both have trouble gaining weight. Potatoes make me sick and I can only handle so much brown rice in any form, feels like I ate a brick. I did get some garbanzo bean flour to make pizza but that's not a typical carb... Or is it even a carb

DD1 1/09 *** DD2 4/12
SeaChellsRun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 07:45 AM   #23
blueone
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaChellsRun View Post
We have similar food restrictions, so I'm not surprised we both have trouble gaining weight. Potatoes make me sick and I can only handle so much brown rice in any form, feels like I ate a brick. I did get some garbanzo bean flour to make pizza but that's not a typical carb... Or is it even a carb
Maybe it would count as a complex semi carb. No idea at all. But I do know if you combine it with a grain like quinoa it becomes a complete protien! I took nutrition classes in college, they were required because of my major. For some reason that always stuck with me...
Old 12-26-2011, 01:03 AM   #24
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

I've gained 7 lbs at 26 weeks. I feel good about it. I'm eating well and not stressed about it. I used to have an eating disorder so I don't own a scale. I can't handle it. My doctor thinks my weight gain is perfect and DH thinks I'm adorable pregnant so I just don't think about the TOTAL number, if that makes sense? I can lose it later. I gained a lot of water at the end with DS2 (can you say pillow feet??) and had such a big tummy! He was HUGE! This baby measures even bigger so I'm actually surprised I haven't gained more.
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #25
crunch!910
Registered Users

I'm afraid to step on the scale now. I thought I was doing really well... I'm now 26 weeks, haven't weighed myself since last week, but the last time I weighed I was up 16 lbs, and that is with very healthy eating!! I think I could starve myself and still gain tons of weight. I feel like a cow. I'm not gaining as much as I did with DS1 (yet?), but I'm giving up. I am not going to stay under 35lb weight gain at this right if I'm already up 16+ lbs. I wish I were one of those people that ONLY gained belly and was cute.. no, my arms are getting fatter, my butt is getting bigger, my calves are looking fatter. Gross. It's best if I stay out of public at these self loathing times because If I see a skinny person with a baby, I might glare.

I know I'm not eating too much because I eat LOTS of Salads, very little potatoes/pasta/rice/bread, and yesterday I hardly ate anything ... but I did go through 6 trays of ice cubes. I wasn't hungry, I just wanted to crunch on those all day long. And then a heaping portion of green bean casserole in the evening. Yum.
Old 12-26-2011, 07:58 PM   #26
ashersmomoo
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunch!910
I'm afraid to step on the scale now. I thought I was doing really well... I'm now 26 weeks, haven't weighed myself since last week, but the last time I weighed I was up 16 lbs, and that is with very healthy eating!! I think I could starve myself and still gain tons of weight. I feel like a cow. I'm not gaining as much as I did with DS1 (yet?), but I'm giving up. I am not going to stay under 35lb weight gain at this right if I'm already up 16+ lbs. I wish I were one of those people that ONLY gained belly and was cute.. no, my arms are getting fatter, my butt is getting bigger, my calves are looking fatter. Gross. It's best if I stay out of public at these self loathing times because If I see a skinny person with a baby, I might glare.

I know I'm not eating too much because I eat LOTS of Salads, very little potatoes/pasta/rice/bread, and yesterday I hardly ate anything ... but I did go through 6 trays of ice cubes. I wasn't hungry, I just wanted to crunch on those all day long. And then a heaping portion of green bean casserole in the evening. Yum.
That's how it was with DS2!!! I gained like 50 pounds or something and ate pretty dang healthy! DS1 I gained 20 and ate the same. Who knows??? The body just does what it does! I never look like the "model" pregnant girls either. I like to pretend they don't exist, but have had one friend who looked like a model pregnant. She was Ethiopian though and 6 ft tall. I think that makes it unfair! She looked like she had just put a basketball under her shirt. She never even had to buy maternity pants!!!
DW to my BFF and DH! In SAHM heaven to my 3 perfect boys: Asher (9/2/05) , Oliver (2/24/08) , and Gabriel (3/30/12) Novice urban farmer, trying to feed my family on 1/3 acre! http://wildcardgardenbug.blogspot.com/
ashersmomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 09:09 PM   #27
LnzsOut
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had an appointment today and found out I have actually LOST weight. My total gain since pre-pregnancy is now only 4 pounds at almost 24 weeks! I was very surprised because I feel huge all of a sudden. As of the last 10 days or so, I can no longer fit into my regular pants, and all my undies are too small. I think I'm the only person that loses weight during the holidays - lol. The Dr. didn't seem concerned, so I guess I shouldn't be either.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:43 AM   #28
hhilgen2
Registered Users
seller

28 weeks and up 20 lbs here I've always been a skinnier girl and stepping on the scale is horrible! My midwife doesn't seem concerned, but it's bumming me out. I was only hoping for 25 lbs total. Oh well....
hhilgen2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 10:27 PM   #29
Farmer's Wife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just thought I'd do a check in here!

At 27 weeks, I'm up 16lbs! Way better than my last pregnancy! I think I gained around 60lbs last time. Heck, I had gained 7lbs in the first trimester! (It turned out I had GD though) I learned my lesson and here I am. I'm hoping for 30lbs or less in total.
I started out way heavier this time though.

I gained 2 lbs in 3 weeks between 24-27 weeks, not bad for it being over Christmas.

I gained 5lbs in 4 weeks before that, so up 7 lbs since I was 20wks prego...
Let me figure this out...lbs gained
11 weeks - 4lbs up total
14 weeks - .5 lbs down so 3.5lbs total
20 weeks - 9 lbs total
24 weeks - 14 lbs total
27 weeks - 16 lbs total

So far, no GD this time and my gain is good. I have my second GD test some time this week. Praying for no GD!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 AM   #30
crunch!910
Registered Users

I gained 2-3 lbs in 1 week.

DH says maybe it is just my muscles being swollen from the soreness/exercise and the weight training because I just very recently picked up exercising again in early January.. which is possible... but I guess time will tell. I'm 29lbs, and I've gained 22 lbs total. I really don't feel confident anymore at all that I'll stay under 35lb weight gain.